The 49’rs Pick in 2022 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 49’rs Pick in 2022

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
What am I missing here. Checking Tankathon, the 49’rs pick (which will be ours) is currently at #19.

Their record is 6-6. Yet the Raiders are picking at #14, Browns at #15, with the same record and a harder SOS.

They also have identical possible mistakes all throughout.

What’s happening here? My understanding is that the order goes by record, and tied records are ranked from easiest SOS to hardest going down the list.

What am I missing here. Checking Tankathon, the 49’rs pick (which will be ours) is currently at #19.

Their record is 6-6. Yet the Raiders are picking at #14, Browns at #15, with the same record and a harder SOS.

What’s happening here? My understanding is that the order goes by record, and tied records are ranked from easiest SOS to hardest going down the list.
I noticed the same. With Miami having a bye next week, I think you'll see a more truer and clearer draft order, with most teams having played an equal amount of games.

Record does not matter for playoff teams. If you make the playoffs, you pick later than all teams that failed to make the playoffs. Since the 49ers are currently projected to make the playoffs, their pick is later than all non playoff teams (Browns, Raiders, etc)

I'm not sure which teams have the harder sos, but the common mistake people make is:

Remember when teams are tied the team with the harder strength of schedule goes on top of the team with weaker sos, for example if team are pushing for a playoff spot the hard sos would get in and the lower sos would be out So wwhat people lose track of is that things are reversed in terms of draft order If the hard sos teams are ahead of the other teams in the standing than the weaker sos teams would be ahead in the draft order because the draft order is going in order of the worst teams to best teams.

Also as NPen13 mentioned above the draft order of the playoff teams would come after the non playoff teams regardless of record So or example an 8-8 team winning division A would still pick after a 10-6 that didn't earn a wildcard spot.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the 49rs will shake out somewhere around 15/16, as will the Fins. Neither team looks like geniuses and neither looks dumb for the trade.

Niners play Cincy, Houston, Atlanta, Tennessee and LAR. Doubt they go 1-4, doubt they go 4-1 either so realistically 9-8 or 8-9.

Sooooooo many teams hovering around the .500 mark it’s so hard to guess where the pick might end up.

SOS is going to be huge this year. I’m definitely rooting hard against the NFC West the rest of the way.

SoS is garbage this year. We are assigned AFC South, and two teams there have 2-10 record, JAX and HOU. Plus we play the Jets twice and the Jets are 3-9. That is 10-38 record of three of our opponents. The SoS is skewed and now basically NE, BUF and we have the same low strength of schedule because of that.

The Eagle fans were thinking they would have 3 picks in top 10 six weeks ago. The Eagles were playing awful and the Dolphins were 1-7. The Colts were struggling and it looked like all three teams would end up with records which would give the Eagles those 3 top ten picks.

Six weeks later and the Eagles, Colts, and Dolphins have all been playing a lot better and right now the Eagles aren’t projected to have a single pick in the top ten. I have a good friend who is a huge Eagles fan and he roots harder for the Dolphins and Colts to lose than he roots for the Eagles to win.

SF will make the playoffs. Not because they're great but that conference has ONE division with more than one team having a winning record which happens to be the NFC west.So the best we can hope for is pick 19 if they indeed get in which I believe they will

SF will make the playoffs. Not because they're great but that conference has ONE division with more than one team having a winning record which happens to be the NFC west.So the best we can hope for is pick 19 if they indeed get in which I believe they will
Logical. But let's hope that don't.

Its possible SF doesn't get in. I think it could come down to them and Atlanta in a week or two.

Our best scenario probably
ESPN playoff machine

We need to win out our get a ton of help.

I'm expecting Miami to be picking in the 21- 27 range.

Good talent should be available.

Feels like Devin Lloyd / ILB Utah

Back
Top Bottom