The 2019 Plan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2019 Plan

I think Sitton and James are contract decisions. Unless Sitton has too much dead cap to be expendable, I expect him to be let go. James is unlikely to be resigned. But who knows, there are always some surprises.

If the goal is a competitive team, I think Sitton stays, rather than look for two OGs. If the goal is field warm bodies, I agree, he's gone. Sometimes teams have to grit their teeth and overpay to keep from making holes deeper.

Is tanking even a serious option? Is a new coaching team gonna be prepared to do that? Are players gonna be happy writing off one of the few seasons they get to play in the NFL? Isn't there a chance that good young players like X, minkah, tunsil could regress and have a negative effect on them in the long run?

Always hear about who the dolphins gonna let go, but never who they are gonna get with that money.

Is tanking even a serious option? Is a new coaching team gonna be prepared to do that? Are players gonna be happy writing off one of the few seasons they get to play in the NFL? Isn't there a chance that good young players like X, minkah, tunsil could regress and have a negative effect on them in the long run?

An NFL tank doesn't mean getting rid of top young players. They will keep what they see as a core. Flores, if the tank is factual, was promised 4 years - 1 to throw away and 3 to make it work.

I'm not really a supporter of tanking. I'm a supporter of moving on from MOST of your high priced veterans if the dead money isn't too much, not resigning vets like Wake/Gore, keeping your good young core players, not spending big in free agency and letting the chips fall as they may. If it's me and I can get Ryan Tannehill to play for less than his dead cap hit (13M) that is exactly what I would do. We aren't trying to win anyway so I don't want to sign a free agent QB for more than 13m per (Bridgewater, Foles, Flacco) and I don't want to watch a ham and egger like Brock, Fales, Falk or Rudock for 16 games. I also look to trade down in the draft for 2020 picks so after I go likely 5-11 or 6-10 I'll have the ammo to go up a little higher and get my QB next year.

Being between 4-12 and 7-9 seems more likely than 1-15 - 3-13.

That's the question!!!

Sounds like nobody in 2019. Like I keep saying I've never seen a team leak through the media that they are tanking and will believe it when I see it but until proven otherwise I'm going to act like that's the plan. We'll know as soon as QB X wins the job.

Harris can go. He hasn't even shown a spark let alone a fire. No way does he suddenly become a solid player for another team. 2 seasons is enough for me.

Why would you want to get rid of Stills? He's the best deep threat on the team and it's most productive TD scorer of all the pass catchers.

Not saying this is the case but quite often, many fans have a personal agenda against Stills due to his allegiance to Kapernick's stand against injustice. They don't care what his on the field value is.

I stated awhile back, that this is the offseason to dump aging vets and big contracts.

This draft, I believe you stay true to your board and value. If a talent is there, take it. If you can fall back a few spots and gain a asset, do it. This draft, I hope is about rebuilding the trenches. Period. I want guards, centers, dts, NTS, and a something in the LB Corp that resembles a run stopper.

New contracts, I'm very blunt, keep them at a minimum and make sure you are not over paying.

It's not about 2019, as much as it is 2020, 2021....the out years.

This offseason really is something to watch going forward. Development in 2019 should be the main course.

Harris can go. He hasn't even shown a spark let alone a fire. No way does he suddenly become a solid player for another team. 2 seasons is enough for me.

I'm not advocating for Harris but I found this interesting.

Quinn played 344 pass snaps and had 7 sacks 9 QB hits and 23 hurries so he had 39 positive plays. At 344 snaps his 39 positive plays equals a positive play every 8.8 snaps.

Harris played 172 pass snaps and had 1 sack 3 QB hits and 16 hurries and had 20 positive plays. At 172 snaps his 20 positive plays equals a positive play every 8.6 snaps.

Harris played 172 pass snaps and had 1 sack 3 QB hits and 16 hurries and had 20 positive plays. At 172 snaps his 20 positive plays equals a positive play every 8.6 snaps.
Nice post. But....Sacks? 1? He was a 1st rounder. 2 seasons in I'm sure I'm not alone expecting better. Harris hasn't lived up to his pick. Not his fault but I can only go on his value and What I've seen. He's in the Parker category. Over reached and overboard on a pirate ship in my opinion.

If your owner is on board, yes its possible.

Nice post. But....Sacks? 1? He was a 1st rounder. 2 seasons in I'm sure I'm not alone expecting better. Harris hasn't lived up to his pick. Not his fault but I can only go on his value and What I've seen. He's in the Parker category. Over reached and overboard on a pirate ship in my opinion.

There’s just no reason to let go of Harris is a rebuilding year. Odds are he never lives up to his draft status but if there’s ever a time to play him a lot it’s now.

On Def-
Reshad will be back
Jalen Davis, Mo Smith and Tank will be given opportunity to compete.
Charles Harris will return.
Woodward will be given chance.

On Off:
Gesicki and Smythe will be back.
Carroo will have shot
Brendel will have shot. Likely depth.

Needs:
QB - C - G - RT - DT - DE - CB -LB - S
2 year build

Back
Top Bottom