Texans LT to get plenty of help Sunday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans LT to get plenty of help Sunday

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
"The Dolphins traditionally rank among the top 10 in total defense each year. They don't try to trick teams with blitzes, but use the philosophy "our front seven are better than your front seven," Pitts said.

For that reason, Pitts does not expect to be alone in blocking Taylor on Sunday.

"He's going to have his hands full," Texans center Steve McKinney said. "He's got a challenge over there. We'll definitely do some things to help him out. We're not just going to leave him on an island the whole game.""

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/2079264

This is the second article in two days in the Houston paper mentioning the "our front seven are better than your front seven," thing. I wonder how many of the new defensive wrinkles we'll see this week? Or do we rely on the fact that our front seven IS significantly better than their front seven, and save the wrinkles for the Jesters the next week? Either way Carr is probably gonna be looking out of the earhole of his helmet quite a bit on Sunday. Five or six sacks sounds about right.

Anyway will move Taylor to prevent him being double teammed all game long.

And if they double team him, it will open some lanes for Seau.

SHould we even waste wrinkles on the TExans? I think we can line up our 7 and whip them w/o tipping our hand to the other teams on our schedule.

I suggest the Phins start the first half "Wrinkle-Free"... If the game in hand by the second half then stay "wrinkle-free"... If its too close or we are behind then I say Wrinkle Man! Wrinkle!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds familiar

I can remember the Steeler fans last year saying the same things you guys are saying right now.:)

There was no way in hell the Texans could beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Well like they saying goes "Any given Sunday"...

But seriously, don't you think Wanndstedt is probably aware of what happened to the steelers last year? Certainly he will prepare the team properly... I doubt VERY seriously if the Dolphins are looking past this game...

Every LT that faces JT will get plenty of help...that is one of the main reasons the Pats beat us: they made the other 3 guys step up and get to Brady and they could not.

This is the second article in two days in the Houston paper mentioning the "our front seven are better than your front seven," thing. I wonder how many of the new defensive wrinkles we'll see this week? Or do we rely on the fact that our front seven IS significantly better than their front seven, and save the wrinkles for the Jesters the next week? Either way Carr is probably gonna be looking out of the earhole of his helmet quite a bit on Sunday. Five or six sacks sounds about right. [/B][/QUOTE]

this is why texas is in for a surprise. they are going on that mentality of the media. they dont realize that our defensive scheme was really more than just that last year and that this year the coverage and the blitzing will be so much different. and even if it was the 7 on 7 deal, what in there arsenal makes you go, "wow, there seven are real good"?

another thought here is that guys like ogun and jay williams might have some big holes opened up for them to make plays. i can see jay williams making a big impression this year.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Every LT that faces JT will get plenty of help...that is one of the main reasons the Pats beat us: they made the other 3 guys step up and get to Brady and they could not.

That, and JT had a nice groin injury. ;)

One thing we KNOW we'll see is the Seau play we've seen in preseason. The one where JT lines up very wide and Seau lines up over the LT. The LT has to engage Seau....leaving JT unblocked (or against a RB) to wreak havoc. :D

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I heard Wannsted will suspend a Lobster cage in the dressing room...
:chuckle:

Haha I remember that last year.... some of the players didnt even know what the hell it was..

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Well like they saying goes "Any given Sunday"...

But seriously, don't you think Wanndstedt is probably aware of what happened to the steelers last year? Certainly he will prepare the team properly... I doubt VERY seriously if the Dolphins are looking past this game...

Isn't he also aware of the repeated end of season collapses and what has he done to prevent them? :foundout:

Never look past an opponent in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom