The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 120 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

The difference that having good blockers will make is that if that first quick read is unavailable, we have multiple weapons who can create the next stage…plus a QB who can find them and hit them accurately given adequate time.
Still, even with better pass blockers, McDaniel's offense is predicated on getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds or less, and 80% of the time they were. I just don't expect we'd see many plays where Tua stood back there patting the ball and looking for an alternate target while 3 to 3.5 seconds are ticking off the clock. The OL change that would be more to my liking is an RG who run blocks on Hunt's level and an LG who run blocks better than anyone we had there last season. As much as McDaniel designs pass plays off play action, being even more dominant running the ball, would lead to huge clean pockets and receivers coming wide open in the intermediate zones, especially.

Still, even with better pass blockers, McDaniel's offense is predicated on getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds or less, and 80% of the time they were. I just don't expect we'd see many plays where Tua stood back there patting the ball and looking for an alternate target while 3 to 3.5 seconds are ticking off the clock. The OL change that would be more to my liking is an RG who run blocks on Hunt's level and an LG who run blocks better than anyone we had there last season. As much as McDaniel designs pass plays off play action, being even more dominant running the ball, would lead to huge clean pockets and receivers coming wide open in the intermediate zones, especially.

From what I saw, late in the season defenses began predicating their scheme on defending the run, knowing they only had to disrupt receivers for two seconds to disrupt the flow of the offense.

WR injuries definitely factored in to that, but I agree that better blocking/run game would allow another .5-1 second to work with before the ball has to come out.

And that would be huge.

With a left handed QB and his blindside covered, should we be looking for a RT to play on the left?
Right. I think it's a little less important to Miami than every other team. Not saying it wouldn't help to have a great left tackle, but I think a few of these guys could transition well. Guyton and Mims especially.

I think with Tua, securing the middle of the line might be more important. His entire game is based on quickly reads and timing. Keep those DT'S out out his face.

Last edited:
Or either going 21st, to a team trading up for or to the team that currently holds that pick.

KC doesn’t beat San Fran without those CBs they had. Glad they lost one. You can never have enough. And that’s coming from someone who has high hopes for Cam Smith still.
Agree. Which is why CB could be in play for Miami. Ramsey and Fuller are both 30 too. I've seen Arnold falling all the way to Buffalo in a few mocks. That's crazy and unlikely.

As an aside, was watching Path to the Dradt and Pearson was working out with Hill and Waddle. That would be a great trio. Doubt Pearson makes it to 55, but maybe Grier goes crazy with draft day trades.

Fashanu would be sick

But give me Sinnott or especially Legget over Sanders.. something about him just worries me..

Also Roman Wilson, Ricky Pearsall, some DTs, edge rusher, safety … so many better picks than sanders imo

……we need more mid rounders 😭
It will be interesting to see who tight end #2 ends up being. My guess is either Cade Stover or Ben Sinnott.

Stover is not getting enough love IMO. He brings a defensive mentality to the tight end position, having played end and linebacker.

I'd take Sinnott or Stover before Sanders.

Sanders didn't test well, but he's probably the second best receiving tight end after Bowers. He does have value in that regard.

Hard to envision a scenario that immediately boosts this offense more than that.
I agree. But I'd be worried about Sanders' blocking. Certainly a threat as a reciever and a potential game changer in the passing game. Fuaga would instantly give Miami a highly athletic OG and a huge upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom