Texas @ Oklahoma State | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas @ Oklahoma State

Any thoughts on where this game puts Texas in the rankings? (Assuming they win) Have they strugled badly as a team or has Young just played badly?

dolphan117 said:
Any thoughts on where this game puts Texas in the rankings? (Assuming they win) Have they strugled badly as a team or has Young just played badly?
nah they'll still be #2 in all the polls. and they'll be back at #2 in the BCS

ether79 said:
Just wondering..do you believe he could make it as a QB in the NFL??

I believe he can make it, I believe he will make it but do I believe he's ready? Heck no. People hype him up, people tear him down but I've talked to Vince and I KNOW the only guy who cares is Vince himself. He has that ability to shut everyone out and get his own job done. I think that he'll need next year in the college game to improve on his passing. He's improved since last season and his progression will be a process.

Vince has that intangible quality that people like Michael Vick have. Sure, he has his flaws but he wins, period. At the end of the day, that's the only statistic that matters.

kastofsna120 said:
ken dorsey, david greene, jason white

all "winners"

Um..Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Carson Palmer..

Also all "winners"

I know it's your god given duty to automatically crap on anything anyone says and disagree with anything said but what exactly is your point? Dorsey, Greene and White were all products of a system. My point was that the system revolves around Young like it does around Vick.

HysterikiLL said:
Um..Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Carson Palmer..

Also all "winners"

I know it's your god given duty to automatically crap on anything anyone says and disagree with anything said but what exactly is your point? Dorsey, Greene and White were all products of a system. My point was that the system revolves around Young like it does around Vick.
becuase young is nowhere near manning, mcnabb, or palmer. that's why i lump him in with the other guys

young isn't even the most talented player on his offense, unlike with vick in college

Oklahoma State was looking good but Texas came back like you knew they would. I think USC should be #1 in the BCS until they lose.

Dorsey, Greene and White were all products of a system. My point was that the system revolves around Young like it does around Vick.

Their system had little to do with it. They're products of being smart with the football & getting the ball to the talent around them. "Product of the system" QBs are the ones that play in spread offenses that make them look like stars when they're really a joke, ala Alex Smith, Tim Couch, Kliff Kingsbury, Omar Jacobs, Josh Harris, Andre Ware, Ryan Dinwiddie, Cody Hodges... I wouldn't lump Vince in either of those categories. I'd stick him with Kordell Stewart, Antwan Randle El, & Tommie Frazier. All of them won big games & all of them were great college players that received high accolades. They were run first QBs that could pass with the worst of them. Michael Vick probably deserves to be lumped in there with them but he's probably the fastest & most agile player in the NFL so it works.

kastofsna120 , they had the "immaculate catch" as the #1 play last night, they have the VY run now...but for awhile "your" featured play was number one ! thanks again for posting it.

cnc66 said:
kastofsna120 , they had the "immaculate catch" as the #1 play last night, they have the VY run now...but for awhile "your" featured play was number one ! thanks again for posting it.
i'm surprised they didn't have the ginn KR as the #1 play. :rolleyes: he's done nothing all year and he gets a return running through gaping holes and all of sudden "he's back!" hester slays him easily

kastofsna120 said:
i'm surprised they didn't have the ginn KR as the #1 play. :rolleyes: he's done nothing all year and he gets a return running through gaping holes and all of sudden "he's back!" hester slays him easily
Well I know that Ginn is one of those rediculously overrated players, but anyone that watched that return has to be amazed by the speed. He looks like he's jogging but he's running by guys that are running the same way. Too bad all he can do is run. He needs some serious work on his route running and catching before he becomes anything more than the fastest guy in the nation.

Back
Top Bottom