The 5 guys.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 5 guys..........

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins could be a great team... they have the defense, there is no doubting that.... The D has kept us in many games... and even won a few, but its the other side of the ball that let us down......

Think of all the sacks, the sacks and fumbles, by both Fiedler and Griese... Think of all the hurried passes, think of all the times Ricky got stuffed in the backfield.... these 5 guys are directly responsible and should accept the blame.....

Think of the Indy game where Buckley intercepted the ball in the last 2 minutes and all the offense had to do was move the ball 20 something yards... but no, these 5 guys decided they didn't want to win and so they played turnstile football... Yes thats right, I am talking about our offensive front line...

Smith, Nails, Ruddy, Perry and Wade... these are the guys that let the team down, let the coach down, let the owner down and let us fan down..... These are the 5 guys that contributed more to each loss than any defensive player, either QB's and even Mare is off the hook with the 2 missed field goals against the Pats....

Many of you guys blame Norv or some of you blame Dave.. its true, they are the top dogs that should be ultimately responsible for the success or failure of the team.. but its really hard to call a running play when Ricky gets stuffed for a 3 yard loss.. or its hard to execute a pass play when guys are breathing down Jays or Brians throat all day.....

What I find funny is with all the blitzes the opp's have thrown at us.. why haven't we returned the favor with our blitzing?? oh well.. I guess we should save that for another day..

In my opinion.. this was the year.. we were going to the Superbowl.. we had to because next year the core of defense is set to deteriorate... Timbo already announced "he is done", which I can only assume means he is done as a Phin... Madison has an ego that probably would prevent him from renegotiating his contract.. Jr will probably retire from football after this disappointing season.. and who knows about O-gun.. he is sooo good, we probably cant afford him...

Next year we will enter into a rebuild year.. new coach, and probably new OC... I doubt we will have a veteran QB because both Jay and Brian will be too expensive and I can not see any hope in the near future for success...

So I wish to thank these 5 guys, Smith, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, Wade and even tho Dixon didn't play once this year.. I wish to thank him also for his contributions to a dismal year... Thanks guys.. you took from us... no.. you guys down right killed a little bit of each and every one of your fans...

You 5 guys ruined our football year..... Thanks

Excellent post. RW and Jay and our offense is struggling because the O-lIne is sucking in a big way. Wade Smith has been dominated but you can't expect him to be an All-Star when he is a 3rd Round Pick Rookie. Mark Dixon and Tim Ruddy both are leaders for our front line and for Dixon to be out and not play hurt us in a big way. Nails is still not fully recovered from his injury, so our whole left side is not up to speed so to say. But you are right, the 5 men up front are to blame for our losses. Not Jay, not RW, not Wanny...the 5 men up front. It all starts up front.

BTW, our season and Super Bowl hopes are not over.

Originally posted by Prime Time
BTW, our season and Super Bowl hopes are not over.

LOL.. always the homer...

Tell me its going to be ok when my wife runs off with my best friend, my daughter says she is gonna marry a convicted murderer on death row.. My son busted in the room while I had my boss over for dinner to announced he is gay.. the car is repo'd and the IRS just siezed my bank accounts... I will turn to you Primtime for your words of encouragement and bright outlook.. :)

OK and I will give you advice. I am a homer, maybe the biggest one here. The season is not over, we can win out and win the SB. Weirder things have happened in the NFL. This is far from over, and If our players have a point to prove is that they are not done. I am more worried about the Buffalo game then Philly. This is not over.

Originally posted by Jeep

LOL.. always the homer...

Tell me its going to be ok when my wife runs off with my best friend, my daughter says she is gonna marry a convicted murderer on death row.. My son busted in the room while I had my boss over for dinner to announced he is gay.. the car is repo'd and the IRS just siezed my bank accounts... I will turn to you Primtime for your words of encouragement and bright outlook.. :)

there is always light at the end of the tunnel...

Your season is clearly not over, as you only have to beat out the Broncos by 1 game over the final 3, but how is the mental state of the team after that debacle in the snow??

Good post. I started a thread yesterday named "Why not blame the offensive line???" It is exactly the same context you used in this thread. We are "here" on this topic ;) Our offensive line destroyed a potentially great season for us and the players of our team. I hope we still make the playoffs though, the Fins have a chance of winning it's last three games. Two of them are at home, and anything can happen in the playoffs. All I know is, during the offseason, they need to dismantle the whole offensive line and primarily focus on that in the offseason and draft.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Your season is clearly not over, as you only have to beat out the Broncos by 1 game over the final 3, but how is the mental state of the team after that debacle in the snow??

