***The AFC title game thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The AFC title game thread***

There is no way the Pat's receiver would have come down in bounds. :rolleyes:
They very well may have without the push, what I'm saying is if you get pushed, tough crap, that's great defense to know where the out of bounds line is and get you out without two feet hitting inbounds, you shouldn't be rewarded for just being in the area of inbounds before getting hit.

They very well may have without the push, what I'm saying is if you get pushed, tough crap, that's great defense to know where the out of bounds line is and get you out without two feet hitting inbounds, you shouldn't be rewarded for just being in the area of inbounds before getting hit.

i actually agree. the college rules have it this way, and thats how it should be.

How is a long run back a "lucky break"? It happens every week in the NFL. I think of it as good special teams play and not "luck".

As for the fumble in the endzone, the Colts had 5 guys falling on the ball and none if them recovered it. The Pat's had a chance at it and finished the deal.

The Pats play until the end of every play and every game, that is commitment and coaching. They CREATE their luck in my opinion.

BS, that is luck. The ball was right there, and just squirted out. I don't think the ball squirts out for any other team. And for the Chargers game. The Pats did make some plays, but god did they get so many opportunities and extra chances. Well, you can say the PAts made plays when it mattered, but seriously what team would not win the game with the chances that were given to the Pats. I seriously believe any of the playoff teams would have one that game except for the choke Chargers.

How is a long run back a "lucky break"? It happens every week in the NFL. I think of it as good special teams play and not "luck".

As for the fumble in the endzone, the Colts had 5 guys falling on the ball and none if them recovered it. The Pat's had a chance at it and finished the deal.

The Pats play until the end of every play and every game, that is commitment and coaching. They CREATE their luck in my opinion.
They must be unicorns and leprechauns then because they seem to create alot of luck.

They must be unicorns and leprechauns then because they seem to create alot of luck.

While it is true that good teams seem to "create luck" you'd be hard pressed to attribute a lot of New England's postseason success to their talents.

For example:

1) Andy Reid's Art Shell-like clock management.

2) John Kasay's botched kickoff.

3) The "tuck rule."

4) Eric Parker's muffed catch and ensuing worse-than-Pop-Warner decision.

The list goes on some, but you get the point.

BS, that is luck. The ball was right there, and just squirted out. I don't think the ball squirts out for any other team. And for the Chargers game. The Pats did make some plays, but god did they get so many opportunities and extra chances. Well, you can say the PAts made plays when it mattered, but seriously what team would not win the game with the chances that were given to the Pats. I seriously believe any of the playoff teams would have one that game except for the choke Chargers.

Well, if we are going that direction then even the fact the ball was fumbled was "luck" for the Colts. It hit Maroney's forearm as he was recieving the hand off. I bet that has not happened in the 2,000 Brady has handed off to Maroney in practice and in games.

This "Patriots are lucky" thing is overdone in my opinion. If it happened once it is luck but it ALWAYS happens. Somewhere in there you have to attribute it to playng until the end of every play/every game, fotball smarts and great coaching.

Saturday was short of the end zone. :D too late to challenge.

Three and out....huge stop for the Colts.

The Pats defense is run down ad I don't think they can stop Peyton at all at this point in time.

I think it's going to be 35 - 28 Colts in about 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom