Terrance Wilkins now a FA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrance Wilkins now a FA

we have no cap room and we would cut Rogers to sign Wilkins not OG IMO

Terreance Wilkins didnt live up to what he did in Indy with the Rams...personally Im happier with OG.

If Charles Rogers doesn't impress, its good to know there is another capable return man on the market, atleast for now......

We dont even have enough room under the cap to sign our draft picks why throw good money on Wilkins who did little to nothing in St-Louis last year. I think that if Rogers can stay out of problems we are fine with him, especially since their are rumors Travis Minor will have a bigger role on kick/Punt returns this year.

Interesting, because he had a hard time in St. Louis, doesn't mean he's no good, Our system may suit him. Besides, St. Louis had a lot more problems last year on O than him. At this point he'd have to take a vet. min..which means we would have to cut one..Hmmm, who could I think to cut..LOL.

Wilkins had documented run-ins with the Rams coaching staff last year. My guess is that they were over playing time. Do you think he'd really be a model citizen in a corps as crowded as ours?

Excellent return man. Terrible receiver. The Rams were the 2nd team to be disappointed in him. He was brought in to replace Az Hakim. Wilkins failed miserably.

Agreed, pass on this guy.

He wouldn't upgrade the position at all.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Interesting, because he had a hard time in St. Louis, doesn't mean he's no good, Our system may suit him. Besides, St. Louis had a lot more problems last year on O than him. At this point he'd have to take a vet. min..which means we would have to cut one..Hmmm, who could I think to cut..LOL.

:fire: :fire: :fire: Don't say it!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire:

I believe Miami wanted to go after Terrence Wilkins last year when he was a restricted FA with the Colts.. I may be wrong but thats what I remember.. Miami wanted him because of his retuirn ability and the speed factor he would bring to the WR position... Of course thoughts are different now this year, but maybe they do go after him.. He is a pretty good returner...I never was enamored with Charlie Rogers..

You're not wrong Rude, thats what makes this interesting. If this had happened prior to the Charlie Rogers signing, it probably would have been Wilkins we go after. Now, he'll probably sign with the Jets or somethin.

Personally I think as a receiver, speed is all he's got. The only thing he's capable of doing as a receiver is catching an EASY screen pass (not a difficult one) and then running with the ball in his hands on a designed route.

He's the opposite (small, speedy, bad hands) of what this system calls for (big, average speed, good hands). I mean this is a guy whose disappointing showing prompted the Rams to pry Troy Edwards from the Steelers.

I'm personally not all that convinced on him as a return man either, I know he is exciting and very very very fast, but he's never struck me as a good decision maker.

BTW what ever happened to Tony Horne? Does anyone remember him? He was the Rams KR/PR I believe the year they won the Super Bowl in 1999. I remember watching Dick Vermeil on Inside the NFL film footage one time goin up to Horne and just bein like "You know, you're making me look like a genius out here!"

I think the guy had a lot of TD returns...I also think he ended up with substance abuse problems and/or legal troubles. Interesting for the 'where are they now' file...he was like, the leagues best returner in 99.

Back
Top Bottom