The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Finfan86 said:
i was wondering what anyone predicts if Papelbon, lester or hansen will do anythign this year? are they worth taking flyer on in a deep fantasy keeper draft?

I'm planning on drafting all 3 personally. I think Papelbon is going to get some wins as well as holds and if Foulke goes down he might be the closer.

As for Hansen, I think he'll be up in May/June, depending on injuries. I don't see the Sox throwing him into the closer's role unless Foulke goes down and Papelbon is in the rotation.

As for Lester, word is he's going to come up mid July (ala Papelbon) and work out of the pen.

hmm ok well now the dilema is when? what pitchers do u think their draft position is equal to?

Well now the Indians have more outfielders then they need. Come to town Coco Crisp please..

GreenMonster said:
Well now the Indians have more outfielders then they need. Come to town Coco Crisp please..

We can only hope.. but if the Indians are still insisting the inclusion of Manny Delcarmen in a deal, then I think we should turn our attention elsewhere.

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Red Sox and Indians have agreed to the trade that would send Coco Crisp, David Riske and Josh Bard to Boston for Andy Marte, Guillermo Mota, Kelly Shoppach, a player to be named and cash.

Finfan86 said:
hmm ok well now the dilema is when? what pitchers do u think their draft position is equal to?

Geez that's a tough question. I think you could probably get Papelbon around the 15th to 20th round or so (depending of course on how many Red Sox fans are in the draft) considering he's going to be a middle reliever to start the season. I think to tell whether Papelbon is close to being picked depends on when guys like Zach Duke, Hayden Penn, Kyle Davies are picked.

Lester and Hansen I'd say get around 25th to 30th round, again depending on how many rounds their are. In my opinion I'd pick Lester before Hansen because Hansen will probably be an 8th inning guy until Foulke leaves.

Just heard it on Fox Sports New England, the Celtics Postgame show, it's official Coco Crisp is now a member of the Boston Red Sox.

Don't know the details of the players involved yet.. they didn't say. However, I'm guessing it's going to be Marte, Mota, Shoppach, PTNL and cash heading to Cleveland in exchange for Crisp, Riske and Bard.

It is official:

Crisp, Riske, Bard for Marte, Mota, Shoppach and a cash or PTBNL

Also Alex Gonzalez is going to sign any day with the Sox. The holes are filling up with plenty of trading chips still left (Wells, Clement, Tony Graffinano).

First off Damon sucks ok now that is out the way let go redsox baby all the way

aboome said:
First off Damon sucks ok now that is out the way let go redsox baby all the way

Welcome aboard man... we always love to add more Red Sox fans to this thread. The thread is going to be around all season long... hope to have you here over the long haul.

We have a pretty large group of Red Sox fans on this board..

Ray Finkle said:
It is official:

Crisp, Riske, Bard for Marte, Mota, Shoppach and a cash or PTBNL

Also Alex Gonzalez is going to sign any day with the Sox. The holes are filling up with plenty of trading chips still left (Wells, Clement, Tony Graffinano).

About time.. Now if we could get something useful for Wells and Clement that would rock. I don't think Graffinano will be going anywhere for a while, although you never know. We need a player like him of the bench since he can play a few spots, Cora can't hit..

I'm going on record saying I don't care nor will I get mad if Gonzalez bats .230 but plays gold glove defense at SS.

GreenMonster said:
About time.. Now if we could get something useful for Wells and Clement that would rock. I don't think Graffinano will be going anywhere for a while, although you never know. We need a player like him of the bench since he can play a few spots, Cora can't hit..

I agree, I want Tony to stay, he can play all 4 infield positions, has a decent bat and can play a little corner OF too.

Wells or Clement has to go. I'd try to trade Clement to the Reds with Brandon Moss for Austin Kearns.

Ray Finkle said:
I'm going on record saying I don't care nor will I get mad if Gonzalez bats .230 but plays gold glove defense at SS.

I totally agree, just don't muck 30+ balls this year and you should be ok. He can bat 8th or 9th and will find some balls to hit down there. To me this is a good signing, we should score plenty of runs again this year.

Back
Top Bottom