TEN Threads crying about losing a CB... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEN Threads crying about losing a CB...

dolphingator said:
I cannot believe the mentality of this fan base. This whole fantasy of "defense first" has GOT to GO before we can even think about being over .500, much less be contenders. You win with IMPACT TALENT on offense, with PLAYMAKERS. You have to possess the ball, score points, and control the tempo of the game with your OFFENSE.

We are not on prime-time next year NOT because we were 4-12, but because we have a punchless popgun boring offense that has no playmaking stars that anyone north of Jupiter wants to watch. We and Tampa Bay both have the same kind of team and we are the only 2 teams shut out of prime-time. Because someone had the bright idea that it's cheaper to pay defense.

Defensive players are a dime a dozen out there. Losing Will Poole is not the end of civilization as we know it, folks! There are other players out there. You don't need defensive legends-in-their-own-mind eating up CAP SPACE that is needed for playmakers.

We will never see a playoff game again until Zach Thomas, or Jason Taylor, or BOTH, are gone and we can pay for a QB and WRs.

Time to hang up on the defense, folks. If defense wins championships, where are all those rings jimmah and wannabe won? Oh, that's right, 2/3rd of the time their teams didn't even MAKE the playoffs.

bro - you gotta stop living in the past - all your rantings, and there is alot of them, are based on last year and beyond - this is a new year and a new team - new coaches, players, schemes, philosophies etc. - you make good points but sometimes i think you talk just to hear yourself talk -

We have a strong D-line again and thats where good corners come from. You put pressure on the QB and take pressure off the D-Backs. Why do you think rookie corners are in the probowl with Philadelphia. There D is a pressure D and the corners there don't have to be probowler to play there. They do get the credit but it's the pressure up front thats makes the corners successful.

I think if you worried about the corner position after Poole's injury, then you weren't that confident before the injury. Relax people, we won't be a SB team anyways. We will still have a good season. Smile be happy, at least your not a Jill fan. :wink:

Its all depends on the scheme. Don't get me wrong the players matter, but when Law was out for the season poeple were doubting if the Pats could win it. But they didnt care what the people said and they marched to the superbowl. They shutdown Peyton Manning, they murdered Ben Roethlisber in Pittsburg, and the treated McNabb like a child in the Superbowl all WITHOUT TY LAW. Sam Madison will do his job and all we need is a decent second because im very confident in the front seven this year getting lots of pressure on the QB. We could be like an Eagles Def. this year, just constantly blitzing. Thier corners were not that good either, Sheperd and Brown, but they still had one of the best pass defenses. Will Poole will be missed but it is not that big of a deal.

Agua said:
Dude, do you have ANYTHING to add to the discussions on this board beyond something that always comes down to "Pats are great"? I've yet to see it and, in my book, you're a troll.

go look at the converstaions with players thread.......

:tongue:

patsdynasty said:
the pats will have huge performances out of ben watson / david terrell because the phins will be worried about covering deion branch and givens, but people like watson and terrell will be open..... oh and daniel graham and bethel johnson, add in a little white lightning with tim dwight..... oh boy......

Oh please. Take a break from the LSD

yankeehillbilly said:
Was he going to be the starter?

thats exactly what everyone needs to remember, because in all likeliness, he wasn't

i will e-mail dungy this .................NEWS FLASH

The only issue I have with losing Poole is the continuation of losing players in minicamps. What kind of creampuff cannot even play a season without blowing out a knee.

Don't give me the bad luck, it happens to every team as we lose simply too many players. How about a little less time spent on a 40 yard dash a bit more spent on durability and toughness.

patsdynasty said:
the pats will have huge performances out of ben watson / david terrell because the phins will be worried about covering deion branch and givens, but people like watson and terrell will be open..... oh and daniel graham and bethel johnson, add in a little white lightning with tim dwight..... oh boy......

David Terrell hasn't had a huge performance since college. Just because he's now a Patsy he's going to start having huge games?

Mr Fan said:
The only issue I have with losing Poole is the continuation of losing players in minicamps. What kind of creampuff cannot even play a season without blowing out a knee.

Don't give me the bad luck, it happens to every team as we lose simply too many players. How about a little less time spent on a 40 yard dash a bit more spent on durability and toughness.

Are you really kidding? You can blow out a knee stepping on a step wrong or anything. It just happens, these athletes put more stress on their bodies in the course of a year than many do in a life time. This is just something that happens and you have to roll with the punches.

I dont understand why this is really such a big deal anyways. Its not like he was a pro-bowl player last year. I will agree that he did show promise that he was going to be good but he hasn't really done anything yet. I hate to say it but look at the Pats last year. They didnt have any great CB's they just had good scheme's and good pressure on the QB.

Its not the end of the world people.

Nobody can argue that Poole is not a quality player who could have made an impact this season. It just sucks losing a player like that.

dolphingator said:
I cannot believe the mentality of this fan base. This whole fantasy of "defense first" has GOT to GO before we can even think about being over .500, much less be contenders. You win with IMPACT TALENT on offense, with PLAYMAKERS. You have to possess the ball, score points, and control the tempo of the game with your OFFENSE.

We are not on prime-time next year NOT because we were 4-12, but because we have a punchless popgun boring offense that has no playmaking stars that anyone north of Jupiter wants to watch. We and Tampa Bay both have the same kind of team and we are the only 2 teams shut out of prime-time. Because someone had the bright idea that it's cheaper to pay defense.

Defensive players are a dime a dozen out there. Losing Will Poole is not the end of civilization as we know it, folks! There are other players out there. You don't need defensive legends-in-their-own-mind eating up CAP SPACE that is needed for playmakers.

We will never see a playoff game again until Zach Thomas, or Jason Taylor, or BOTH, are gone and we can pay for a QB and WRs.

Time to hang up on the defense, folks. If defense wins championships, where are all those rings jimmah and wannabe won? Oh, that's right, 2/3rd of the time their teams didn't even MAKE the playoffs.

Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships. I agreee that you do need playmakers on offense, and our offense was horrible last year. But losing Poole is not a good thing. We will be fine, but it is not something to blow off, I actually think Poole is going to be a star.

Back
Top Bottom