... that's the **** I don't like! (And some things that I did) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

... that's the **** I don't like! (And some things that I did)

I would be very worried also if I was a jets fan. The offense looks bad and Sparano still pulling same crap. Why did your GM pull an almost Ireland like move and ignore wr. At least u guys have a solid number one but not getting more help at receiver was pretty bad on both teams parts. why not resign Plax he wasnt that bad

Ummm -- they didn't ignore the receiver position. They took a WR pretty high.

Chris Clemons came out of his comfort zone today. He had a good game. Nice pick in the end zone. Saving grace if you ask me.

The Jets offense looked very bad and the defense simply is not as dominant as it used to be.

I would also really concerned that Sanchez doesn't have the goods. He is in his fourth year now and is still showing lots of lapses in the accuracy and decision making departments.

I wouldnt be surprised if the team gets blown up soon.

Man, there is SUCH a ton of whining going on today on FH. I'm disapointed, sad, mad, etc. But god.

Matter of fact, we could blame so many things for the loss today.

The front office...
...for trading away the best WR on the team and not even trying to replace him. Marshall was demanding double coverage more often than not and he COULD GET OPEN! He dropped as many balls as our other receivers but at least he COULD GET OPEN!
...for trading away a good young CB and creating yet another hole on this team. Sean Smith, Richard Marshall and Nolan Caroll is as ****ty a cornerback group as it gets. They get burned over and over. If Mark Sanchez were a better QB, this game is over before the 4th quarter.

The coaches...
...for not trying to make it an easier FG in OT. They must have eternal trust in Dan Carpenter. I must admit I was a big fan of Carpenter because I always thought he was a pretty good kicker. Now he has to win me over again.
...for believing that Richard Marshall and Nolan Caroll are decent CBs. Same point as above. How could the coaches even agree to trading away Vontae Davis?
...for not giving Lamar Miller more opportunities. Miller looked good out there. Better than Thomas.

Ryan Tannehill...
...for throwing the pick-6. I'll chalk it up as a rookie mistake. By my account, this was his first interception with a bad decision of his. I can live with it.
...for overthrowing Brian Hartline in OT. Finally, one of our receivers gets separation. That's when you have to hit them perfectly. Throw it a few inches shorter and we'll win this game. Again, I won't blame Tannehill for that. More often than not he was putting the ball where only his receivers could make a play but they didn't help him out.

Donald Thomas...
...for yet another fumble. That's two fumbles in two games this season. I'm willing to give him a few more games to see if this becomes a trend. And if it does, cut him.

The receivers...
...for not getting open AT ALL. We easily have the worst receiver corps in the league. Maybe in league history. They're just never open.

Anthony Armstrong...
...who seems to be even worse than Legedu Nanee. He had that drop on the slant, he couldn't keep his feet inbound after a nice catch, he doesn't get separation (but that's a problem of all our receivers)

Nolan Caroll...
...for two dumb penalties (I think there was also a play where I scratched my head but I can't remember the play). He shouldn't be on a football field, much less as a nickel corner.

Richard Marshall...
...for never turning his head around when defending a receiver. He shouldn't be our starting cornerback. He had a pretty good start to the game (the interception).

The pass rush...
...oh wait, can you blame something that is non-existent?! We always seem to be a step too slow. This has been a pattern for all three games now. Even Mark Sanchez looks like a decent QB if you give him that much time to throw!

Dan Carpenter...
...for missing not one but two FGs. See above, there's just no excuse for this performance.

What pisses me off the most is that we created a huge hole at WR and didn't even try to make up for it the entire off-season. All in all, I think we have very very few talent on the team but good coaches that seem to know what they're doing. I mean, we haven't been outcoached in the first three games this season. The Jets have worse coaches and the reason they won is that they have more talented players. If one of those plays mentioned above doesn't happen, we win this game. Let's put it the Jets game to rest and turn our attention to the Cardinals who are a surprising 3-0 and just at the right time we can come to their house and play the party crashers. Let's do it!

Look, it took us 7 games to learn a complete new offense, and for the Defense to get in Shape last year. So at 1-2 we are ahead of the game sort of speak. I don't think this offense is going to find it's rhythm until 4 games from now, we just have to hope they find ways to win a game or two and have a respectable record when we finally hit our stride.

Chris Clemons came out of his comfort zone today. He had a good game. Nice pick in the end zone. Saving grace if you ask me.

