The 5 guys.......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 5 guys..........

While it is true that the front five are the ones who didn't actually do the playing, I agree with Trekbiz's earlier post (in my opinion, Trek, The OL has never been "playing very well". Average, maybe, but not well). This complete offensive failure is on DW. His ENTIRE coaching philosophy, one that he sticks to stubbornly and uncreatively, is based on controlling the offensive line of scrimmage. Everything. Conservative, ball control offense, a speedy, undersized, defense that can't be on the field too long, even special teams is molded towards field position (offense taking advantage of result). I find it unfathomable that with so much "plan" invested in the need for offensive control, that DW would have let it ride with the same crumbling, aged, average group of blockers as last year yet still was expecting better results. Not one significant off-season move in the most important aspect of his coaching philosophy. Shame.

32yrfinfan started to beat me to it. I agree with the original post except for the actual tone directed at the players. Ruined my "football year"......please.....these guys are destroying their bodies and most have already been through more surgeries then almost anyone else here I bet and will have more physical problems in the future then you will !! Not all of them may be pro-bowl material or in the top 5 in the league in their respective positions but I believe some respect and goodwill is due to them for the time they have played for us and doing their best, and still getting the crap kicked out of them day in and day out.

They are here.....simply as a personnel decision and it is their job.

So on that note, Goodbye and Good Luck wherever they end up :) (even more luck if they are still here)...

These five guys represent 5.5 million of an 80 million dollar payroll.

Let's see here. 5 guys out of a total of 22 players on the field for about 95% of the game.

Remarkable! You just cited that just under 20% of the "fielded" team that only accounts for 7% of the salary has ruined our season.

The "five guys" played to their ability.

Their ability is what should be questioned.

That question falls right in the lap of Dave Spielman or Rick Wannestedt. Take your choice.

Rebuilding? Why?

Our Defense is suddenly going to suck next season? Newsflash..Our Defense is playing THE BEST it has ever played with this core group of players. And we dont have a ton of big name free agents lose on it, either.

From what I hear, we're not looking to be in financial straits, either. So why disband the team?

We should have started McKinney Jerman and Yates. They did better than the starters and are hungry. Wanny figueres he'll die by the starters.

Right there with you Sherif. I really liked the way those guys played. Start them Monday against Philly. Hell, they can NOT play worse than our starters!

Originally posted by Sherif
We should have started McKinney Jerman and Yates. They did better than the starters and are hungry. Wanny figueres he'll die by the starters.

I agree. They are far from great but they have done a better job than who we currently are starting.

Originally posted by Jeep
The Dolphins could be a great team... they have the defense, there is no doubting that.... The D has kept us in many games... and even won a few, but its the other side of the ball that let us down......

Think of all the sacks, the sacks and fumbles, by both Fiedler and Griese... Think of all the hurried passes, think of all the times Ricky got stuffed in the backfield.... these 5 guys are directly responsible and should accept the blame.....

Think of the Indy game where Buckley intercepted the ball in the last 2 minutes and all the offense had to do was move the ball 20 something yards... but no, these 5 guys decided they didn't want to win and so they played turnstile football... Yes thats right, I am talking about our offensive front line...

Smith, Nails, Ruddy, Perry and Wade... these are the guys that let the team down, let the coach down, let the owner down and let us fan down..... These are the 5 guys that contributed more to each loss than any defensive player, either QB's and even Mare is off the hook with the 2 missed field goals against the Pats....

Many of you guys blame Norv or some of you blame Dave.. its true, they are the top dogs that should be ultimately responsible for the success or failure of the team.. but its really hard to call a running play when Ricky gets stuffed for a 3 yard loss.. or its hard to execute a pass play when guys are breathing down Jays or Brians throat all day.....

What I find funny is with all the blitzes the opp's have thrown at us.. why haven't we returned the favor with our blitzing?? oh well.. I guess we should save that for another day..

In my opinion.. this was the year.. we were going to the Superbowl.. we had to because next year the core of defense is set to deteriorate... Timbo already announced "he is done", which I can only assume means he is done as a Phin... Madison has an ego that probably would prevent him from renegotiating his contract.. Jr will probably retire from football after this disappointing season.. and who knows about O-gun.. he is sooo good, we probably cant afford him...

Next year we will enter into a rebuild year.. new coach, and probably new OC... I doubt we will have a veteran QB because both Jay and Brian will be too expensive and I can not see any hope in the near future for success...

So I wish to thank these 5 guys, Smith, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, Wade and even tho Dixon didn't play once this year.. I wish to thank him also for his contributions to a dismal year... Thanks guys.. you took from us... no.. you guys down right killed a little bit of each and every one of your fans...

You 5 guys ruined our football year..... Thanks

I disagree, when you have all those sacks and good teams with great pass rushes, then you have to do something about , you adjust. Norv never adjusted. norv is not that great a OC, im sorry. ive had it with him. he is overrated. this was new england, we know new england and we know belechick by now. they have tons of film on his defense and they know our weaknesses. well, Wannynorv sucked. and wanny knows it.

as JT said after playing Jacksonville (and BG getting sacked so many times....primarily at the end when we could have scored)...

(or something to this effect)...

How is it that other teams can stop me and Ogun, why are their RB's helping 'chip' us when going out for the option, how are they able to scheme against us but we can't do the same thing against other teams?

Norv may have some nice plays on paper, but in reality-land, they are not executed very well due to improper scheming, blocking, chipping, and anything else which would actually allow his plays to work.

I mean come on....did anyone see the st louis/browns game last night.....fake punt....placeholder fakes a toss to the right then tosses left to the kicker (st. louis) to get a first down.....as if we couldn't have done that to get 3 yards (not 10 like St. Louis) on a 3rd and 3! Another play....reverse handoff to throw to the open (tigh-end i think) reciever at the right sideline? I mean....after watching so many other teams over so many other games.....where is Norv coming up with his 'run up the middle to Ted Washington for a gain of 1 (at most)' plays....Miami's play selection.......run middle for nothing.....run to the side.....for nothing......right/left slant/curl for maybe 6-8 and deep on the sidelines to overthrow or get intercepted......IS THAT ALL HE'S GOT?!!!!!@#$@#$@#$:angry:

Originally posted by Jeep

LOL.. always the homer...

Tell me its going to be ok when my wife runs off with my best friend, my daughter says she is gonna marry a convicted murderer on death row.. My son busted in the room while I had my boss over for dinner to announced he is gay.. the car is repo'd and the IRS just siezed my bank accounts... I will turn to you Primtime for your words of encouragement and bright outlook.. :)

Hey Jeep I don't know about what Primetime would tell you...

But I would say something like...

What are you complaining about, the cat is perfectly fine and in need of affection...

Your daughter will be back home in a few years...

Your friend will call you and offer you money to take your wife back...

Your son will have his very own TV show...

The IRS will give you a hefty settlement when they find out that you hired Johnny Cochrane (spelling?) to represent you...

And you might p*** it all way when...

Hugh Heffner calls and tells you he wants you to come over and stay in the Playboy Mansion in LA for the next 2 weeks...

GOOOO FIIIINZ

:cooldude:

LOL Disnardo.. yeah.. I guess you could look at it that way.. lol once thing I have noticed since the ol lady left.. I dont need to buy ROLAIDS anymore... go figure

Back
Top Bottom