Thank You Ricky Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank You Ricky Williams

you know what, whatever......i don't see how you guys can keep on with this "what ricky did to us LAST YEAR" STUFF.get over it...he did it, its over with, were gettin him back weather you like it or not, i trust sabans' decisions and esp if marino would take him back, i would!! stop talking about what he did.its in the past not in the present. All im saying is that I think what he did last year actually helped us out for this year and for years to come. You can either let me express my opinion or not, i dont care! All i know is that when im at all the games this year and ricky is out there, i'll be cheering for him. By the way, he is a dolphin after all!

Ozzy said:
Again, you assume that your beliefs are what is?

Shula is at plenty of games, right up in WH's suite.

Guess what? The person who sits right in front of me, well, his mother works for WH, and they invited me up to his suite during halftime. Low, and behold, who is sitting there, none other than Don Shula.

He is still a part owner as well.

You obviously dont listen to the media down here than ozzy...its been said numerous times that the reason that shula wont become president of this team is cause of wanny and him dont get along that well. Just cause they are in the same suite together watching the games don't mean that they are friends. Also, yes shula has been to about 5 fin games since he left. I know this from an interview he did with Joe Rose when Eddie Jones let the team know he was going to be retiring, even though that was two years ago. He didnt come out and say he cant get along with Wayne, but he basically hinted at it. Anyone who knows how to beat around the bush knows that is actually what he means.

i don't see how you guys can keep on with this "what ricky did to us LAST YEAR" STUFF.get over it...he did it, its over with, were gettin him back weather you like it or not

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

rafael said:
Wanny would have been gone anyways and Saban would have replaced him. No reason to thank RW for that. The only thing that would have changed on your list is we probably wouldn't have Brown.

wrong.... Wastehead would have gotten an extension after missing the playoffs for the third year in a row!!!! :evil:

What's with the CAPS???? :confused:

I hate to tell you this, but Ricky was not the sole reason why so many of these changes were made.....these changes would have likely been made regardless of Ricky....I think it was time for Wanny and his system to go....Ricky's absense just speeded up the process.

BLUESTIGIDY said:
wrong.... Wastehead would have gotten an extension after missing the playoffs for the third year in a row!!!! :evil:

Wanny stepped down because Wayne wouldn't guarantee him the second year of the extension would be honored. You take from that what ever you wish.

legendary137 said:
You obviously dont listen to the media down here than ozzy...its been said numerous times that the reason that shula wont become president of this team is cause of wanny and him dont get along that well. Just cause they are in the same suite together watching the games don't mean that they are friends. Also, yes shula has been to about 5 fin games since he left. I know this from an interview he did with Joe Rose when Eddie Jones let the team know he was going to be retiring, even though that was two years ago. He didnt come out and say he cant get along with Wayne, but he basically hinted at it. Anyone who knows how to beat around the bush knows that is actually what he means.

Man, I listen to the media every single day down here. They have never. ever came out and said Wanny, and Shoes do not get along. I've seen Shula at more than 5 "practices", and everytime he and Wanny were side by side. They got along fine. Shula has not been sulking, and not wanting to attend games. He travels all over the world with his wife, whom he spends almost all of his time with. She finally convinced him to forget some football, and enjoy some well deserved retirement time.

You are also quick to forget that it was JJ that did not get along with Shula, so he stayed away, but one of the first people Wanny contacted when he was hired was none other than Don Shula. He made it very clear that he wanted Shula to feel welcomed again, and he gave him complete access to the facility, anytime he wanted.

As for your comment about WH never firing anyone, I once again tell you that Wanny was told a week before he stepped down, that no matter what, he would not be retained. That was all over the radio down here for the whole week leading up to his resignation.

WH, and Shula remain very close too.......

legendary137 said:
Listen fin fans...why are you not thanking ricky williams for leaving us last year. Yeah last year was horrible but, look at what that did for us.
CAUSE: RICKY WILLIAM LEAVING RIGHT BEFORE TRAINING CAMP
ACTION: WANNY GETTIN FIRED
-COACH SABAN
-WISE GETTIN FIRED
-COACH HOUCK
-SECOND OVERALL PICK
-RONNIE BROWN
-NEW OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR
-NEW SYSTEM
-BOSTON WANTS TO COME BACK TO PLAY UNDER SABAN
-MCDOUGLE WANTS TO PLAY FOR SABAN
-TAYLOR AND THOMAS LOVE THE NEW SYSTEM
-COACH WHO LEARNED FORM THE BEST (BELICHICK)
-MORE DEPTH ON O-LINE THAN IN RECENT YEARS
-MORE DEPTH AT WIDERECIEVER
-CHANGES TO THE STADIUM (NEW COACH MEANS NEW GROUNDS)
-HOLLIDAY AND CARTHE AND TRAYLOR WANT TO PLAY FOR SABAN
-OH YEAH, CHANNING CROWDER, MATT ROTH, KAY JAY HARRIS
-NOT TO MENTION A TOP 5 RUNNING BACK THAT LEFT WANTS TO COME BACK
-AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO OUR FANS, US

