The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

I think Gary, Keith and Ron are phenomenal. I almost think Ron's TOO good...he's going to get poached by FOX or ESPN someday. Mex too, for that matter.

And good God, what an improvement over Howie Rose, Fran Healy and Ralph Kiner.
Rose I coud live with, the other two definitely detracted from his performance.

Healy had marbles in his mouth and Kiner was slurring his words the last few seasons.

so much for olie being a new olie... 7bb in 2.2 innings :shakeno:
not like he was giving up tons of hits, he just couldnt throw a strike.

I dont even want to see his whip right now. :err:

Right now, the absolute worst are the Braves' announcers. TBS has never had much of a crew worth listening to, but they're like listening to ocean waves.

I was watching the Muts/Phils game on mlb.com tonight. Through the first five innings the announcers had not discussed the game one time. Seriously. Nothing but off-topic chatter since the 1st. My interpretation is that it is a kind of arrogance. They assume the Mets will win every game, win the division ... so why bother being caught up in the drama of the game. Given that my video feed occasionally stalls, I can't tell what's happening from the audio. The game might as well be in rain delay. Where's Mel Allen? :rolleyes2

I think Gary, Keith and Ron are phenomenal. I almost think Ron's TOO good...he's going to get poached by FOX or ESPN someday. Mex too, for that matter.

And good God, what an improvement over Howie Rose, Fran Healy and Ralph Kiner.
I agree, they do a great job and also agree about Darling will be on FOX or ESPN someday, but not Keith and only because you never know what he is going to say as funny as he is and in this PC world no one will want to take that risk.

The worst part is that he got the first four batters out, and the first two of the 3rd inning out. Damn it. I had just begun to believe in Ollie.

I was watching the Muts/Phils game on mlb.com tonight. Through the first five innings the announcers had not discussed the game one time. Seriously. Nothing but off-topic chatter since the 1st. My interpretation is that it is a kind of arrogance. They assume the Mets will win every game, win the division ... so why bother being caught up in the drama of the game. Given that my video feed occasionally stalls, I can't tell what's happening from the audio. The game might as well be in rain delay. Where's Mel Allen? :rolleyes2
Don't know what to tell you. I had to catch it on XM until the 7th. But, your interpretation is kind of funny. When there isn't much to interpret, people tend to project negatively... especially when they're already depressed about their own situation.
The Mets broadcasters have fun all game. Hernandez is always off the cuff, and Darling gives solid insight without being robotic. I enjoy their broadcast very much, and didn't always appreciate the Mets' broadcasters in the past. They were very average for a long time.

The worst part is that he got the first four batters out, and the first two of the 3rd inning out. Damn it. I had just begun to believe in Ollie.

yeah, he had me fooled too... check this, my cousin asks me if there is anyone worth picking up as a sleeper in fantasy ball, so i tell him john maine and olie (although i did warn him that olie is still a question mark).

john maine's next start he is knocked out after 4 innings w/ 6bb, and then olie pitches like he should be in AA. gosh!

yeah, he had me fooled too... check this, my cousin asks me if there is anyone worth picking up as a sleeper in fantasy ball, so i tell him john maine and olie (although i did warn him that olie is still a question mark).

john maine's next start he is knocked out after 4 innings w/ 6bb, and then olie pitches like he should be in AA. gosh!
lol, I've got Maine, and Ollie in one of my leagues (had to auto draft and got screwed..) Maine will be fine. IMO your friend won't hate you for that one. Who knows about Ollie though. I could have sworn he had it turned around. Hopefully it was just jitters being in front of NY for the first time this year, or just cold.

jose is just a freakin stud! way to keep the rbis coming..
i was disapointed to see rollins have 2 hrs at shea... try to walk the talk.
oh well, we take the series.

Phils drop to 2-8....you can count them out of the hunt this year...they are absolutely horrible. I think it is a two team match between the Muts and Braves. Florida should finish 3rd. Nats and Phils will battle for 5th. I am looking forward to Charlie Manuel being fired soon. :rolleyes2

Phils drop to 2-8....you can count them out of the hunt this year...they are absolutely horrible. I think it is a two team match between the Muts and Braves. Florida should finish 3rd. Nats and Phils will battle for 5th. I am looking forward to Charlie Manuel being fired soon. :rolleyes2
Im not counting you out because your 3 studs have carried that team before but this is how i figured the phils would be. The bats will probably heat up when the weather gets warmer but I still see them hovering a few games above/below 500

They were 9-17 last year

This isn't the first time they've lost 8 of their first 11 games in April. In fact it's a consistent occurrence this decade. That doesn't mean it's right and wont cost them come September, but the season is HARDLY over 11 games in.

well i went to yesterdays game and it was a beautiful day out. Today on the other hand is nasty out. Lots of rain and cold weather. The game is already set on a rain delay today and I don't think they are going to get it it...

back to back rainouts...todays game officially PPD

Back
Top Bottom