The 2021 NFL draft quarterback class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2021 NFL draft quarterback class

So if the Chargers go to the playoffs and the Dolphins don’t , you’re saying Herbert is better?

I'm saying I don't know if Herbert is better than Tua or not. Secondly, I'm saying that all of you that have always done nothing but doubt, criticize, trash, and question Tua are either clueless, biased, or both.

It's not difficult to grasp.

i think alot of the talking heads want to be able to say told you so long term just as much as short term. Thats why some times they do jump on tools over talent.

Other than Mac, the other 4 QB's that came out this year, along with Herbert have a lot better tools to work with than tua. The talking heads are just taking a gamble that the tools are going to take over in the pros. ive said it before, we can dink and dunk all day long down the field with accurate 4-5 yard passes if it puts points on the board. It would be pretty if the WR's didnt have to slow down on some of the floaters, but so be it, as long as we dont lose cause of an underthrown deep pass

I'm saying I don't know if Herbert is better than Tua or not. Secondly, I'm saying that all of you that have always done nothing but doubt, criticize, trash, and question Tua are either clueless, biased, or both.

It's not difficult to grasp.

No I actually advocated drafting Tua over Herbert. But the criticism is warranted.
Don’t cry because you’re being called on it. It’s all in fun.

No I actually advocated drafting Tua over Herbert. But the criticism is warranted.
Don’t cry because you’re being called on it. It’s all in fun.

Well most of the criticism isn't warranted. Without Tua the dolphins are still the same old lolphins. They can't win a football game without him.

Who's going to win it?

The truth is that Tua probably saved his head coach's job and the GM's job. That's what a special player does.

Some of you act like the point isn't to find a quarterback that wins games. You act like the point is to find the tallest guy with the strongest arm that loses but impresses the geeks on TV. Their job doesn't rely on if the QB wins or loses.

Here's the deal - there's only around a dozen plays over the course of an entire NFL season that anyone can point to and make a case that arm strength would've made a difference. As long as a quarterback's arm meets the threshold, the excess doesn't matter. Tua's arm more than meets the threshold. However, you can point to plays every single series of downs throughout a season where other qualities such as decision making, accuracy, timing, instincts, and football IQ would've made a difference.

That's why all these other QB's are struggling no matter how physically talented they are. None of it matters in terms of winning football games.

I'm not sure what you mean by being called out. Nothing would please me more than seeing Miami move Tua so he can get on with his career and get away from that trash organization and it's pravda media. With Waddle right behind him.

Trade tua to saint.

Well, Fiedler had a very good team around him. You continue to dodge the question. I'm looking for the explanation into how a QB as great as Justin Herbert has a losing record as a starter in the NFL, and how he lost to a CFL quarterback like Tua.

Herbert big arm, bazooka throws and wowser play! Tua weak arm, short throw, small skinny boy

We're in the midst of witnessing historic levels of accuracy by Tua behind a line that is improving but has been downright dreadful at times this year.

Hard to say with certainty at this juncture we picked the wrong guy

Pick six by Brandin Echols also had nothing to do with arm strength or velocity. It was the result of a bad decision on a poorly designed play - and an even worse route by a TE split out wide as if he's going to threat a 4.36 cornerback.

When you throw outside the numbers on a 5 yard hitch, you can't throw that ball if the DB isn't even forced to backpedal. First, Echols was playing inside leverage (wasn't expecting Safety help to the inside) which means he's defending the sideline. He's leveraging anything inside and reacting to anything outside. He's got his butt turned to the sideline with his eyes locked on Tua the whole time. He was expecting exactly what happened.

He doesn't even have to backpedal and be forced to click and close. Long just runs to his landmark and stops - doesn't trace back up his stem and work back to the QB to create any separation.

You have to trace back up the stem towards the QB on any nonbreaking route in order to create some separation. It's an incompetent play from a design, execution, and personnel standpoint.

As I mentioned before, go watch Pete Carmichael's offense. You'll get to see it Monday night. Guaranteed you won't see any nonbreaking routes outside the numbers that aren't working back to the quarterback. Especially by a TE matched up on a 4.3 DB.

Furthermore, a lefty throwing that route to his dominant side is the same as a righty throwing it to his dominant side.

It takes longer for the ball to come out because you have to open up your hips more to get your lead toe pointed at the target and then transfer your weight. It’s a longer process.

Oh you sneaky Oregon Herbert. 🤣

Calm down Justin. Fortunately for you, the NFL propaganda machine won’t let the “him tall have big arm” angle go unnoticed in another woeful performance.

Nor will they focus on you getting stomped by Davis Mills and the lowly Texans. Or your 14-16 record as a starting QB in the NFL.

All their criticism is reserved for someone special. 🤣

Oh you sneaky Oregon Herbert. 🤣

Calm down Justin. Fortunately for you, the NFL propaganda machine won’t let the “him tall have big arm” angle go unnoticed in another woeful performance.

Nor will they focus on you getting stomped by Davis Mills and the lowly Texans. Or your 14-16 record as a starting QB in the NFL.

All their criticism is reserved for someone special. 🤣
To be fair, Herbert made two big mistakes today in their loss. Tua made two mistakes against the Jets last week. The difference was the Chargers defense blew chunks today as well.

Herbert is good. But I don't think he's the golden God some have annointed him.

FWIW, QBR of 2020 class from last year + this year and the 2021 class so far their rookie year:

Burrow: 48.5 as a rookie, 48.9 entering today (probably moved up to 53 or so now)
Tua: 44.8 as a rookie, 56.4 this year
Herbert: 62.6 as a rookie, 66.2 this year (probably about 65 now)
Love: hasn't played enough

Lawrence: 31.6 entering today
Lance: hasn't played enough
Wilson: 22.6 entering today
Fields: 25.2 entering today
Jones: 52.2 entering today (will drop to about 50 after today)

Back
Top Bottom