That's a good question. I don't know what their mental state is at this time, I'm sure its a lot of frustration over the offensive production. I know some of the defensive players have to be fed up with this too. Hopefully they can keep it together and grind it out the next three games. After all, over the last four games, this team is 3-1. Philly can be beat. They've been winning their games, but none of them were in dominating fashion. Most games the were dominated statiscally, but they still eeked out the wins. Mistake free ball will win this game.

I'm not saying this will be an easy win. Philly is a very tough team, and they live off their opponents mistakes. We make a mistake and they will make us pay.

Many of you guys blame Norv or some of you blame Dave.. its true, they are the top dogs that should be ultimately responsible for the success or failure of the team.. but its really hard to call a running play when Ricky gets stuffed for a 3 yard loss.. or its hard to execute a pass play when guys are breathing down Jays or Brians throat all day.....

In my opinion.. this was the year.. we were going to the Superbowl.. [/B]

Wanny does in fact share a large part of the blame.
Wanny is a head coach that fully knew he had a team that should challenge for a title this year. For a coach in that situation to go into that season depending on a rookie to fill the most important position on the OL.... LT, with no and I mean zero backup, not even a scrubb like Spriggs which could have been retained for basically nothing...... that decision is pure stupidity.

Next year we will enter into a rebuild year.. new coach, and probably new OC... I doubt we will have a veteran QB because both Jay and Brian will be too expensive and I can not see any hope in the near future for success... [/B]

Don't agree here. The removal of Fiedler and Griese is something to embrace and a good thing for Dolphin football. It isn't without precedent that a team can bring in a new QB and make a serious run if the other pieces of the team are together.

So I wish to thank these 5 guys, Smith, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, Wade and even tho Dixon didn't play once this year.. I wish to thank him also for his contributions to a dismal year... Thanks guys.. you took from us... no.. you guys down right killed a little bit of each and every one of your fans....

You 5 guys ruined our football year..... Thanks [/B]

To only blame these 5 guys is rubbish. Especially Wade Smith. What the hell do you expect from a rookie. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to realize that there is no way a rookie OL can do enough of a job to help a team that is expected to go deep into the playoffs. Only Wanny expected such. :rolleyes:
Wade Smith deserves zero blame, it is the fool of a coach that put him in that situation that gets the blame. The QB position was a crutch yet again this year along with that OL and the WR acquisition made to upgrade that position was a bust as well. The only difference this year from the last few was that the OL was just as bad as the QB and receiver positions. Because of that our running game was taken away completely and the whole offense became a joke at that point.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Excellent post. RW and Jay and our offense is struggling because the O-lIne is sucking in a big way. Wade Smith has been dominated but you can't expect him to be an All-Star when he is a 3rd Round Pick Rookie. Mark Dixon and Tim Ruddy both are leaders for our front line and for Dixon to be out and not play hurt us in a big way. Nails is still not fully recovered from his injury, so our whole left side is not up to speed so to say. But you are right, the 5 men up front are to blame for our losses. Not Jay, not RW, not Wanny...the 5 men up front. It all starts up front.

Jay was here in past years when the OL was playing very well.
Same numbers and same results then as now.
Jay just has less time to set up and make his bad decisions this year.

As for mental state, the word around the camp fire is that the defense is seething at the offense beneath their breath but will hold their tongue until the season is decided. The talk is that they have no problems with the play-calling but are upset with the players.

In fact, ricky said that some defensive players were telling the offense to get them "3" AND THEY WOULD SET UP THE WINNING "3".

Frustration is the word.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should have started McKinney Jerman and Yates. They did better than the starters and are hungry. Wanny figueres he'll die by the starters.

Originally posted by Sherif
We should have started McKinney Jerman and Yates. They did better than the starters and are hungry. Wanny figueres he'll die by the starters.

These guys growing in experience and Wade Smith GROWING period are hope for next years success.

How could you not blame Wanny in any way...okay lets see here...I'll think of one reason to blame him...

He counted on an injury prone o-linemen to protect the QB...who could that be...Dixon yes Dixon. We went after a LT in the offseason and the Saints outbid us for him....as someone else has stated...

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...and we settled on a rookie LT...Wanny is a genius I say...

Some fans will say...ya but we tried to get a LT...please...they did not try hard enough then.

Let's Go Dolphins!!!

Back
Top Bottom