Thank God we didn't draft Jonathan Taylor (RB sensation for the Indianapolis Colts with over 1,200 yards). | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank God we didn't draft Jonathan Taylor (RB sensation for the Indianapolis Colts with over 1,200 yards).

Hear me out. I was so bummed out when we passed on Jonathan Taylor at the bottom of the first round for Igbinoghene. I was already unhappy with the firing of O'Shea and the hiring of Chan Gailey. And I knew from years of watching (suffering through) Chan Gailey offenses that the ONLY WAY his offense really works is with a strong offensive line and a bruising RB... just... like... Jonathan Taylor. Soooooo... if we HAD picked Jonathan Taylor... guess what? We'd be in the playoffs right now at either 11-5 or maybe even 12-4. And we would be STUCK with Chan Gailey for who knows how many more years.

I'm all about ripping the band-aid off and moving on. It sucks that we wasted a 1st round pick on a CB that - from the looks of it - will take another year or two to work out IF AT ALL. Stupid pick, frankly. And it sucks even more seeing Jonathan Taylor being Jonathan Taylor and kicking arse like so many of us knew he would... for another team.

But whatever. If this was the price we had to pay to be rid of Chan Gailey... so be it. Let's hope Grier and Flo have the humility to learn from their mistakes and do better next time. Hire better. And draft better. Quit getting "clever". When it's a no-brainer it's a no-brainer. NOT hiring Chan Gailey was a no-brainer. Drafting Jonathan Taylor was a no-brainer. Quit over-thinking things.

Finally, O'Shea, in case anybody cares to know, is in the playoffs with Cleveland after helping them become one of the top passing teams and top offenses in the NFL. I love a lot of what Brian Flores has done so far... but I'm not a homer... the missteps outlined here (above) were just that... HUGE MISSTEPS. Again, let's hope they have the humility to learn from them. Lead by example, coaches; admit when you ef'd up, learn from it, and act/hire/draft accordingly.

I couldn't care less about the offensive coordinator if we finished 11-5 or 12-4 and make the playoffs. Winning trumps everything. **** 10-6 and missing the playoffs just to get rid of a coach.

Really weird times at Finheaven. Too many glass half empty posters out there. Can we not take the progress and development as a good thing. We literally should have only won 7-9 games and we exceeded those marks and stayed in the hunt til week 17.

Jesus take the wheel..... Rome wasn't built in a day, this roster still void of talent by the way is still under construction.

If "ifs" and "buts" where candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 2019 NFL Draft is behind us. Let it go! Be excited about the future, the op still not over the present. I understand man.

OP raises some good points. Taylor duplicating his numbers here is questionable, but my god I wanted him when Igby was drafted. Igby a significant reach which we knew then and was confirmed this year.

Grier continues to make missteps in the draft. I don’t know why because he should have this **** down by now especially with the personnel staff we have. He has another huge draft coming up and my confidence level in him drafting is about 40 pct. Don’t F this up.

Really weird times at Finheaven. Too many glass half empty posters out there. Can we not take the progress and development as a good thing. We literally should have only won 7-9 games and we exceeded those marks and stayed in the hunt til week 17.

Jesus take the wheel..... Rome wasn't built in a day, this roster still void of talent by the way is still under construction.

If "ifs" and "buts" where candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 2019 NFL Draft is behind us. Let it go! Be excited about the future, the op still not over the present. I understand man.
Sure let’s enjoy the ride. Glass half full and all. I get it.
But the OP pointing out that Grier is no savant when it comes to the draft is correct. Grier is the single common personnel thread in the organization to a multitude of crap drafts.

I still believe JK Dobbins is as good as any back from the 2019 class. He had a nice rookie season too.

The latest shiny toy! You know how this game is played..

Mods can we move this thread? Jonathan Taylor isn't a Miami Dolphin.

Thank you!
Yeah, that "shiny" toy instead of a project CB would not have made a difference. Whatever, Grier and his BS draft model. He would not no what a playmaker was if it bit him in the ass. Those fans wanting Smith/Chase are going to be sorely disappointed when Sewell is selected come draft time.

If the Dolphins had drafted Taylor what’s the betting there would a gazillion threads (one thread per player or issue would never do) along the lines of.
Waste of a draft pick, what’s the point drafting him without an O line.
We need help on the defense, we are fine with RB’s
Etc etc
We all have perfect 20/20 hindsight

Yeah Taylor is a good player was dominate in college. You know the Dolphins only take projects late in the first round lol

well, thanks to my post a few days ago, at least we know we’ll rectify that by getting Devon Achane in a couple years. ☺️

Hindsight is a MF.

Imagine if we took Justin Jefferson at 18 and Jonathan Taylor instead of Igbo. Could have drafted Sewell at 3 this year instead of Austin Jackson.

Too bad life doesn't work that way.
Drafting Igbo won't sit right with me until he becomes good enough to unseat Jones...yes, I know all about the experience factor. I also want my 1st rounders to be impact players.

What is with all this Taylor hype? Is he running behind Quentin Nelson? Is Quentin Nelson on our team? No? So he's not hitting anywhere close to those numbers here.

Right, next thing is to say Gasksins is better than Taylor. Taylor's talent is meaningless,

I knew it, that's your narrative.
My "narrative" is that he's a good back who gets to play behind a much, much better run blocking line than we have. He isn't doing that here and he's not a good enough RB that I'm going to wish we drafted and think about for longer than a second.

You don't think that the RB we draft this year can't be as good?

Come on...

Back
Top Bottom