Terrell Owens SPEAKS...on his website, about Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrell Owens SPEAKS...on his website, about Miami

TO is a dik. forget him ever coming here. all this rumour crap has everyone gong dizzy.

Originally posted by nick19991
what does he mean we are not a superbowl contender we are definitely a superbowl contender
Huh? How? We need a QB, WR, and FOUR offensive lineman. That's not what I would call a contender.

Also, unless we get Ramsey or (pipe dream) Peyton Manning, TO isn't going to sign here. He may come down here just to round out his tour of teams and drive up the asking price, but if you expect him to come here with a rookie QB or Fiedler...there's no way in hell he does that. Philly is beyond stupid if they don't snag him.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

Huh? How? We need a QB, WR, and FOUR offensive lineman. That's not what I would call a contender.

Also, unless we get Ramsey or (pipe dream) Peyton Manning, TO isn't going to sign here. He may come down here just to round out his tour of teams and drive up the asking price, but if you expect him to come here with a rookie QB or Fiedler...there's no way in hell he does that. Philly is beyond stupid if they don't snag him.

First of all we don't need or want TO. We are a super bowl contender because we have a great D and a great RB. We don't really need a better WR yes we could us one but don't need one and we do need a QB but our o-line is not as bad as every believes. Wade Smith had his learning year last year so he will be alot better. Jamie Nails is a good run blocker. The rest our our o-line could use some work but they could also use a QB that makes a D not blitz all of the time.

First of all we don't need or want TO. We are a super bowl contender because we have a great D and a great RB. We don't really need a better WR yes we could us one but don't need one and we do need a QB but our o-line is not as bad as every believes. Wade Smith had his learning year last year so he will be alot better. Jamie Nails is a good run blocker. The rest our our o-line could use some work but they could also use a QB that makes a D not blitz all of the time.
Our D has been overrated for so many years. What exactly makes our D great? They collapse at crucial times. Yes, I know they've carried us through must games, but they're not great as so many people continuously say.

Jamie Nails was a good run blocker. We have no idea if he will be again after the achillies rupture. We can't depend on him to come through like we have with Mark Dixon for so many years. Do you want Tim Ruddy starting again next year? I don't think so. I don't want McKinney at C either. Ruddy was injured all last year, and McKinney still couldn't beat him out, so what does that tell you about his abilities? Todd Perry didn't play well last year (although I think he could be formidable with good players around him), and Todd Wade might be gone in FA. That leaves (with Todd Wade gone) 4, or at the least, 3 gaping holes in our oline. Wade Smith will be fine.

As far as WR goes, yes we do need another legit WR. Chambers and McMichael can't do everything. If you don't have a decent #2 WR, the defense just doubles up on Chambers, and then you're stuck.

Ask Blitz Inc. To do it. He has him in an eagles uni, I'm sure he could do a dolphin one.

It's TO or bust... all the FA WR blow. Jackson can't catch, and Dennis is inconsistant. IF TO is on the roster, Miami has a chance. If not, we're screwed and might as well rebuild.

Originally posted by Section126
Somebody post a TO photoshop job of him in a fins uni over at his site.
:lol: He would get a kick out of that one. No way he comes to MIA unless we get Ramsey or one of our pipe dream wishes at QB IMHO.

ETA: Ramsey, Chambers, TO, Ricky, and McMichael???
Woah..um...I have to excuse myself....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolfan954

Our D has been overrated for so many years. What exactly makes our D great? They collapse at crucial times. Yes, I know they've carried us through must games, but they're not great as so many people continuously say.

Jamie Nails was a good run blocker. We have no idea if he will be again after the achillies rupture. We can't depend on him to come through like we have with Mark Dixon for so many years. Do you want Tim Ruddy starting again next year? I don't think so. I don't want McKinney at C either. Ruddy was injured all last year, and McKinney still couldn't beat him out, so what does that tell you about his abilities? Todd Perry didn't play well last year (although I think he could be formidable with good players around him), and Todd Wade might be gone in FA. That leaves (with Todd Wade gone) 4, or at the least, 3 gaping holes in our oline. Wade Smith will be fine.

As far as WR goes, yes we do need another legit WR. Chambers and McMichael can't do everything. If you don't have a decent #2 WR, the defense just doubles up on Chambers, and then you're stuck.

I think Derrius Thompson did good when he got the ball thrown to him which was close to never. Our D is great because no one can run on us and we can get alot of INTs. Our o-line will need some additions to it like Carey from UM. I think we do need another WR but there are more important issues like QB and o-line. The Panthers proved that you can get to the superbowl with a great D and a great RB.

I think Derrius Thompson did good when he got the ball thrown to him which was close to never. Our D is great because no one can run on us and we can get alot of INTs. Our o-line will need some additions to it like Carey from UM. I think we do need another WR but there are more important issues like QB and o-line. The Panthers proved that you can get to the superbowl with a great D and a great RB.
I agree with you. QB and OL are our top priorities. I would be happy to eat crow next year and see Derrius Thompson light it up next year, proving me wrong; however, IMHO,it's not smart to depend on him to produce after showing us nothing last year.

If you guys noticed their is a fan check in for these teams on the forum...Eagles, Ravens,Vikings,Falcons & Jets....since when did the Vikes enter the TO sweepstakes, heh, i think the Dolphins have come as close to TO as the Vikings have....And yet, we dont have a check in on there lol.

Lol at least you've got your priorities straight Noland.

In a weird way I almost think that Terrell Owens might be our only chance of winning it all in 2004. In general I just don't have a very optimistic view of the Phins chances to win the super bowl in 2004. I think that 2002 and 2003 were our windows of opportunity and we came closer than people realize but we still blew it. Now I believe we've got a defense that is either aging (Madison, Thomas, Taylor, Knight) or over the hill (Bowens, Marion, T-Buck, Seau), and even though I think our D is poised to do pretty well yet again I don't think they will be able to replicate their dominant performance of 2003...especially without Ogunleye.

Brunell was a good chance at fixing up the offense right now, to make them a real contender for top ten offense, which would offset the defense's decline, but we did lose out on Brunell and to be honest if we got him I think not only would our defense be a shambles within 2 years but our offense might be too because we need to think about QB of the future.

I just think in general that this is one of those years where doing whats best for the "team" does not include doing whats best for a possible super bowl run in 2004.

I would honestly like to stop the bleeding at the head right now by dumping Sam Madison and Brock Marion and replacing them with younger players that can end up better within a year or two. I would do my best to keep Adewale Ogunleye...and I would draft Phil Rivers or trade for Drew Henson, and we might even consider jettisoning Tim Bowens to make room for a younger guy that we can actually count on a year down the road because both Bowens and Zgonina are old and we don't have any young talent at DT waiting to take over. Our 3rd and 4th round picks would be huge for us...we would really need to turn them into some young talent to restock the defense, hopefully at safety (Bob Sanders anyone?) and DT (we'll see where Dwan Edwards and Lavalais go...) or CB (Ricardo Colclough would be a NICE project for Miami...all the physical tools and lots of recovery speed, a ball hawk, he just needs to learn the nuances of the position but he did improve every day at the senior bowl from the coaching they were giving him). From there I would go young in free agency with the offensive line, like Chad Clifton (4th year) who is very versatile and can play four different line positions.

Then sign a Billy Volek to compete with Sage Rosenfels for the start while Phil Rivers watches on...and strap in for a rough season. But I think within a year or two we'd be back in contention.

It's giving me a headache trying to read T.O.'s responses.

Tonight I'll ask him a question about the Fins.

Back
Top Bottom