Ten questions answered... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten questions answered...

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Reaction score
Before the game there was a thread on what to look for. Here's my opinion on what I just saw....

1. Fiedler - Back Spasms gone. look fluid and confortable in the pocket. Made a great paly to Ricky for the TD. He'll be just fine running this offense. (I can't believe I just said that).

2. Wade Smith - Never got beat for a sack. Used his hands and feet really well. I saw him shop block a couple of guys on running plays. Overall - he graded well.

3. Leonard Henry vs Edwards - No doubt in my mind... Leonard Henry stays. Outplayed Edwards tonight.

4. Junior Seau - Nothing great, but nothing bad either.

5. Injuries - If Jenkins injury is just a twicth of the hamstring, then we came out unscatehd. Otherwise, his injury could realy hurt our depth.
6. Fletcher and his game - dropeed and INT that could have changed the game. It was not an easy catch as though. Played the pass well enough to not get his name called but has some work to do in run stoppage.

7. Simmons vs Tolver - Keep them both. Tolver made a great adjustment on a BG tipped pass. Simmons just impressed.

8. Jenkins fill Moore void - He was making plays but most of them 5 to 10 yards downfield. You can tell he's raw. Great hit earned him a 15 yards for personal foul.

9. Does 1st team get off the field - Yes they can. More often than not.

10. Sage vs BG - BG did not look as confortable as Sage in the pocket. BG played much better tonight but Sage, I think, is QB of the future.

Other Observations....

Special teams played very well. Royals punted well and Olindo is the man.

Second and Third stringers should be very scraed of losing their jobs to each other and the "WAIVER WIRE". The defensive linemen looked slow and easy to move.

Where was the tackling all game long. It seemed that more often than not the first man to get there missed the tackle.

Well that's it. I am happy to see the 1st team play well. Next week against Atlanta they will play up to 3 quarters so we will realy get a good look at what the season will have to offer.

Thanks D4G, I started that threat, didn't see the game, so I'm happy to get a report. One other question, how did Flect do?
Can believe Hugh D. didn't get by W. Smith..wow, that's awesome.

D4good - Thanks for the exceptional report. This was excellent!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Thanks D4G, I started that threat, didn't see the game, so I'm happy to get a report. One other question, how did Flect do?

Wade Smith did play very very well. Douglas didn't get anywhere near Jay or BG. I was impressed even though I had read that Hugh is out of shape and not really into the pre-season thing. Who knows how much effort he actually gave out there. He looked a little flustered at times which meant to me he was trying to get the QB.

Fletcher played like Fletcher.... played well when off the line of scrimmage, even had a shot at an INT for an easy TD (nine yard line). However, I thought that his tackling and run support needs improvement. At one point he dove at the QB's legs (QB is 6-1 240lbs) on a scramble and bounced right off. T-Buck started at corner for Surtain and didn't get his name mentioned either way. Just solid play.

Lowe just did not match up well today, but I would give him another chance seeing if he is good in the slot. Could be the opposite of Madison who is horrid in the slot.

I thought the 1st string played solid and the 2nd string played fairly well, except for that one drive.

BG looked better. Sage QB of the future? Remains to be seen. He threw a bad INT tonight and have we seen him against the first squad?

Smith played well though..nice to see.

Don't forget Charlie Rogers nice return ;).

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

What D4G forgot to mention was all the Dolphins CB's no matter who was in there was playing 5-10 yards off the LOS.

Fletcher was the only DB outside of Marion who made any noise in coverage. Fletcher looks totally confident, and the Dolphins appear to lose very lil when he's in at CB.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Jaj
Lowe just did not match up well today, but I would give him another chance seeing if he is good in the slot. Could be the opposite of Madison who is horrid in the slot.

Lowe was burned all night, I'd be surprised if he makes the cut. He was down right awful tonight.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Lowe was burned all night, I'd be surprised if he makes the cut. He was down right awful tonight.

Oliver...

Man I was hoping Lowe was our final piece at corner...maybe he just had an off night, which you really can't do doing a game.
The D allowing extended drives was a big concern to me..Glad to hear the first D got off the field..but why did the Jags not start Burnell at QB?

some things i noticed about this game:

Ladies, we have 4 RB and dont be surprised if Norv keeps all four with our TE situation.

jay is the man beating that blitz with the quickie to ricky.

Sage rosenfels is a smart boy.

Sammy knight walked off holding his arm seriously. ouch.

coreyjenkins. please dont be seriously injured tommorrow!

Im not sold on wade smith at this point whatsoever as far as having to play an entire game against the likes of a hugh douglass. Our backup OL sucks and we need to be seriously looking at other teams guys.

Hendricks was a stickler, sorry i cant say that about too many on the second and third stringers as well except maybe jenkins who now could be hurt.

Our RB's rock and we better not not cut anyone or maybe trade robert edwards although i would be hard pressed to see him go either. keeping 4 might fit this year. we are a running team, no doubt about that.

Alfonso roundtree is playing real well. and that Dario romero is becoming a beast. not too impressed with ayabendejo at LB though. wanny is tooting his horn for little reason. although he is not bad either.

Chris chambers was invisisble, probably on purpose.

Derrius thompson rocks with that excellent catch down the sideline. He is the man right now.

Byron leftwich is a suckhole.

if Wade Smith can shut Hugh Douglas down, even for one game...im panickin a lil less bout Dixon's ankle. If Smith can get a lil stronger he may even be a good starter for us down the road.

Originally posted by Oliver

What D4G forgot to mention was all the Dolphins CB's no matter who was in there was playing 5-10 yards off the LOS.

Fletcher was the only DB outside of Marion who made any noise in coverage. Fletcher looks totally confident, and the Dolphins appear to lose very lil when he's in at CB.

Oliver...

i agree, flethcer i believe has arrived. he did not play bad last year and made plays. His mind may be right in the right place finally.

Originally posted by finfan54
some things i noticed about this game:

Ladies, we have 4 RB and dont be surprised if Norv keeps all four with our TE situation.

jay is the man beating that blitz with the quickie to ricky.

Sage rosenfels is a smart boy.

Sammy knight walked off holding his arm seriously. ouch.

coreyjenkins. please dont be seriously injured tommorrow!

Im not sold on wade smith at this point whatsoever as far as having to play an entire game against the likes of a hugh douglass. Our backup OL sucks and we need to be seriously looking at other teams guys.

Hendricks was a stickler, sorry i cant say that about too many on the second and third stringers as well except maybe jenkins who now could be hurt.

Our RB's rock and we better not not cut anyone or maybe trade robert edwards although i would be hard pressed to see him go either. keeping 4 might fit this year. we are a running team, no doubt about that.

Alfonso roundtree is playing real well. and that Dario romero is becoming a beast. not too impressed with ayabendejo at LB though. wanny is tooting his horn for little reason. although he is not bad either.

Chris chambers was invisisble, probably on purpose.

Derrius thompson rocks with that excellent catch down the sideline. He is the man right now.

Byron leftwich is a suckhole.

Wade Smith passed his 1st test with flying colors, he was very solid tonight. He handled H. Douglas. Douglas never had a serious chance at the QB while he was in there. I know I'm impressed.

The 2 sacks, Griese was just lazy on the 1st one on a roll out, and the 2nd sack came straight up the middle. A great play by the Jags D.

Oliver...

Originally posted by finfan54

Alfonso roundtree is playing real well.

I was under the impression that it was the exact opposite.... that he got burned... perhaps I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got from the comments in the game thread..

Back
Top Bottom