You could have picked Sanchez off with that pass, it was a duck. That was more on Sanchez than Clemons making a great play

The issue that i have is mostly with coaching decisions at "critical" moments. When we were at or near midfield, we were running the ball on 1st and 2nd down, leaving Tannehill in a position to make a 3rd and long throw. They did not show any confidence in him at that point, particularly after the interception, which is why they had Thomas run the ball on 3rd and 7. Okay, so you consistently run the ball while at mid-field, but when the kid is standing in the shadow of his own goal post at the end of the half, you have him throw the ball. The clock doesn't move, we don't get a first, and we punt the ball. The Jets would have had field position around the 45 yard line except they committed a stupid penalty and bailed our coaches out. To me, that is poor game management. Fast forward to the end of the game. Why is Tannehill launching the ball downfield NOW? You are already in field goal position!! Why are we running a one-back set and throwing the ball? Time is not a factor. We do not need a TD to win at this point. It makes no sense. If it was me, Javorskie Lane and Thomas (or Miller) is back there blasting the ball up the middle. Even if they only gain a handful of yards, it makes the FG that much closer for Carpenter (who had already missed from a similar distance). Also, I agree with just about everyone else who has questioned Naanee even being on the team at this point. Lamar Miller got his chance to perform and look how well he has done. Why not give that same chance to Matthews or Fuller (if he is even on our PS still). They ran freaking Clyde Gates on go-routes all last year, so you can't say that any of our other receivers is limited in what they can do. Just give them a chance for God's sake, and perhaps we might get even a hint of production from our other WR position.

Oh and P.S., Charles Clay is a massive disappointment to me. This guy, in this offense, should shine, and the fact that he doesn't even get an opportunity to have the ball thrown his way is very telling.

The issue that i have is mostly with coaching decisions at "critical" moments. When we were at or near midfield, we were running the ball on 1st and 2nd down, leaving Tannehill in a position to make a 3rd and long throw. They did not show any confidence in him at that point, particularly after the interception, which is why they had Thomas run the ball on 3rd and 7. Okay, so you consistently run the ball while at mid-field, but when the kid is standing in the shadow of his own goal post at the end of the half, you have him throw the ball. The clock doesn't move, we don't get a first, and we punt the ball. The Jets would have had field position around the 45 yard line except they committed a stupid penalty and bailed our coaches out. To me, that is poor game management. Fast forward to the end of the game. Why is Tannehill launching the ball downfield NOW? You are already in field goal position!! Why are we running a one-back set and throwing the ball? Time is not a factor. We do not need a TD to win at this point. It makes no sense. If it was me, Javorskie Lane and Thomas (or Miller) is back there blasting the ball up the middle. Even if they only gain a handful of yards, it makes the FG that much closer for Carpenter (who had already missed from a similar distance). Also, I agree with just about everyone else who has questioned Naanee even being on the team at this point. Lamar Miller got his chance to perform and look how well he has done. Why not give that same chance to Matthews or Fuller (if he is even on our PS still). They ran freaking Clyde Gates on go-routes all last year, so you can't say that any of our other receivers is limited in what they can do. Just give them a chance for God's sake, and perhaps we might get even a hint of production from our other WR position.

Oh and P.S., Charles Clay is a massive disappointment to me. This guy, in this offense, should shine, and the fact that he doesn't even get an opportunity to have the ball thrown his way is very telling.

I haven't questioned a whole lot of the play calling and decisions of this coaching staff yet but I about crapped when they threw the ball long on 2nd down in OT. We were moving the ball 3 and 4 yards a clip on the ground and had no time concerns. The Jets D was gassed, why thow a very low percentage play? We could have thrown a short pass or slant just as easy and maybe picked up the first but I will forever say that we should have run the ball on second down...with Miller!

Other than the second half last week, I don't see any West Coast in our offense.

Daniel Thomas is completely worthless.

On the 3rd down conversion, the outside was wide open with two blockers. Revis injury almost made the ****ty play worth it, but Thomas has the worst vision of any RB I've ever seen.

Daniel Thomas is completely worthless.

On the 3rd down conversion, the outside was wide open with two blockers. Revis injury almost made the ****ty play worth it, but Thomas has the worst vision of any RB I've ever seen.

LOL -- I mean seriously dude. To think those things is one thing. But don't say that the Revis injury made it "worth it." That freaking sucks for Revis, and sucks for the Jets. I'll certainly laud the Jets misfortune, but it's bad joo joo to say that the Revis injury makes it "worth it." Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom