Terrance Wilkins now a FA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrance Wilkins now a FA

FOUND HIM!!!

Evidently Vermeil still loves the guy. He has him on the roster in Kansas City even though Dante Hall is the man over there now. There's a lot to love about Horne though. He's had a KR of over 100 yards in every season that he managed to get playing time in...1998, 1999, and 2000.

In 1999 he averaged almost 30 yards per return.

I remember Tony Horne. He wss a breathtaking rreturn man. Too bad hes rotting away on the bench in KC.

As for Wilkins, I think the book on him is that hes not very bright, and had a difficult time learning the offense in St Louis.

Tony Horne was suspended at least once by the league for drugs. Vermeil signed him as a RFA back in 2001 and the Rams didn't match. But he got released in camp (Dante Hall beat him out).

Also, he hasn't been on any roster since.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
You're not wrong Rude, thats what makes this interesting. If this had happened prior to the Charlie Rogers signing, it probably would have been Wilkins we go after. Now, he'll probably sign with the Jets or somethin.

Personally I think as a receiver, speed is all he's got. The only thing he's capable of doing as a receiver is catching an EASY screen pass (not a difficult one) and then running with the ball in his hands on a designed route.

He's the opposite (small, speedy, bad hands) of what this system calls for (big, average speed, good hands). I mean this is a guy whose disappointing showing prompted the Rams to pry Troy Edwards from the Steelers.

I'm personally not all that convinced on him as a return man either, I know he is exciting and very very very fast, but he's never struck me as a good decision maker.

Pretty much what I was thinking when I saw this. Maybe the FO would think about cutting Rodgers to add speed at the KR & 4/5th WR spots, but I heard he had terrible hands ... & I think you can infer from the article that maybe he's <b>football dumb</b> & has trouble with the St. Louis system - which I heard was very complicated....

I'd love to see Wilkins land with the Jets. They've already got Santana Moss. So that would cause friction. And it would further weaken that receiving corps.

Haven't you guys had enough with us siging average to below average WRs?? I have Wilkins couldn't even make it in the Rams High Profile passing attack, how the hell is he going to unseat McKnight, Oronde, and or Thompson?? He wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom