That's The Dolphins Draft For You Folks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's The Dolphins Draft For You Folks

Certainly these last 2 drafts have checked off the needs list fairly well and the players selected appear to have value. No cap space and getting little value for prominate players along we with poor free agent pickups is disappointing. I think we have poor vision, and creativity the Pats have 5 trades today , Miami 0.

How can anyone not be happy about this draft, for the first time in a long time the Phins has filled several needs without doing anything crazy......this is a time to be happy.

I would love to hear just one rational thought from someone who thinks this draft isn’t a success

What a draft so far

The football illiterates will cry because we didn’t draft a rookie qb. I’d like to see a developmental guy still because I have zero confidence in Brock long term.

I think Gase can make him better. But i think Tannehill will put this "We need a QB" to rest after he plays well this year.

There is always someone that won't like what the fins did in the draft, they be playing fantasy football when it comes to draft, they always reference other teams and trades like every body are dealt the same hand every year.
How can anyone not be happy about this draft, for the first time in a long time the Phins has filled several needs without doing anything crazy......this is a time to be happy.

I liked our draft a lot. It was nice to double down on te because that was our most glaring hole. I hope we can get some production out of the rb but who knows. If you can get 3 starters out of a draft then it’s considered a good draft. Our first two picks look like studs so hopefully Baker or one of the late rounders turn out to be a gem. It’s all a guessing game until they prove it on the field.

More than happy with what's happened, especially the first two picks. Looking forward to Jones and Fitzpatrick together and having some sort of red zone threat in Gesicki.

This has been the first draft I've proper followed, so good, great entertainment, well worth staying up past 4am to watch. Such a better/fairer system than our football

This was the best draft we've had in awhile. As someone else mentioned, we let everything play out naturally without trading up or forcing anything, we got INCREDIBLE value with just about every pick, and we have a couple of potential all-time Dolphin greats in Fitzpatrick and Gesicki. Let's just see how the 2018 season plays out before we can even attempt to discuss this draft's immediate or long term impact, but my initial reaction is that I feel like this was a very good weekend in Dolphin's history going forward :thumbsup

I think we hit it out of the park with Minkah
Gesicki was another great pick even tho I wanted Goedert you can't go wrong here
Baker-We'll see. He has great speed and can cover which we needed
Smythe was the best blocking TE in the whole draft
Armstrong is a quick corner who can play inside or outside
Ballage is a good value pick with a nose for the end zone and kick return guy too

I like that we added speed, high character guys and most from big tradition kinds of schools.

surprised we didn't draft a QB tho but other than that I'm happy

Last edited:
To me overall it looks like a solid draft. Minkah and Gesicki are much needed starters. Baker will be used as a nickle LB. Smythe will replace Fasano. Gase will put in some packages to make use of Ballage's talents. Sanders has a good shot at winning the kicking job. Armstrong and Poling will most likely either make the team mainly for special teams or be put on the practice squad.

This was the best draft we've had in awhile. As someone else mentioned, we let everything play out naturally without trading up or forcing anything, we got INCREDIBLE value with just about every pick, and we have a couple of potential all-time Dolphin greats in Fitzpatrick and Gesicki. Let's just see how the 2018 season plays out before we can even attempt to discuss this draft's immediate or long term impact, but my initial reaction is that I feel like this was a very good weekend in Dolphin's history going forward :thumbsup
Damn man...can you give me whatever you're taking??? I'm just busting your balls but I'll admit that I love the positivity!

Back
Top Bottom