Texas Private Workout Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texas Private Workout Day

So he hit 7 of 7 passes but threw poorly? Im a little lost on this? Everyone around here seemed to be questioning his arm strength, and it impressed, but yet that was something everyone expected?

Im a little confused by all this

I found it interesting that BOTH Saban and Mueller were there....

jbond said:
I found it interesting that BOTH Saban and Mueller were there....

As did I

Unless they are close friends with someone in texas, the only other possibility I see is that they REALLY like a certain player there...who im not sure

Alex22 said:
As did I

Unless they are close friends with someone in texas, the only other possibility I see is that they REALLY like a certain player there...who im not sure
I think you forgot that Texas has a safety other than Huff and a DT that may be of interest.
Cedric Griffin 6' 1/4" 202 who did the short shuttle in 3.97 with a 35-inch vertical.
Rodrique Wright 6' 4 3/4" 303 ran the short shuttle in 4.47

Boomer said:
I'm sorry, but this is an awful day for Young. Awful. For someone who is supposed to have game changing athleticism, he's not shown it here.

I'm sorry Boomer but I have to disagree. I don't see how it was 'awful'. His 40 was reasonably irrelevant as speed isn't his greatest scrambling quality His evasiveness and agility are much more evident, and we've seen how he can move. Word around campus is that he threw 45/50. The balls they asked him to throw were pretty simple routes and no complex drops. He'll perform a lot more different drop and pattern sets for private workouts, but you can't discredit a guy for doing what was asked of him. Mobility wise, he looked a little rusty, a little apprehensive for some reason, but after being out of a spotlight like this since the National Championship will do that. After about 20 balls, he eased into his style. I'd like to know what you saw that I apparently didn't that warrants such a claim as 'awful' :confused:

Boomer said:
Young will go in round 1, but he shouldn't. He's not a 1st round QB.

Again, a little lost. If a guy goes in the 1st round, how is he not a 1st round QB?? :confused: :confused: :confused: If 'x' sells for 'y', than 'y' is the value of 'x'. 'z' isn't the value of 'x', because that's not what was paid for it. 'y' is what was paid for it, therefore it is worth exactly that.

Alex22 said:
As did I

I believe Nick Saban had an interview with Will Allen at the Senior Bowl. I though Allen had a pretty good Senior Bowl, and I'd love to have him.

Alex22 said:
So he hit 7 of 7 passes but threw poorly? Im a little lost on this? Everyone around here seemed to be questioning his arm strength, and it impressed, but yet that was something everyone expected?

Im a little confused by all this

Well the 7 for 7 is nothing. If he ran simple routes with Slow WR its not hard to go 7 of 7. Only 1 deep ball? Does that not concern you at all? I mean he ran a 4.57 and thats bad for Vince Young. His stock just dropped. I actually think his stock needs to drop. If he is drafted by a good team they will develope him correctly while not trying to rush him.

Skeet84 said:
Well the 7 for 7 is nothing. If he ran simple routes with Slow WR its not hard to go 7 of 7. Only 1 deep ball? Does that not concern you at all? I mean he ran a 4.57 and thats bad for Vince Young. His stock just dropped. I actually think his stock needs to drop. If he is drafted by a good team they will develope him correctly while not trying to rush him.

Thats about what I expected him to run, at fastest I expected a 4.49 or so

Boomer said his arm strength impressed, and he doesnt get to pick the recievers he throws to, or the routes he throws so im not sure we can hold that against him, slow recievers throw the timing off some so if anything that may have hurt if he dropped back fast and it looked like he was just standing there because the recievers were to slow and not into the route yet

Anyway I didnt actually SEE what happend so I cant really say

Alex22 said:
Thats about what I expected him to run, at fastest I expected a 4.49 or so

Boomer said his arm strength impressed, and he doesnt get to pick the recievers he throws to, or the routes he throws so im not sure we can hold that against him, slow recievers throw the timing off some so if anything that may have hurt if he dropped back fast and it looked like he was just standing there because the recievers were to slow and not into the route yet

Anyway I didnt actually SEE what happend so I cant really say

The guy training him picks the routes and all so Vince had some say over it and it was Very " Vince Friendly ", but you are right we did not see what happened.

