The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

GreenMonster said:
Willie Harris in left.. Should have let Coco play left and put Pena in at CF.. Harris does bring his .129 avg to the plate.. :fire:

Wily Mo is on DL with a sore wrist. That's why Harris is playing (as I write this Harris just got a 2 out single).

Ray Finkle said:
Wily Mo is on DL with a sore wrist. That's why Harris is playing (as I write this Harris just got a 2 out single).

Man I have been out of the loop, they put Pena on the DL for that.. How long did they think he would be out.. I also thought Manny would play today, how much longer on him..

GreenMonster said:
Man I have been out of the loop, they put Pena on the DL for that.. How long did they think he would be out.. I also thought Manny would play today, how much longer on him..

I'm assuming that Manny will be back on Monday. His back and knee is bothering him.

As for Wily Mo, who knows. They said his injury wasn't as serious and now he's on the DL. I think its more of a rest up now and don't hurt it more now that Coco is back.

The Sox are going to blow this game, 5 walks no hits and 3 runs right now with the bases still loaded. We need help either from the minors (hello Hansen, Delcarmen and Edgar Martinez).

I understand that you can't use Foulke or Papelbon today and with Timlin now on the DL we're hurting. But Saenez sucked today. How could you walk 3 guys up by 5?

Mirabelli killed us on Taveras first batter. The game should have been over but Mirabelli let strike 3 go by him.

Theo better get on the phone and make some calls. How about bringing Scott Williamson back? I know the guy gets hurt a lot but he pitched very well here.

Great throw by Willie Harris. Thanks Gatheright for blowing the game for your team.

Thank god that inning is over. What a disaster. I think it's time to give Seanez his pink slip.

GreenMonster said:

They rested Manny to gear up for series' v. Tor, Det, NYY respectively.

Apparently, Manny was good to go today and actually didn't want/need the day off.

Ray Finkle said:
The Sox are going to blow this game, 5 walks no hits and 3 runs right now with the bases still loaded. We need help either from the minors (hello Hansen, Delcarmen and Edgar Martinez).

I understand that you can't use Foulke or Papelbon today and with Timlin now on the DL we're hurting. But Saenez sucked today. How could you walk 3 guys up by 5?

Mirabelli killed us on Taveras first batter. The game should have been over but Mirabelli let strike 3 go by him.

Theo better get on the phone and make some calls. How about bringing Scott Williamson back? I know the guy gets hurt a lot but he pitched very well here.

Excuse me?? Timilin on the DL??

WHY?

FiN.in.RI said:
Excuse me?? Timilin on the DL??

WHY?

Tired arm. Thank you World Baseball Classic. Now we have to put the game in the hands of Foulke. On the plus side maybe Francona will give Delcarmen the ball and see what he can do finally.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I can't wait until Boston brings up Dustin Pedroia...hopefully it will be some time this year.

Well that all depends on whether the Sox feel he could be a good replacement at SS because he's not going to take over 2nd base. I'd like to see him up at some point too. He'll most likely get the call for September calls ups. Maybe sooner if the Sox feel that Gonzalez is too much of a black hole in the line up.

Ray Finkle said:
Well that all depends on whether the Sox feel he could be a good replacement at SS because he's not going to take over 2nd base. I'd like to see him up at some point too. He'll most likely get the call for September calls ups. Maybe sooner if the Sox feel that Gonzalez is too much of a black hole in the line up.

which he has been so far. I like Loretta at 2nd though.

Back
Top Bottom