That interception by Tua: "Was trying to throw it out of bounds" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That interception by Tua: "Was trying to throw it out of bounds"

The guy was Matty Ice early in his career for a reason, he was a great player who made game winning plays. Those days are long gone, and that Atlanta team has been shrouded in a lot of futility ever since that 28-3 Super Bowl, and Matt Ryan has looked like a guy just going through the motions for years now.
We differ on that. Never saw him college so maybe that’s where he got his nickname but I was never impressed with his play in fourth quarter close games.

Just not a good decision regardless. It was 3rd down. Just take the dive and let your team punt it.

He had already back peddled about 10 r 15 yards at that point, taking a sack there leads you to a long field anyway, our punter was pretty dreadful today, not sure a punt would have yield any better net field position. Tua's intention was absolutely right, taking a sack was the last thing we needed in that situation. He just couldn't get enough on the ball because of the pressure he was under and then Mike decides to pass the ball to the Pats defender.

Which is why I will continue to laugh at their dumb a-- front office for taking Pitts over Fields who fell in their lap.

No TE has ever been the key driver leading a Super Bowl team(s).
I don't think Fields is an uber prospect, and him making a couple easy plays versus third stringers in preseason doesn't change that. But I agree about Pitts. Had they been wanting to add Pitts to be a component in an offense with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley, I mean that's a situation where he could help. But yeah, making the TE the centerpiece of an offense without that many other playmakers after dealing Julio Jones just isn't gonna have that impact that they imagine. People love what top line tight ends can do, but most of the guys that are big impact players and "matchup nightmares" are the ones with enough other playmakers that you can't give the TE much attention and they can exploit lesser players on a defense.

You just don't get enough raw production out of even a very good TE to sustain a passing attack without help. Even secondrate receiving duos like Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline can get 800-1000 yards receiving, and that amount is something only the really good tight ends get to regularly.

As the season plays out the Pats looked like one of the better teams in the NFL today Mac Jones is perfect for their system. To win against them was huge. The Bills might be overhyped and it could very well be that the phins and pats dominate the division

We differ on that. Never saw him college so maybe that’s where he got his nickname but I was never impressed with his play in fourth quarter close games.
I never saw him in college either. I've never watched enough college football to be tracking with the QB from Boston College is doing.

As the season plays out the Pats looked like one of the better teams in the NFL today Mac Jones is perfect for their system. To win against them was huge. The Bills might be overhyped and it could very well be that the phins and pats dominate the division
I very well think its going to the Bills and Pats atop the division, but getting a win today on the road was a big step towards keeping that from happening.

He's way better than Tua. Guy is a former MVP and started in a Super Bowl. He isn't what he used to be, but we don't need him to be great. We just need a solid veteran QB and we win it all. Defense is the best in the league. Offense is loaded with WRs and TEs. Need a QB. Tua is not it.
Troll elsewhere.

I’ll say this…that int was a fluke…Mike G had a chance to catch it twice but bobbled it both times..:not saying he shouldn’t have thrown it buuuut

I saw that - in the moment i'm thinking the 6'7" TE was there he should have come up with it, but in the end I think it was just a throwaway that got away due to the pressure.

It wasn't any kind of convincing performance from Tua but he made some plays and won up in NE as a team with the nation expecting us to lose. I still expect to see better performances from this offense with Tua. I was surprised how little our TE's were used in the passing game. When we are hot on offense recently, they are usually a big part of it. Still was nice seeing Waddle getting involved early - that was easy to forget as the game dragged in the 2nd half.

Ya it was a good decision, poor execution, and Gesicki could’ve and didn’t bail him out. It’s on Tua though…nothing anybody should lose their panties over…I doubt it happens again.
It is beyond me that nobody has said anything about what Gesicki did on this play not once but twice batted the ball up in the air to gift wrap it into the pat's db's hand's. If anyone is to blame for this interception you need to ask Big G about it.Re-watch the end of the play. Yes Tua should not have thrown the ball but Gesicki is why it was intercepted

Back
Top Bottom