The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 199 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

I don't know that they would be a back up for a few years. I don't expect Chubb to be here very long and Phillips is now a big question mark.

Like I said I am good with an OL for sure, but I would definitely be hoping to land a talented pass rusher if I could. DL and OL are the only places I'd be really focused heading into the draft, at least with those first two picks.

The late rounders, they can take flyers on any position, I don't care, if they think the kid has a future. Heck I'll take a new kicker.

The DE position ruined our 2023 season.
I agree with this. I'd also be good with DE/DT with first two picks. I think we can get a right guard after the draft.

I was using J'Wan James as the example of an OL reach but this thread shows that it is really Liam Eichenberg. We trade up in round 2 for a big school LT who gave up no sacks his last two years, had pretty good measurables blah, blah blah and he's turned out to be a disaster at pretty much everywhere he's played. Isn't strong or athletic enough and his incremental progress (if you can call it that) and versatility (if you can call it that) have proven to be a waste of multiple draft picks.

I agree with this. I'd also be good with DE/DT with first two picks. I think we can get a right guard after the draft.

I was using J'Wan James as the example of an OL reach but this thread shows that it is really Liam Eichenberg. We trade up in round 2 for a big school LT who gave up no sacks his last two years, had pretty good measurables blah, blah blah and he's turned out to be a disaster at pretty much everywhere he's played. Isn't strong or athletic enough and his incremental progress (if you can call it that) and versatility (if you can call it that) have proven to be a waste of multiple draft picks.

Couldn’t have said it any better. I want him gone ASAP. He’s set to make about 360k more this year than Dalton Risner made last year in Minnesota. And Risner didn’t give up a single sack on the season.

Couldn’t have said it any better. I want him gone ASAP. He’s set to make about 360k more this year than Dalton Risner made last year in Minnesota. And Risner didn’t give up a single sack on the season.
I read a fake news Tweet that Eichenberg had been traded to the Bills about 2 weeks ago for a 4th and I was so damn happy for about 10 minutes

I read a fake news Tweet that Eichenberg had been traded to the Bills about 2 weeks ago for a 4th and I was so damn happy for about 10 minutes
I knew immediately that the Bills would never be that stupid.

You should listen to the Locked on Podcast about JPJ. Starting to think the rumors about the league not liking him as much as fans and the media are true.
Kyle Crabbs watched the Washington games, the USC game and a few other big games for Oregon in the Pac-12 and there were numerous bad snaps and penalties. I trust his work and he said if you thought Connor Williams had snapping issues you're really not going to like what you see with JPJ. To be fair he was a one year starter but Crabbs also noticed a lack of short area quickness with JPJ that elite centers have and thinks he would be better off at right guard. In his opinion JPJ is not really a first rounder either, fine if we grab him in round 2 but it sounded like he likes Christian Haynes better at pick 55. He thinks Johnson can be a good guard but has 7-8 guys ahead of him at 21 and probably a few in round 2 as well.

I don't think Fautanu or Latham get to 21. I do think Murphy or Newton could as they're both a little undersized.
Draft has a ton of talent. At least 1 DT, WR or OL that is very good will be there at 21. To clarify, I believe college centers are arguably the hardest players to evaluate. Most of them are not elite athletes. I don’t believe JPJ will go in the 1st round unless a team views him as a RG. I would argue that is the biggest hole in our OL, so if the team really likes him I would be fine with the pick.

Look at the creative way they made Barrett fit under the cap.
Because the Dolphins didn't dedicte half of their cap to Wilkins and Hunt with record breaking contracts, the salary cap in too real for some people.

Back
Top Bottom