HysterikiLL said:
I'm sorry Boomer but I have to disagree. I don't see how it was 'awful'. His 40 was reasonably irrelevant as speed isn't his greatest scrambling quality His evasiveness and agility are much more evident, and we've seen how he can move. Word around campus is that he threw 45/50. The balls they asked him to throw were pretty simple routes and no complex drops. He'll perform a lot more different drop and pattern sets for private workouts, but you can't discredit a guy for doing what was asked of him. Mobility wise, he looked a little rusty, a little apprehensive for some reason, but after being out of a spotlight like this since the National Championship will do that. After about 20 balls, he eased into his style. I'd like to know what you saw that I apparently didn't that warrants such a claim as 'awful' :confused:

We've been sold Vince Young as the next uber-athlete, the most ridiculously athletic force, the QB that will change the face of the NFL. The guy runs riot in the Rose Bowl, all well and good. From that point till this, he has summarily failed to keep up his end in terms of the process that involves drafting a player. He's blown out pre-arranged meetings with sponsors without nary a phone call to apologise, he's refused to workout, he's refused to run at his own Pro Day until pressured into it, he's been disappointing in interviews, he scored a 6 in his test, confirming just how mentally challenged he is. This is a QB who has had the UT offense tailored, not to fit his playing style, but to fit his MENTAL one in that he can't grasp complicated systems.

He shows up at his Pro Day, runs a slowish time compared to what we've been told and then does a very mediocre lift and jump. When it comes to throwing drills, people were WALKING away because of the way that the session was structured and that he simply wasn't doing the throws that people expected him to do. Jerry Rhome controlled everything, there was ONE deep route (incomplete). He's now had 2 chances to show the doubters something and he hasn't. Considering the hype and the fact that people have been talking him up as a number 1 pick, to me that's pretty awful. If I'm investing all that money and time in a high pick, I want someone like AJ Hawk.....class from 1st minute to last and when it comes to working out, he does it and he does it well.

Why did he look rusty? I mean that's an UNBELIEVABLE excuse. For 4 months of your life, you are on a job interview. You make DAMN sure that after excuse after excuse that when it comes to your pro day, your one chance, you damn well don't show up rusty. You show up DRIPPING with athleticism.

HysterikiLL said:
Again, a little lost. If a guy goes in the 1st round, how is he not a 1st round QB?? :confused: :confused: :confused: If 'x' sells for 'y', than 'y' is the value of 'x'. 'z' isn't the value of 'x', because that's not what was paid for it. 'y' is what was paid for it, therefore it is worth exactly that.

Teams pick players every year that aren't first round picks. They reach for players. Vince Young has had TWO huge chances to show he is a first round passer and he hasn't. I've said for ages that he could easily be available at 16. He could easily be available at 36 as well. Your literal explaination is well noted, but I don't buy it.

Boomer said:
We've been sold Vince Young as the next uber-athlete, the most ridiculously athletic force, the QB that will change the face of the NFL. The guy runs riot in the Rose Bowl, all well and good. From that point till this, he has summarily failed to keep up his end in terms of the process that involves drafting a player. He's blown out pre-arranged meetings with sponsors without nary a phone call to apologise, he's refused to workout, he's refused to run at his own Pro Day until pressured into it, he's been disappointing in interviews, he scored a 6 in his test, confirming just how mentally challenged he is. This is a QB who has had the UT offense tailored, not to fit his playing style, but to fit his MENTAL one in that he can't grasp complicated systems.

He shows up at his Pro Day, runs a slowish time compared to what we've been told and then does a very mediocre lift and jump. When it comes to throwing drills, people were WALKING away because of the way that the session was structured and that he simply wasn't doing the throws that people expected him to do. Jerry Rhome controlled everything, there was ONE deep route (incomplete). He's now had 2 chances to show the doubters something and he hasn't. Considering the hype and the fact that people have been talking him up as a number 1 pick, to me that's pretty awful. If I'm investing all that money and time in a high pick, I want someone like AJ Hawk.....class from 1st minute to last and when it comes to working out, he does it and he does it well.

Why did he look rusty? I mean that's an UNBELIEVABLE excuse. For 4 months of your life, you are on a job interview. You make DAMN sure that after excuse after excuse that when it comes to your pro day, your one chance, you damn well don't show up rusty. You show up DRIPPING with athleticism.

Ouch! Its sad to say, But alot of this is true. Him being rusty should be the last excuse cause he should have been working out since the time he decided to enter the draft.

Boomer said:
Teams pick players every year that aren't first round picks. They reach for players. Vince Young has had TWO huge chances to show he is a first round passer and he hasn't. I've said for ages that he could easily be available at 16. He could easily be available at 36 as well. Your literal explaination is well noted, but I don't buy it.

This is true a team will reach for someone if they believe enough in him. There have been so many cases where people reach and while some are good some are Bad.

Skeet84 said:
Ouch! Its sad to say, But alot of this is true. Him being rusty should be the last excuse cause he should have been working out since the time he decided to enter the draft.

According to Mike and Mike in the morning *however reliable that is*

He completed 49 of 54 throws, what kind of throws they were I dont know, everyone knows he hired a terrible agent, who has done nothing but hurt Vince the entire time, of course Vince chose him so in all actuality its still his fault I suppose

I never heard him say he was rusty, and people are running with it like he is making excuses or something, which to my knowledge he isnt

Guys have off days sometimes or whatever, untill he and every other QB takes a snap in the NFL none of this matters

Back
Top Bottom