Ten questions answered... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten questions answered...

Originally posted by WharfRat

I was under the impression that it was the exact opposite.... that he got burned... perhaps I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got from the comments in the game thread..

No he was owned a few times, that's for darn sure.

Oliver...

I'm confused. FF54 you kind of stated the opposite about wade smith play, everyone thought he did a good job, please explain? Do you think we're seeing the real b\u OL and the one against Tampa was a fluke, isn't this the same b\u line that help in the comeback last week? Or should I infer they are not consistent..did Yates not play well? I'm glad to hear Henry's still running well, I see he had less carries than Edwards, but more yards. Yet, didn't they play behind the b\u OL, so what gives here?

Originally posted by WharfRat

I was under the impression that it was the exact opposite.... that he got burned... perhaps I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got from the comments in the game thread..

all i know is what i saw. and i saw that he had position on his guy all night. he is fast and doenst mind sticking his helmet into someone.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I'm confused. FF54 you kind of stated the opposite about wade smith play, everyone thought he did a good job, please explain? Do you think we're seeing the real b\u OL and the one against Tampa was a fluke, isn't this the same b\u line that help in the comeback last week? Or should I infer they are not consistent..did Yates not play well? I'm glad to hear Henry's still running well, I see he had less carries than Edwards, but more yards. Yet, didn't they play behind the b\u OL, so what gives here?

well i missed the first series. i am relying on my compadre at the bar before i got there. he said he wasnt really all impressed with him at all. I trust his opinion. he doesnt play favorites and tells what he sees. I watched him after the first series and all i can tell you is that he probably is percieved as not making many mistakes, but he has a ways to go still. I see him as weak in the mind department right now due to his inexperience and the pressure on him right now. I noticed we ran away from him for a time or two. I did notice though, on a screen pass that he had his side sealed off pretty good. He probably had some help tonight. If all of you see good things from him and were paying particular attention to him, fine,but i dont think we should be thinking that we are okay at LT. The boy will be better next year but will be a prob this year if we have to go with him. He would be our weak link no doubt in my mind.

Originally posted by finfan54

all i know is what i saw. and i saw that he had position on his guy all night. he is fast and doenst mind sticking his helmet into someone.

at least when he was one on one he did well. why is he getting all this playing time do you think? obviously he is doing well in practice and in games. im not saying he is all world but what exactly do you expect? i saw him a few times make great plays on long ones.

well i missed the first series. i am relying on my compadre at the bar before i got there. he said he wasnt really all impressed with him at all. I trust his opinion. he doesnt play favorites and tells what he sees. I watched him after the first series and all i can tell you is that he probably is percieved as not making many mistakes, but he has a ways to go still. I see him as weak in the mind department right now due to his inexperience and the pressure on him right now. I noticed we ran away from him for a time or two. I did notice though, on a screen pass that he had his side sealed off pretty good. He probably had some help tonight. If all of you see good things from him and were paying particular attention to him, fine,but i dont think we should be thinking that we are okay at LT. The boy will be better next year but will be a prob this year if we have to go with him. He would be our weak link no doubt in my mind.

Of course he has a long way to go, he's a rookie being thrown into the fire on a Super Bowl bound team. But I'm not sure what player your friend was looking at, but Wade Smith totally looked like a VET LT tonight.

It's only one night, but he passed this test with flying colors. I didn't count ONE obvious mistake on his part. When everyone else was being beat, he had his man totally in control all night long.

Let's see if he can build upon this.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Prime Time
So Seau won't be a hit in South Florida?

LoL, you've got a certain touch PT. :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Prime Time
So Seau won't be a hit in South Florida?

oh dont you worry about seau, seau will make drew blesdoe wish he had 2 TE's and 4 WR's playing.

Originally posted by Oliver

Of course he has a long way to go, he's a rookie being thrown into the fire on a Super Bowl bound team. But I'm not sure what player your friend was looking at, but Wade Smith totally looked like a VET LT tonight.

It's only one night, but he passed this test with flying colors. I didn't count ONE obvious mistake on his part. When everyone else was being beat, he had his man totally in control all night long.