LOOK OUT AFC.....HERE WE COME
I got ronnine, ok, i got ricky....s*i*...which way did they go.....damn, their in the endzone already!!

I'm supposed to praise Ricky because we got Stockar motherf*ckin' McDougle? Man these pro-Ricky apologist posts get better with each passing day. Everyone with me now - in unison - ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MVP STOCKAR MCDOUGLE, FOR WITHOUT RICKY THIS FRANCHISE COULD NEVER HAVE BEEN TURNED AROUND BY THE GREATNESS THAT IS STOCKAR!.

legendary137 said:
you know what, whatever......i don't see how you guys can keep on with this "what ricky did to us LAST YEAR" STUFF.get over it...he did it, its over with, were gettin him back weather you like it or not, i trust sabans' decisions and esp if marino would take him back, i would!! stop talking about what he did.its in the past not in the present. All im saying is that I think what he did last year actually helped us out for this year and for years to come. You can either let me express my opinion or not, i dont care! All i know is that when im at all the games this year and ricky is out there, i'll be cheering for him. By the way, he is a dolphin after all!

When you made this thread, were you expecting those who oppose his return, to listen to this, and suddenly stop? I mean it's the same thing over and over. We've herd it all on both sides.

But.... I don't see people who are oppossed making threads all over the site about it. So when you make a thread like this, which I surely, totally dissagree with, expect some of us to make replies in it, like it or not.

Otherwise the replies would all be short, and look like this.

Great post!

I agreee 100%

Bingo!!!

Man you hit the nail on the head.....

Thats the making of a pretty boring thread ayyy?

legendary137 said:
Listen fin fans...why are you not thanking ricky williams for leaving us last year. Yeah last year was horrible but, look at what that did for us.
CAUSE: RICKY WILLIAM LEAVING RIGHT BEFORE TRAINING CAMP
ACTION: WANNY GETTIN FIRED
-COACH SABAN
-WISE GETTIN FIRED
-COACH HOUCK
-SECOND OVERALL PICK
-RONNIE BROWN
-NEW OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR
-NEW SYSTEM
-BOSTON WANTS TO COME BACK TO PLAY UNDER SABAN
-MCDOUGLE WANTS TO PLAY FOR SABAN
-TAYLOR AND THOMAS LOVE THE NEW SYSTEM
-COACH WHO LEARNED FORM THE BEST (BELICHICK)
-MORE DEPTH ON O-LINE THAN IN RECENT YEARS
-MORE DEPTH AT WIDERECIEVER
-CHANGES TO THE STADIUM (NEW COACH MEANS NEW GROUNDS)
-HOLLIDAY AND CARTHE AND TRAYLOR WANT TO PLAY FOR SABAN
-OH YEAH, CHANNING CROWDER, MATT ROTH, KAY JAY HARRIS
-NOT TO MENTION A TOP 5 RUNNING BACK THAT LEFT WANTS TO COME BACK
-AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO OUR FANS, US

LOOK OUT AFC.....HERE WE COME
I got ronnine, ok, i got ricky....s*i*...which way did they go.....damn, their in the endzone already!!

nice one man:wink:

Why does this thread look familiar? Oh right, because it's already been argued a gazillion times. Ricky Williams didn't do anybody any favors except himself. Like I said before, if you truly believe he did the Dolphins a favor, don't ever do me any favors like that.

rafael said:
Wanny would have been gone anyways and Saban would have replaced him. No reason to thank RW for that. The only thing that would have changed on your list is we probably wouldn't have Brown.

And now tha that season is behind us, having Ronnie looks good. Ironically, the best thing Ricky did last year was replace himself.

At least the awful cycle of mediocre football is over. I was getting tired of having a team that limped into the playoffs and got easily beaten, or not in at all. SOmetimes, you just need to get pounded to get mean enough to pull yourself up. And that's the direction we are finally going. We will build for the future intead of trying to maintain our mediocrity. The Williams thing was one important part (but not the only part) of kicking that off.

Back
Top Bottom