TEN Threads crying about losing a CB... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEN Threads crying about losing a CB...

Shamboubou said:
Are you really kidding? You can blow out a knee stepping on a step wrong or anything. It just happens, these athletes put more stress on their bodies in the course of a year than many do in a life time. This is just something that happens and you have to roll with the punches.

I dont understand why this is really such a big deal anyways. Its not like he was a pro-bowl player last year. I will agree that he did show promise that he was going to be good but he hasn't really done anything yet. I hate to say it but look at the Pats last year. They didnt have any great CB's they just had good scheme's and good pressure on the QB.

Its not the end of the world people.

Yes, injuries like that can occur by simple daily actions. However this is a professional athlete that should be flexible and athletic enough to avoid this problem. Why is it that Jason Taylor, Barry Sanders, Richmond Webb even Patrick Surtain with is degenerative knee condition are able to avoid season ending injuries over years and players such as Poole cannot even make it out of minicamp? There is no excuse for a CB to blow himself up in a noncontact minicamp, afterall he doesn't weigh 270+ lbs.

If a player is not on the field he is without real value, plain and simple.

dolphingator said:
I cannot believe the mentality of this fan base. This whole fantasy of "defense first" has GOT to GO before we can even think about being over .500, much less be contenders. You win with IMPACT TALENT on offense, with PLAYMAKERS. You have to possess the ball, score points, and control the tempo of the game with your OFFENSE.

We are not on prime-time next year NOT because we were 4-12, but because we have a punchless popgun boring offense that has no playmaking stars that anyone north of Jupiter wants to watch. We and Tampa Bay both have the same kind of team and we are the only 2 teams shut out of prime-time. Because someone had the bright idea that it's cheaper to pay defense.

Defensive players are a dime a dozen out there. Losing Will Poole is not the end of civilization as we know it, folks! There are other players out there. You don't need defensive legends-in-their-own-mind eating up CAP SPACE that is needed for playmakers.

We will never see a playoff game again until Zach Thomas, or Jason Taylor, or BOTH, are gone and we can pay for a QB and WRs.

Time to hang up on the defense, folks. If defense wins championships, where are all those rings jimmah and wannabe won? Oh, that's right, 2/3rd of the time their teams didn't even MAKE the playoffs.

Defense wins Championships, it's been like that since the begining of Football. Where have you been ? Name me the last pure offensive team to win the SB, without a Top Rank Defense ?

Jimi said:
First of all we can have a saftey or LB on Watson so dont worry about tht.

And were supposed to be worried about Terrell whose been a hige bust, and tim dwight who hasnt been a even OK reciever in years??

EDIT: also we dont nessecarrily have to play man wit individual matchups on you...there is a defence called zone you know.

:roflmao: u guys dont know this guy, be n watson has wr speed and hes a monster te size wise.....

a safety or lb wont cover him......

Wagon Circler said:
you guys are pretty much doomed.

Hmm, this comes from a fan of a team that is 0-4 in superbowls.:roflmao:

its true that terrell hasnt been an all pro so far, but its amazing when so so players leave a team and they join the pats how they turn it around.....

not saying 100% it will with terrell but it sure is a distinct possiblity

on the contrary....the chiefs havent exactly gotten far on that philosephy

patsdynasty said:
its true that terrell hasnt been an all pro so far, but its amazing when so so players leave a team and they join the pats how they turn it around.....

not saying 100% it will with terrell but it sure is a distinct possiblity

Uh-oh! We had better start game planning for Doug Flutie! :shakeno:

What I'm honestly wondering is if Poole actually has a torn ACL. Have we gotten any official statement from the team yet? I know this may be filed under the "conspiracy theory" section but, honestly the way Saban has clamped down on the outflow of information, ESPECIALLY as they concern injuries, I don't know that I believe any reports like these until the team gives official word on it. Call it a conspiracy theory or whatever you want, but knowing Saban I wouldn't put it past him to take advantage of Poole having gotten injured to test out security leaks, and see what he can expect once the season begins as far as how long it takes for the media to find out about these injuries and with what kind of accuracy they find them. I'm not saying Poole is completely healthy, I think it is very likely he did indeed injure his knee. But, I think it's also possible Saban planted the rumor that he tore an ACL in order to find out who would or might be leaking information to the press.

not a bad theory CK....interesting, especially to do so at this point in the offseason. My only ? would be is why he wouldn't have tested this concept a little more before the draft which was more important then Poole.

dolphingator said:
I cannot believe the mentality of this fan base. This whole fantasy of "defense first" has GOT to GO before we can even think about being over .500, much less be contenders. You win with IMPACT TALENT on offense, with PLAYMAKERS. You have to possess the ball, score points, and control the tempo of the game with your OFFENSE.

We are not on prime-time next year NOT because we were 4-12, but because we have a punchless popgun boring offense that has no playmaking stars that anyone north of Jupiter wants to watch. We and Tampa Bay both have the same kind of team and we are the only 2 teams shut out of prime-time. Because someone had the bright idea that it's cheaper to pay defense.

Defensive players are a dime a dozen out there. Losing Will Poole is not the end of civilization as we know it, folks! There are other players out there. You don't need defensive legends-in-their-own-mind eating up CAP SPACE that is needed for playmakers.

We will never see a playoff game again until Zach Thomas, or Jason Taylor, or BOTH, are gone and we can pay for a QB and WRs.

Time to hang up on the defense, folks. If defense wins championships, where are all those rings jimmah and wannabe won? Oh, that's right, 2/3rd of the time their teams didn't even MAKE the playoffs.

"Losing Will Poole is not the end of civilization as we know it, folks!"

Yes...it isn't the end of civilization...but it could be the end of Poole's season...and maybe the end of his career. Believe it or not...losing Poole sucks big time. Your post is pretty fing stupid. I was really excited to see what Poole could do...I really felt like he would be the starter opposite Madison. Poole looked like he was going to be something special...this is a setback...and I can't believe you don't see it that way.

Go Fins!!!

Mr Fan said:
Yes, injuries like that can occur by simple daily actions. However this is a professional athlete that should be flexible and athletic enough to avoid this problem. Why is it that Jason Taylor, Barry Sanders, Richmond Webb even Patrick Surtain with is degenerative knee condition are able to avoid season ending injuries over years and players such as Poole cannot even make it out of minicamp? There is no excuse for a CB to blow himself up in a noncontact minicamp, afterall he doesn't weigh 270+ lbs.

If a player is not on the field he is without real value, plain and simple.

It doesnt matter who you are or what you do, an ACL is a ligament, which attaches bone to bone. There is really no way to make it stronger unless you can find a way to hyperexten you knee without tearing the ligament. Tendons are what you are working when you stretch which attach muscle to bone. These can be strenghtend. I worked in an ortho office for about 2 years so I have gotten to learn alot about this stuff.

Anything could have happend for him to tear his ACL, he could have stepped wrong and gotten pushed. Especially a CB that is working backwards and having to twist the knee a lot. I had a teammate tear his ACL right in half in the middle of a tennis match, a sport with a lot of twisting of the knee and direction changes. It just happens.

How come JT or Sanders or on and on dont tear their ACL, some people are made with much stronger ligaments. Other than that they are just pretty much lucky to not have been hitten from the side of the knee and it bend wrong, or twist it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom