Texas Private Workout Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas Private Workout Day

Dredd1050

A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS
Reaction score
Anyone know how Huff and Young looked?

Vince Young ran a 4.57 but did not do the vertical or long jumps. He was measured at 6-foot-4 5/8 and 228 lbs. He started 7-for-7 in the throwing drill.

Cedric Griffin and Michael Huff did not run today because they ran at the combine. Griffin had a 35" vertical jump.

Nick Saban and Randy Mueller are attending the workout.

Also, Will Allen and Jon Scott measured pretty good. Keep an eye out for David Thomas too.

David Thomas is a good player but will not be on Miami's draft board because we don't need a first-day tight end this year.

I agree. I meant look out for Thomas in general, not Miami specifically.

Young's passing workout was apparently pretty mediocre. He was late on his passes, missed receivers and threw one deep ball.

I'm sorry, but this is an awful day for Young. Awful. For someone who is supposed to have game changing athleticism, he's not shown it here.

So apparently Young didn't plan to run the 40 UNTIL he was pressured into it.

Who the hell does this guy think he is?

Footballs Future said:
NFL.com reports Vince Young ran the 40 in 4.57. He didn't do the vertical or long jumps. 150 NFL personnel representing 31 NFL teams watched the workouts. During Young's throwing drill he threw from under center as opposed to out of the shotgun. He showed good arm strength, a quick delivery and accuracy during his 40-minute workout.
I think he is faster than 4.57, though that in itself is pretty decent.

Texas pro day times are usually slower than the combine times for memory. Maybe that's why Huff and Griffin decided not to run? I remember Ricky and Benson 2 huge prospects out of college both ran poorer than expected with mid 4.5's

Young is so gonna fall out of the top few picks. I think Oakland is getting closer to drafting him everyday

From TFY:

"While the internet world is abuzz about Vince Young's workout this afternoon sources have told us the point of view in the scouting community is mixed and many are not happy.

Young's arm-strength was impressive, but no one though it would not be.

The problem was Jerry Rhome, who ran Young's workout, made sure it was very Vince Young friendly and sanitized the workout. Scouts walked away with almost as many questions as they came with since the workout was not based on the usual NFL routine run at the combine. The fact Young threw a very limited number of downfield passes had scouts miffed.

Factor in Young was working with a pair of slow receivers, one who was Idaho junior Daniel Smith who barely broke 4.65-seconds during his pro-day workout, and scouts are not convinced Young is worth a top seven pick.

As we stated earlier, Norm Chow of the Titans will work Young out tomorrow, bringing in his own receivers, the Houston Texans are scheduled to individually workout Young this weekend and the Jets will follow suit on Monday.

One player who received a lot of positive comments for his terrific workout was tight end David Thomas, who put on a pass catching clinic."

Young will go in round 1, but he shouldn't. He's not a 1st round QB.

Back
Top Bottom