The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 193 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

So I watched that draft with a bunch Eagles fans, like I typically do and when our pick was about to be announced I stood up and declared our selection will be Lane Johnson.

Bummed when it wasn’t but like every other Dolphins pick, I supported Dion Jordan until I just couldn’t anymore. The irony is the lead up to that draft was that Chip Kelly wanted his guy.
Even if the drug problems with Jordan had not surfaced the thing that got me riled was the vaunted Philbin clown show regime was intending to misuse Jordan. His natural body type and skill set made him ideal for a 3-4 standup OLB. Those chuckleheads were making him bulk up and become a 4-3 hand on the ground DE.

Even if the drug problems with Jordan had not surfaced the thing that got me riled was the vaunted Philbin clown show regime was intending to misuse Jordan. His natural body type and skill set made him ideal for a 3-4 standup OLB. Those chuckleheads were making him bulk up and become a 4-3 hand on the ground DE.

The biggest sin in professional football is, and always has been: “I can change this player to make him fit my scheme.”

It’s narcissistic, ignorant, and just flat-out STUPID.

Wow 3 thousand replies
Dalvin Cook maybe in danger

I have a new topic planned for Monday that will relegate this one to the back burner.

Once Beckman signs, this thread is essentially done anyway.

Josh Reynolds was one of the last players a lot of us had an interest in.

I have a new topic planned for Monday that will relegate this one to the back burner.

Once Beckman signs, this thread is essentially done anyway.

Josh Reynolds was one of the last players a lot of us had an interest in.
Awesome lol

When the Fins traded up I was SURE it was for Lane Johnson.

It's one thing to give advice . . . He should be available later ("could get him later"). It's another to say 'don't care what you want, it's MY draft.' Your post makes it sound like the former.
I'm not saying, and never have said Grier doesn't have input in the board or specific picks. I'm saying anyone thinking Grier, by himself and against all other voices, makes draft picks is not being realistic. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get a new HC if previous HCs called up a candidate and said 'if you go to Miami, you have NO input in the draft.'
Or the posts making it sound like Grier identified a FA, negotiated, and signed him without involving the HC or coordinators. That doesn't happen either. No GM makes unilateral/dictatorial choices in the draft or FA.
You're making it this extreme "I don't care what you want" type thing and nobody has ever claimed that. But McD specifically said he wanted to draft Achane much earlier and Grier told him him to "trust me, we can get him later". That's exactly what happened so it's hardly a stretch to believe that if Grier says "trust me" again, McD will.

So you can doubt it all you want. You can call McD a liar. But It seems pretty likely that it played out exactly as McD said.

You're making it this extreme "I don't care what you want" type thing and nobody has ever claimed that. But McD specifically said he wanted to draft Achane much earlier and Grier told him him to "trust me, we can get him later". That's exactly what happened so it's hardly a stretch to believe that if Grier says "trust me" again, McD will.

So you can doubt it all you want. You can call McD a liar. But It seems pretty likely that it played out exactly as McD said.

I will admit "I don't care what you want" was too far, but those claiming Grier, by himself, is making draft picks are arguing the HC, coordinators, scouts, position coaches together have no input are saying what I am denying . . . Grier makes the picks unilaterally. Doesn't happen. You think Grier, during his tenure as GM consistently overruled HC, coordinators, scouts, position coaches and not even an anonymous complaint?
As long as Grier is giving advice/opinion I have no problem. He has a few more drafts under his belt than Mcd. And Mcd listening to him next time is what any relative newbie would do when the veteran has been proven right.
I'm not calling Mcd a liar. Never did. I said there's a difference between giving advice and making unilateral decisions awhile refusing to listen. It seems apparent we will never agree. So be it. It's an open forum.

I will admit "I don't care what you want" was too far, but those claiming Grier, by himself, is making draft picks are arguing the HC, coordinators, scouts, position coaches together have no input are saying what I am denying . . . Grier makes the picks unilaterally. Doesn't happen. You think Grier, during his tenure as GM consistently overruled HC, coordinators, scouts, position coaches and not even an anonymous complaint?
As long as Grier is giving advice/opinion I have no problem. He has a few more drafts under his belt than Mcd. And Mcd listening to him next time is what any relative newbie would do when the veteran has been proven right.
I'm not calling Mcd a liar. Never did. I said there's a difference between giving advice and making unilateral decisions awhile refusing to listen. It seems apparent we will never agree. So be it. It's an open forum.
Nobody ever claimed that. You're arguing against something nobody ever said.

Back
Top Bottom