Thanks Phins = Nice Trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanks Phins = Nice Trade

byroan said:
But he would have left next season and we would have got nothing in return.
Couldn't agree more. Saban did the best he could which is much better than walking away with nothing.

Predaphin said:
I beg to differ, a lil expensive my a$$, you still ripped us off. You got arguably the best CB in the league... Buchanon went for a 2nd & 3rd and isn't close to being as good....and to top it off you still had to swap 5th's....that's some BS!

I agree. The swapping of the 5th's was really crappy! It should of been a 2nd and a 3rd at least(2nd next year I guess seeing they didnt have a tradeable 3rd) But...in all..we did get some cap space...and got a good player.

Dolfan4life34 said:
the reason they got a second and a third is age buchanon is 23 yrs old surtain will be 29

no it isn't. what a foolish statement. the difference is surtain makes a lot more $$ against the cap. the nfl is ever-changing as you know. so by the time surtain gets old, he'll be off the team anyway.

yes it's the $$$ P.Buc had two years left on his cheap rookie contract.

Anyway it's over go Chiefs / Phins :wink:

Roth will need to beat out Vonnie for the starting job which could prove to be hard.

Predaphin said:
I beg to differ, a lil expensive my a$$, you still ripped us off. You got arguably the best CB in the league... Buchanon went for a 2nd & 3rd and isn't close to being as good....and to top it off you still had to swap 5th's....that's some BS!

As if this hasn't been explained once I will for that last time. Buchanon is 23, has 2 years left on his cheap rookie contract, durable, plays special teams, and is a good upcoming corner with no injury problems. Surtain is 29, now the 3rd highest paid corner in the league (50mil contract), has chronic knee problems that aren't getting any better. If he plays for us this year we have no cap room and he signs a big contract with another team next year leaving us with nothing... How do I sum it up any better a 2nd and 5th swap was as good as it was gonna get so in my my a good trade. GreenMonster

Dolfan4life34 said:
the reason they got a second and a third is age buchanon is 23 yrs old surtain will be 29

I don't care, Surtain has more than twice the INT's...You'd think value comes from talent, not age.

Predaphin said:
I don't care, Surtain has more than twice the INT's...You'd think value comes from talent, not age.

If value comes from talent and not age, tell me why E. James and S. Alexander can't even get moved for a 2nd round pick. They are top 10 at the RB position and both are All pros... GreenMonster

The reason we got the swapped 5ths is this.....KC said hey....we are about to free up 6-8 million for you and put that on our cap.....swap 5ths.....i think thats why....Saban got his 2nd rounder....but knew the cap room was really important for us to have especially for signing our rookie class.....and was willing to swap those 5th rounders to make it happen. I say Saban didnt bend....or a slap in the face.....I just say it was good business decision to make the deal happen.

Predaphin said:

of course he does, he has 6 more years in the League.

GreenMonster said:
If value comes from talent and not age, tell me why E. James and S. Alexander can't even get moved for a 2nd round pick. They are top 10 at the RB position and both are All pros... GreenMonster

because they'd both be getting a lot of $$.. Runningbacks are abundant in the league and edge has some injury past..

His Dudeness said:
because they'd both be getting a lot of $$.. Runningbacks are abundant in the league and edge has some injury past..

Exactly my point which is why getting a 2nd for Surtain was good.. He only got 50 million for 7 years. Was he getting that from us......shakes his magic 8 ball.........NO.....GreenMonster

texasPHINSfan said:
:yeahthat:

when i heard about the buchanon deal i was pissed. buchanon sucks compared to surtain, and he got a 2nd and 3rd? i would have been happy with at least just a 2nd, but the trading 5ths was just a slap in the face to me...

thats a typical carl peterson deal though. must make him feel like he was in control. saban didn't back down and we got the two though.

Back
Top Bottom