Let's see if he can build upon this.

Oliver...

Oliver, sometimes your eyes can decieve you. Just because douglass didnt get to jay doesnt mean he was good. Jay, im sure was very aware of his LT tonight and im sure norv designed plays to protect the offense as well as wade ect. jays TD to ricky was a quickie on a blitz, which shows you that with fielder in tonight, it made everything look sweeter. that includes our LT. Im not saying you are wrong, i wasnt paying all attention to Smith all the time but when i did look, i saw a double whiff on a play going to the other side. Im not judging him on what little i saw, but what i saw last week and tonight. He has good feet and is athletic to play LT for what we need, but he has to get some nastiness in him and he has to realize that every week someone is coming after him. we cannot think that he is the answere this year. plain and simple.

and i am not trying to burst everyones bubble here....i just want to give my true opinion. i think he should stick, but i also think that with a guy like Dixon, a guy who is a heartbeat away from retirement, we should not think that wa can stand pat with Smith. It almost makes me want to look at Borum more with his size and all or we need to be looking towards the dessert......if ya know what i mean.

Oliver, sometimes your eyes can decieve you. Just because douglass didnt get to jay doesnt mean he was good. Jay, im sure was very aware of his LT tonight and im sure norv designed plays to protect the offense as well as wade ect. jays TD to ricky was a quickie on a blitz, which shows you that with fielder in tonight, it made everything look sweeter. that includes our LT. Im not saying you are wrong, i wasnt paying all attention to Smith all the time but when i did look, i saw a double whiff on a play going to the other side. Im not judging him on what little i saw, but what i saw last week and tonight. He has good feet and is athletic to play LT for what we need, but he has to get some nastiness in him and he has to realize that every week someone is coming after him. we cannot think that he is the answere this year. plain and simple.

and i am not trying to burst everyones bubble here....i just want to give my true opinion. i think he should stick, but i also think that with a guy like Dixon, a guy who is a heartbeat away from retirement, we should not think that wa can stand pat with Smith. It almost makes me want to look at Borum more with his size and all or we need to be looking towards the dessert......if ya know what i mean.

Well I just spent the last 25 minutes re-watching the Dolphins 1st FOUR series of downs.

I can tell you staright up, the Jags were coming after him, and coming hard. They ran several STUNTS tonight on Nails and WS and WS was not fooled.

That's the wonderful thing about video tape, it don't lie. :D

I have no idea what is going to happen with our LT position, I just know we have a better LT playing right now than we did last week or TWO weeks ago.

Oliver...

All I know is that on the few plays that CBS showed Wade vs Hugh, the boy looked just fine. He lost Hugh on one of the plays for a second and recovered very nicely. I didn't see anyone helping the kid out tonight. I was watching and I saw Hugh doubled only once and I never saw a play where Jay rolled to the right side, away from Wade. I can't even remember him rolling out!

As far as Dixon being close to retirement, thats pure speculation. All reports indicate that he should be back early in the reg season, if not the first game.

You know how many horseshoes would have to be up our butt if this kid keeps it up. I know it's early but Douglas is an All Pro and should have at least gotten some pressure. I look forward to actually getting to watch him in the Atlanta game.

Douglas didn't even have a tackle all game. He was shut down.

Douglas' quote after the game:

"He's aggressive," Douglas said of Smith. "He's raw. He needs to work on his technique. But he's aggressive and so he's going to get better."

Jay also had the time to try a few long ones.

First test passed. 3 more tests to go (2 preseason and one real test in Houston to open the season).

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by VanDolPhan
You know how many horseshoes would have to be up our butt if this kid keeps it up. I know it's early but Douglas is an All Pro and should have at least gotten some pressure. I look forward to actually getting to watch him in the Atlanta game.
fact is if Douglass got a sack and some pressure ag Dixon no one w/b that suprised, so Smith's performance makes him look like a draft steal.

oh dont you worry about seau, seau will make drew blesdoe wish he had 2 TE's and 4 WR's playing.

What's he gonna do?..poke him with his walking stick:confused:

Back
Top Bottom