Texas #1 in BCS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas #1 in BCS

yeah but who cares who's #1 or #2? the people who have the beef should be tech fans, alabama fans, ucla fans, etc. a texas fan has no reason to be upset

SpeedRush99 said:
Yeah really how does that happen? Their schedule is crap.

*cough* So is USC's *cough*

I guess the computers believe that Texas' quality of victories is better than USC's. If you break down all the "important" games, well it does add up.

Dont worry though, once USC knocks off UCLA they will jump back into first. This should only be a few weeks run for Texas. Remember, the BCS judge how well a team has played UP TO THIS POINT in the season.

USC should be on top by seasons end.

let's see, USC has played road games at oregon, arizona state, notre dame, and will play another one on the road at cal. 4 road games against ranked teams is anything but an easy schedule. they end the season with fresno state and ucla at home, both ranked. easy schedule? please

kastofsna120 said:
well it doesn't really matter who's #1. still, it's pretty comical to imagine how much texas would lose to USC

I dont think USC beats them badly if at all. Texas has a good defense and can put points on the board. USC has a very suspect defense, as long as UT can score w/ them they have a shot. Only crappy thing is USC will have homefield advantage in the Rose Bowl

USC's schedule is not crap. The computers, mainly two of them, F'd up by ranking USC 4th in one & 5th in another. Texas just has two big victories over #12 Ohio St & #17 Texas Tech & USC has beaten #10 Notre Dame & #14 Oregon. Last time I checked 10 & 14 are better than 12 & 17.

USC would roll over Texas...they can't stop Leinart and Bush.

Roman529 said:
USC would roll over Texas...they can't stop Leinart and Bush.

If Notre Dame can contain Leinart, plus he didnt throw for a TD 2 weeks before against Arizona St I believe, then Texas can. The USC team I watch every week can be beaten.

DonShula84 said:
If Notre Dame can contain Leinart, plus he didnt throw for a TD against Arizona I believe, then Texas can. The USC team I watch every week can be beaten.
leinart was 26-40 for 260 yards and 2 TDs and an INT against arizona

Buddwalk said:
again getting ****y...i said my bad wasnt that enough ;)

The reason i thought other wise is cause SI.com said they moved up in the AP only...My bad though man

USC fans are always ****y

They have bandwaggon written all over em.

And before you go and say Im just saying this cause OU sux (which they do) and u guys killed us, me and my dad said 3 years ago that all teh UCLA fans will jump over to USC cause we knew USC was creepin up there gettin rdy to be good.

FinFan90 said:
USC fans are always ****y

They have bandwaggon written all over em.

And before you go and say Im just saying this cause OU sux (which they do) and u guys killed us, me and my dad said 3 years ago that all teh UCLA fans will jump over to USC cause we knew USC was creepin up there gettin rdy to be good.

True im a UM fan...Im hoping Kyle Wright comes up huge against Vtech

SMadison29 said:
USC's schedule is not crap. The computers, mainly two of them, F'd up by ranking USC 4th in one & 5th in another. Texas just has two big victories over #12 Ohio St & #17 Texas Tech & USC has beaten #10 Notre Dame & #14 Oregon. Last time I checked 10 & 14 are better than 12 & 17.

You fail to mention that when Texas played OSU they were #4 and TTU was number 10. When USC played Notre Dame and Oregon they were #9 and #18 I believe. Last I checked, 4 + 10 was better than 9 + 18. Your rebuttal.

HysterikiLL said:
You fail to mention that when Texas played OSU they were #4 and TTU was number 10. When USC played Notre Dame and Oregon they were #9 and #18 I believe. Last I checked, 4 + 10 was better than 9 + 18. Your rebuttal.
yeah, but where are they ranked now? who cares where they were ranked then, pittsburgh was ranked at one point, and michigan was in the top 10

HysterikiLL said:

Actually man Texas Tech was #10 based on the fact that they played crappy teams they werent as good as the #10 rating and OSU was actually a real good win. Oregon for usc was a good win as well and Notre Dame right now could be undefeated but they lost to michigan state who they could of beat and usc who they should of beat. BCS is just tired of seeing usc at #1 so they put texas there for a week...i doubt texas is still no. 1 in a week or so.

kastofsna120 said:
yeah, but where are they ranked now? who cares where they were ranked then, pittsburgh was ranked at one point, and michigan was in the top 10

So was Oklahoma :D

BOOMER SOONER!

Back
Top Bottom