Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3) | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans trading for Tunsil and Stills (Merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not going to be a very good team this year however, I am excited to see how we play. Being this young a team there will be plenty of mistakes however, the enthusiasm and energy should be fun to watch. Sound fundamentals and discipline should be marketable better than we have seen in awhile. I think we will be somewhat competitive in more game than people think but losing most of the close games. Establishing the foundation of smart, physical football can really propel this team to improve quickly when adding future talent. This reminds me a lot of Jimmy Johnsons first year with the Cowboys. I think that team went 1-15 but two years later they were in the super bowl. (I think)!

I think they could for R.Jones.
His contract must be silly and the only reason they haven't been able to trade him.

I'd love to have a heart to heart with Reshad and find out how HE truly feels about what's going on. Same with John Denney. They've both been part of this team for a long time, stumbling around in mediocrity or worse.

If you say so. Look at our draft history it’s not on our side and the picks we did nail we ended up trading or letting those players.

It has been mentioned numerous times before, but if we can't draft moving forward we're screwed anyways. BTW, one of the reasons we've struggled with drafting is that we've rarely had a surplus of picks. Also, our FA signings haven't exactly been top notch nor has our trading. The majority of our good talent has come through the draft.

Those of you who insisted the team isn't tanking and that this season is more than a vehicle for acquiring draft capital and dumping salary, do you still feel that way?

Maybe it's time to consider psychiatric evaluation?
Jmo, I think the right term for what we’re doing is proper rebuild, cleaning the cap, collecting assets to set the team up for the future..

The front office has a responsibility to do those things, the staff will now coach what players they have hard, and to win each game..

Jmo, I think the right term for what we’re doing is proper rebuild, cleaning the cap, collecting assets to set the team up for the future..

The front office has a responsibility to do those things, the staff will now coach what players they have hard, and to win each game..

I'm not convinced they're still looking for a QB. I mean a good team should always be looking I guess but that doesn't mean it's prioritized. There are so many holes on the roster.

The post I loved the most was ‘we traded a potential all pro lineman for only two 1sts and a 2nd.’ Considering an actual all-pie OL might not be worth that, what’s the problem?

2020, if correct

2020 1st-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 1st-round pick (HOU)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 2nd-round pick (NO)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 3rd-round pick (Comp – Ja’Wuan James)
– 2020 4th-round pick (MIA or TEN)
– 2020 5th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 5th-round pick (Comp – Cam Wake)
– 2020 6th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 6th-round pick (DAL)
– 2020 7th-round pick (MIA)
– 2020 7th-round pick (KC)

??
We gave AZ our 5th. A 7th and probably a 6th went in the OL trades the other day.

After seeing Jacksonville's defense, I'd say Jax is the division favorite. As we saw here in Miami, Tunsil alone can't block for the rest of the O line in Houston. Watson got murdered last year. And 2/3 of the Saks came from up the gut or the weak side.

Houston will not make the playoffs this year....

Tunsil didn't choose to go to Houston. Houston chose to offer the farm for him, and Miami took the tractor, the barn, the fields, AND the ugly wife.

Fleeced without lube.

Houston became a 6 win team this year, in 4 hours.

Miami became a solid playoff contender in 2021, in five minutes.

None of the negative a-holes on here know what to do because this FO is doing it right for a change.

Ahhhhh! Panic! The Fins did good! The Fins did good! We can't have THAT!

S
M
H
Well said finally someone who gets it. All the complainers are main stream fans and do not understand football.

Well, I'd say he's already top 5 in the league at his position. That is essentially elite. We'll have to see how it plays out. Getting that quarterback is job #1 and this sets the team up to get that #1 overall pick, or to trade up.

Top 5 at the position never making a pro bowl or first team all pro? Nope I don’t think so.

??
We gave AZ our 5th. A 7th and probably a 6th went in the OL trades the other day.

Here is what Yates has, but again if correct.... not sure so.

Looks like neither has the 6th that went to zona included

Top 5 at the position never making a pro bowl or first team all pro? Nope I don’t think so.
Tunsil has been selected to the pro bowl and was a first team all pro. I can't name five LT's that I'd rather have. Can you?

Athlon Sports ranked the top 20 tackles back in June; Tunsil was 11th. Pro football weekly ranked the top ten tackles in June; Tunsil was not on the list.

There has never been an offensive lineman traded for two first rounds before this trade.....you have to think you are getting someone as valuable at an OL position as Khalil Mack was at LB for the trade to make sense from a Texans standpoint. He isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom