... that's the **** I don't like! (And some things that I did) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

... that's the **** I don't like! (And some things that I did)

JBinSD

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tough to stomach, this loss. The entire tide turned on the devastating Tebow 4th and 3 conversion. We were in the driver's seat until that play.

Anyway, we have to move forward. There are still a lot of good things that happened, and we truly did hand this game to the Jets on a platter.

the **** I don't like!

1) The play of Anthony Armstrong, who is supposed to be a 2 / 3 receiver. I had hopes that he could make some plays with his legs. We aren't asking him to catch a ball over the shoulder and adjust, you got a laser to the chest and the chance to take it to the house.

2) The play of Daniel Thomas. Overall you can argue that he made a nice contribution, like the 3rd and long run and the TD. But seriously -- two games, two fumbles within the opponents 30 yard line? What the heck are you trying to do to our defense? And why were you sort of smirking after the play, looking at the play on the jumbotron? The YPC could use some help, while you fix the bumbling fumbles.

3) We STOPPED running after gaining 150 yards on them in the first half. WHY? Tell me that we no longer have Reggie Bush, and I'll tell you that we do still have Lamar Miller. He's done nothing to believe you can't give him a shot here and there, and we could have given him the rock on a few of those plays in the 2nd half where we kept throwing or running DT. I know that we were salivating given the lack of Darrelle Revis. But truth be told -- our offense was having success in gaining territory WITH Revis! We just did it by running, which is fine. The defense was gassed out there, and we took our foot off the gas. Live and learn I guess.

4) Trying to use three timeouts to get the ball back with 11 seconds or whatever to go is sort of out thinking yourself...

5) We never rolled Ryan to the right, it seemed like we wanted to stick with the awkward throw to the opposite side. It was interesting and sometimes productive, but you need to get him out to the other side too. I wish he committed to run on 3rd and 3 (I think he had the TD) or throw a dart to DT, but that will come with development.

6) It seemed like our pass rush was contained outside, and then we would get the inside pressure. When we got inside pressure, we didn't get anyone coming around teh corner. I don't think it was for a lack of trying, since a lot of guys were coming.

7) Needless to say, the Dan Carpenter misses SUCKED.

OKAY -- I want to talk about a few positive things.

1) This game was not too big for Ryan when Revis was in, and we were having success. Many will point to the lack of stellar production from him, but he held his own when we don't have a deep seam threat TE or a real #1 receiver. Some of the throws he makes are tightropes and on the money. Got some PI calls on deep balls and had the one ball to Hartline that we wished went to the house. The talent is there, I again maintain that you won't always see a safety AND CB on Brian Hartline when you have a big body or electric #1 to worry about. I know we'll address the position next year as #1 priority.

2) Spirit on defense is incredible. You can tell that they won't give up if it's 1st goal from the 3 inch line. We are incredibly stout against the run, and that is something to build on.

3) Sean Smith looked good, because I didn't see his name called much. Did you guys? Unless I am entirely missing something, I thought most of the big plays -- PI or chunk yardage, came on Richard Marshall. Nolan Carroll had one glaring mistake that I can remember too.

4) Reshad Jones made some plays, although not many on the ball. I'm anxious to see what the tape shows us from responsibility on the long gains in this game.

5) Again as some have said, if we didn't turn the ball over so many times in Houston, we were still in the game because of our defense. We obviously would have won today save for some serious bad breaks. I really think that our team is competitive with anyone. We need to focus and win the next game.

There are SO MANY "what ifs" and "if we had just..." in this game that we'll drive ourselves crazy, since it's over. I still like the direction of the team, and some of the suicide notes I've already read on here are baffling. This week, let's focus on getting a win. Next year, let's get some wideouts to compliment Hartline and Bess -- both of whom I believe should remain firmly in the big picture.

We just need to focus on winning next week. It's not going to be easy.

Tough to stomach, this loss. The entire tide turned on the devastating Tebow 4th and 3 conversion. We were in the driver's seat until that play.

Anyway, we have to move forward. There are still a lot of good things that happened, and we truly did hand this game to the Jets on a platter.

the **** I don't like!

1) The play of Anthony Armstrong, who is supposed to be a 2 / 3 receiver. I had hopes that he could make some plays with his legs. We aren't asking him to catch a ball over the shoulder and adjust, you got a laser to the chest and the chance to take it to the house.

2) The play of Daniel Thomas. Overall you can argue that he made a nice contribution, like the 3rd and long run and the TD. But seriously -- two games, two fumbles within the opponents 30 yard line? What the heck are you trying to do to our defense? And why were you sort of smirking after the play, looking at the play on the jumbotron? The YPC could use some help, while you fix the bumbling fumbles.

3) We STOPPED running after gaining 150 yards on them in the first half. WHY? Tell me that we no longer have Reggie Bush, and I'll tell you that we do still have Lamar Miller. He's done nothing to believe you can't give him a shot here and there, and we could have given him the rock on a few of those plays in the 2nd half where we kept throwing or running DT. I know that we were salivating given the lack of Darrelle Revis. But truth be told -- our offense was having success in gaining territory WITH Revis! We just did it by running, which is fine. The defense was gassed out there, and we took our foot off the gas. Live and learn I guess.

4) Trying to use three timeouts to get the ball back with 11 seconds or whatever to go is sort of out thinking yourself...

5) We never rolled Ryan to the right, it seemed like we wanted to stick with the awkward throw to the opposite side. It was interesting and sometimes productive, but you need to get him out to the other side too. I wish he committed to run on 3rd and 3 (I think he had the TD) or throw a dart to DT, but that will come with development.

6) It seemed like our pass rush was contained outside, and then we would get the inside pressure. When we got inside pressure, we didn't get anyone coming around teh corner. I don't think it was for a lack of trying, since a lot of guys were coming.

7) Needless to say, the Dan Carpenter misses SUCKED.

OKAY -- I want to talk about a few positive things.

1) This game was not too big for Ryan when Revis was in, and we were having success. Many will point to the lack of stellar production from him, but he held his own when we don't have a deep seam threat TE or a real #1 receiver. Some of the throws he makes are tightropes and on the money. Got some PI calls on deep balls and had the one ball to Hartline that we wished went to the house. The talent is there, I again maintain that you won't always see a safety AND CB on Brian Hartline when you have a big body or electric #1 to worry about. I know we'll address the position next year as #1 priority.

2) Spirit on defense is incredible. You can tell that they won't give up if it's 1st goal from the 3 inch line. We are incredibly stout against the run, and that is something to build on.

3) Sean Smith looked good, because I didn't see his name called much. Did you guys? Unless I am entirely missing something, I thought most of the big plays -- PI or chunk yardage, came on Richard Marshall. Nolan Carroll had one glaring mistake that I can remember too.

4) Reshad Jones made some plays, although not many on the ball. I'm anxious to see what the tape shows us from responsibility on the long gains in this game.

5) Again as some have said, if we didn't turn the ball over so many times in Houston, we were still in the game because of our defense. We obviously would have won today save for some serious bad breaks. I really think that our team is competitive with anyone. We need to focus and win the next game.

There are SO MANY "what ifs" and "if we had just..." in this game that we'll drive ourselves crazy, since it's over. I still like the direction of the team, and some of the suicide notes I've already read on here are baffling. This week, let's focus on getting a win. Next year, let's get some wideouts to compliment Hartline and Bess -- both of whom I believe should remain firmly in the big picture.

You did roll him to the right, and that ended in a pick 6

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

​In 2 weeks we may well have a better record than the Jets.

Easy to say when the Jets are playing decent teams and not the fins.

This is the thing that bugged the hell out of me. We got super pass happy at the end of the 3 and most of the fourth and it was so annoying. On the first carpenter miss we threw 3 straight passes right before 2 were to hartline in the endzone. Dont know why we didnt run it on first or second there. Either way the pick 6 and the misses FGs lost us the game. Besides the pick tanny did ok.

Do any Dolphins fans have feedback on how Sean Smith played, and our safeties? We had a few big plays and it seemed like they were on Marshall. And Jets fan, thanks for the stinging reminder. I still don't believe that was a product of him rolling to the right, rather a bad decision that Landry sniffed out.

Do any Dolphins fans have feedback on how Sean Smith played, and our safeties? We had a few big plays and it seemed like they were on Marshall. And Jets fan, thanks for the stinging reminder. I still don't believe that was a product of him rolling to the right, rather a bad decision that Landry sniffed out.

Not trying to remind you, that was a typical rookie mistake, or Sanchez mistake, take your pick

You did roll him to the right, and that ended in a pick 6 :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Easy to say when the Jets are playing decent teams and not the fins.
Yeah, Jet fans should come out of this game feeling great about their team. They completely outplayed us in all phases of the game and the outcome was never even really in doubt. Right.

Yeah, Jet fans should come out of this game feeling great about their team. They completely outplayed us in all phases of the game and the outcome was never even really in doubt. Right.

I come out of this game feeling great about the win, not the team. Look at my previous post, i know the Jets stole one. Like i said before, Miami lost this one, the Jets didnt win it.

Smith was burned deep a few time Sanchez just missed the throws

It was a sloppy game overall.

I would be very worried also if I was a jets fan. The offense looks bad and Sparano still pulling same crap. Why did your GM pull an almost Ireland like move and ignore wr. At least u guys have a solid number one but not getting more help at receiver was pretty bad on both teams parts. why not resign Plax he wasnt that bad

I would be very worried also if I was a jets fan. The offense looks bad and Sparano still pulling same crap. Why did your GM pull an almost Ireland like move and ignore wr. At least u guys have a solid number one but not getting more help at receiver was pretty bad on both teams parts. why not resign Plax he wasnt that bad

I am nost definitely worried. Tannenbaum is an accountant and worries too much about the $, we should have brought Edwards back. Plax was someone i wanted back.

Back
Top Bottom