Terrelle Smith Lobbies Against Rob Konrad?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrelle Smith Lobbies Against Rob Konrad??

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

You mean like when Bryan Cox said "Konrad couldn't block his way out of a paper bag"?

When I get my football analysis from Brian Cox, I'll be worried. If you recall, Cox made those statements when Conrad was having a great first half and was being considered for the probowl and Cox was defending the fullback on his team.

Just look at the tape. Conrad is not going to fool anyone into thinking he is a blocking fullback, but he works hard at blocking and rarely misses an assignment. You don't have to pancake the opponent to make a good block.

With the way the O-line played and the number of carries RW had how could you possibly judge the way the FB blocked?????????????????????????? Let's wait and see how Konrad handles the guy he's supposed to be responsible for blocking instead of trying to block a wave. One needs to look no further than some of these reports to see why NO had the problems they did last year. They don't lack for mouths looking for a reeporter, they seem more concerned with the play of others then their own and they have a coach that can't whip these guys into a team.

First, who the F*ck is Terrelle Smith? How much better is he than Konrad?

I think that some of you guys are giving this guy too much credit and over analyzing this.
You want another possibility? Maybe T Smith is a homosexual and has a love interest for Ricky. He wants to be the guy that Ricky lines up behind in the I formation.

Bottom line is I don't think the guy has enough of a rep to have a newspaper to print anything in bold letters. We as fans know more about Konrad than he does.

Terrelle is a top=5 blocking FB in this league and may be the most punisihing blocker there is.

I think he'd know more about Konrad than us because he's played against him and I for one, will never see a NFL field in a game.

But yes, Konrad and Dyer will be fine.

Yes Terrelle Smith is a very punishing blocker but he's also in a very unique position to kind of have a sense of what kind of blocking a fullback needs to be doing out there in order to Ricky to be effective.

This is not like when Bryan Cox said Konrad can't block his way out of a paper bag. Very different because Cox was personally going up against Konrad on the field. That could easily be called smack talk.

Whereas Terrelle Smith apparently has absolutely no motive to start taking pot shots at Konrad. In fact if anything, all of the Saints out there are rooting for Ricky to run for as many yards as he can because that gives them a better pick in the draft. In what context did Smith bring this up? What alterior motive could he possibly have? Why would he need to talk smack about Rob Konrad? If anything Terrelle Smith should be talkin smack about the linebackers saying "(Insert name) is one easy mofo to block. He'd better get a little stronger there he's weak."

Originally posted by DNY
With the way the O-line played and the number of carries RW had how could you possibly judge the way the FB blocked??????????????????????????

We have had a few years to see how Conrad blocks. I think he does a decent job. Not exceptional, but decent. If he becomes a receiving threat in Norv's offense and we begin moving the ball no one is going to talk about his blocking.

Say what you will, but I think it's time for a change. I hope they play both Konrad and Dyer tomarrow and see who blocks better for Ricky. My guess is that Dyer will. I also think that Dyer can catch okay and loves to punish the CB's when he has the ball.

:) :) :)

Originally posted by SWS84
Say what you will, but I think it's time for a change. I hope they play both Konrad and Dyer tomarrow and see who blocks better for Ricky. My guess is that Dyer will. I also think that Dyer can catch okay and loves to punish the CB's when he has the ball.

:) :) :)

I'm all for putting the best players on the field. If Dyer shows that he can block AND catch better than Rob, start him. But if I were a gambling man I'd bet that the often maligned Rob Conrad will line up behind Fiedler on openning day. I think Rob can play, and if I'm wrong we'll see pretty soon. :cry:

Rob can play and he will play because he gives Norv the kind of option that Deon Dyer does not. Deon gets too excited during games leading to lapses in concentration (catching the ball...missing the right block).

However it might be a valid point that Konrad does not have the power that RICKY needs, not necessarily Norv. We've already made an OL move that was made obviously to increase our run blocking potential (Nails the devastating run blocker playing over Dixon the finesser, and Dixon the offensive guard who's use to moving 300 lbs tackles moving to tackle to square off against 260lbs DEs and 240lbs LBs).

No matter what Norv has to run the ball effectively to set up his offense. If its clear that Dyer's the better run blocker, and its clear that we're not getting the job done running the ball...Dyer will start sooner, rather than later. Norv will just funnel those FB catches over toward Ricky's direction.

This surprises me. T-Rex doesn't speak to the media that often.

New orleans is stil glowing after thier PRESEASON win against a team with no practice or a game plan ! They will be at the bottom of the league once the real season starts...Dyer is working very hard on cathing and has improved dramticaly...no one mentions this ...I agree that sine this guy didnt play AGAINST konrad he has no idea how good he is ...but may have some insight into how ricky likes to set up his blocks...If it was up to me it would be dyer except in obvious passing downs ..Dyer is a very effective run blocker <i have seen him blow mf'ers up let him crack the line for Ricky and konrad can come in on long third downs .Femi is still an unknown commodity....///

Glowing? Nah. I mean, it wasn't like we had a gameplan for you guys.

But T-Rex is right. Ricky needs a fullback. He got pummeled in '99 without one.

Not that I claim to know a dang thing about your fullback situation.

Yea glowing ..face it ...you guys wanted to beat rickys new team bad ..and you did ...enjoy it because I think you all are in trouble this year.

Back
Top Bottom