That interception by Tua: "Was trying to throw it out of bounds" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That interception by Tua: "Was trying to throw it out of bounds"

Trade for Matt Ryan tomorrow. He should be ready in a couple weeks. Super Bowl. This team is loaded. Tua is holding us back. We only get TDs because we score on opening drives of games and halves because we have excellent coaching. Flores is a boss.
Earlier you were wanting them to bring Tannehill back but he was worst than Tua in his game today. So now you want them to trade for Ryan . This team isn’t going to the SB this year unless the Chiefs are crazy enough to trade Mahomes to the Dolphins and that isn’t happening.

The OL isn’t good enough to get this team beyond the first round of the playoffs if they are fortunate enough to make the playoffs. Ryan is certainly not good enough to get the them beyond the first round of the playoffs and since he is not mobile as a QB, the OL would probably get him severely injured within a few games.

He's way better than Tua. Guy is a former MVP and started in a Super Bowl. He isn't what he used to be, but we don't need him to be great. We just need a solid veteran QB and we win it all. Defense is the best in the league. Offense is loaded with WRs and TEs. Need a QB. Tua is not it.
Marino is a former MVP and started in a Super Bowl. So if that’s you criteria, they should just bring him out of retirement.

It is beyond me that nobody has said anything about what Gesicki did on this play not once but twice batted the ball up in the air to gift wrap it into the pat's db's hand's. If anyone is to blame for this interception you need to ask Big G about it.Re-watch the end of the play. Yes Tua should not have thrown the ball but Gesicki is why it was intercepted
He was trying to make a play there, so not going to blame him. Certainly was catchable after it was batted to him.

Trade for Matt Ryan tomorrow.
huey freeman GIF

He got DRILLED and driven to the ground. Pretty sure in today’s soft *** league that’s a flag. Leagues so inconsistent.
If a QB leaves the pocket do they have the same protections as if they were in the pocket?

Serious question and I don't feel like Googling the answer.

It is beyond me that nobody has said anything about what Gesicki did on this play not once but twice batted the ball up in the air to gift wrap it into the pat's db's hand's. If anyone is to blame for this interception you need to ask Big G about it.Re-watch the end of the play. Yes Tua should not have thrown the ball but Gesicki is why it was intercepted
I mean I would have liked Gesicki to do better on that play but it wasn't something he intentionally batted into the air or anything the ball was bouncing around and he was doing his best to react to it and never got any control of it just like the first defender.

Earlier you were wanting them to bring Tannehill back but he was worst than Tua in his game today. So now you want them to trade for Ryan . This team isn’t going to the SB this year unless the Chiefs are crazy enough to trade Mahomes to the Dolphins and that isn’t happening.
I'm a huge fan of what Tannehill has been able to do with the Titans but I don't see good things happening this year for that team. There wasn't a third down that defense couldn't give up last year, that offensive line is putrid, and the team lost every weapon it had other than AJ Brown and Derrick Henry, and I don't know that a Julio Jones at this point in his career makes up for that. If Dolphin fans think we've drafted poorly, they should check out the Titans - I mean we out and out cut their first round pick from just the last year in the offseason, and that's just one example.

I'm a huge fan of what Tannehill has been able to do with the Titans but I don't see good things happening this year for that team. There wasn't a third down that defense couldn't give up last year, that offensive line is putrid, and the team lost every weapon it had other than AJ Brown and Derrick Henry, and I don't know that a Julio Jones at this point in his career makes up for that. If Dolphin fans think we've drafted poorly, they should check out the Titans - I mean we out and out cut their first round pick from just the last year in the offseason, and that's just one example.
I have nothing against Tannehill but he would be the same old Tannehill If he was still in Miami and had to play QB behind our OL and with no running game.

Since he went to the Titans he has been able to play with the best running back in the league and the OL was solid before this year. I watched a lot of the game today to watch Tannehill because I really haven’t watched him play much since he left Miami.

After all these years, he still doesn’t have the pocket awareness needed to be a top tier QB and he tends to freeze in the pocket when he realizes he is about to be sacked.

With a good OL and a good running game, Tannehill is an effective enough QB to get his team into the playoffs. Yet with the Dolphins OL and no rushing attack to rely on, I don’t think he would be any more effective than he was during all the time he was with the Dolphins.

Last edited:
He's way better than Tua. Guy is a former MVP and started in a Super Bowl. He isn't what he used to be, but we don't need him to be great. We just need a solid veteran QB and we win it all. Defense is the best in the league. Offense is loaded with WRs and TEs. Need a QB. Tua is not it.
Former MVP? Started in a SB? Boy, do I have the guy for you and we don't even have to trade for him.

Image_from_iOS__1_.jpg

I still don't see enough blame being put on the OL. If protection didn't break down Tua wouldn't have had to scramble. He was about to get crushed. Definitely looks like he was trying to throw it away.

In the post game presser, Tua let it be known that the wild interception he threw was meant to be thrown out of bounce. Gotta get this out here before the fan base goes haywire.
"Thrown out of 'bounce', OP? If this wasnt a 'pun' typo...it should've been.

Back
Top Bottom