The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 190 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

If you think Chris Kouffman is clueless it pretty much means you're clueless. WADR. I've been following Chris for over 20 years. The dude knows his football better than 95% of the nimrods you'll encounter in your travels.
CK's Tweet above that you consider clueless is pretty much as spot on as it gets on the subject of pre-draft prognostication.

Looks to me like Texfinfan posted that and without comment. I seriously doubt CK or most here believe that.

2 comments:

1. Woody Johnsons "if we don't trade him, we will keep him sounds utterly moronic."
2. Yes, I would trade a 7th for Z. Wilson. He has much more potential then any of our backups.
1. He meant they arent releasing him, which is also dumb to say because I believe rookie conrracts are guaranteed anyway.
2. Z. Wilson would cost us against cap, in addition to the pick. Whether it's worth eating that cost to upgrade over Skylar is a fair question i guess.

Mr. I just want a starting guard contract, Dalton Risner?

Edit - forgot Tomlinson is still a FA. Makes sense considering the connection to McD/scheme.

So its odd that PFF has them both similarly graded despite the fact that Tomlinson gave up 7 sacks and Risner didn't give up any.

They graded Tomlinson with a 55.0 grade and Risner with a 57.1

Last edited:
Bizarre. Older DE signing with arguably the worst team in the league on a multi year deal. Doesn’t make sense for either party other than Clowney getting one last pay check

It’s his hometown team, hes from Rock Hill, SC where the Panthers had their headquarters so I get the appeal for him. Plus the Panthers have to spend money as you can’t just accumulate cap space. There’s a lot of pressure on them to not be horrible again, although the Bears are certainly rooting against them considering they have their second round pick next year, in addition to everything else they got from Carolina last year.

David Tepper is probably the last owner I’d want to play for though. So much pressure on Bryce Young to save that franchise.

Bizarre. Older DE signing with arguably the worst team in the league on a multi year deal. Doesn’t make sense for either party other than Clowney getting one last pay check
This is a good example of why terrible teams stay terrible.

They have maybe the league’s worst collection of WRs, RBs, and TEs and one of the league’s worst starting quarterbacks, and rather than addressing those devastating shortcomings, they spent $125 million on a right guard from the fastest-passing offense in the NFL and a 31-year old edge rusher from the most aggressive defensive front seven in the NFL.

Clowney was never going to sign here....he's spurned us multiple times...here's an article explaining some of it (from past years)...the guy simply says NO to the Dolphins...(maybe he hates the weather?)🤷‍♂️

Looks to me like Texfinfan posted that and without comment. I seriously doubt CK or most here believe that.
You seriously doubt CK really believes his own Tweet? WTF? He is not wont to post silliness just for the hell of it. I think you can rest assured he was sincere with his Tweet. He is definitely not clueless. As for whatever most here believe on the subject, that is proof of nothing. Remember what Bertrand Russell said about majority opinions.
“The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widely spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.”

Yeah. I doubt Miami will be trading down. It is never like the draft simulators in real life.

Lol that's true.

When I saw those examples I was like " that's not what my PFN mocks are showing" lol

One of my favorites was Tennessee offering 38 and their 1st and 2nd next year. I always get Barton/ Morgan or Murphy. Thanks for those picks next year Titans haha.

The thing this year is there appears to be a desperation on QBS
So Miami could get a better offer then recent if say Daniel's or Mccarthy somehow drop to 21.

QBS will always get yah a little more. I think

Lol that's true.

When I saw those examples I was like " that's not what my PFN mocks are showing" lol

One of my favorites was Tennessee offering 38 and their 1st and 2nd next year. I always get Barton/ Morgan or Murphy. Thanks for those picks next year Titans haha.

The thing this year is there appears to be a desperation on QBS
So Miami could get a better offer then recent if say Daniel's or Mccarthy somehow drop to 21.

QBS will always get yah a little more. I think

It’s odd. I’m of the opinion that there’s going to be a bit of a QB glut in a couple years. Look at all the former first-round backups: Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance, Pickett since 2021…Arizona’s in limbo with Kyler Murray, Giants in a similar scenario with Jones…and this year 4-5 more first round QBs come in. I kinda wonder if we’re gonna see a lot more of what Pittsburgh is doing in the near future. Stopgap QBs and reclamation projects.

Back
Top Bottom