The Athletic Comes To Miami... Hires Chris Perkins And Big O | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Athletic Comes To Miami... Hires Chris Perkins And Big O

I have way too many subscription services as it is and am not willing to pay for information I can usually find for free on twitter and other social media. Perkins was awful in his last assignment and usually just quoted other local Miami writers. I have never received any info from him that I didn't already know. Maybe that was the card he was dealt at ESPN but....still not going to pay for him, big ZERO or any other Miami newspaper (who just started charging).

James Walker worked for ESPN not Perkins

I listened to the Big O for the first time in a while on my lunch break last week and his show seemed to be geared towards an older crowd (I'm 29). The majority of what he talked about are concerts he attended in the 70s and 80s and lemonade from a sub shop on Bird Road.

That's him on a good day. On a bad day, he's just screaming over his callers at the top of his lungs until they hang up. They had him doing the Dolphins postgame show (maybe they still do?) on 560 and it's pretty much completely unlistenable garbage.

Perk does the best job of basically reporting facts along with observations that are reasonable. Joe Schad is pretty good about this as well. The rest are garbage.

That's him on a good day. On a bad day, he's just screaming over his callers at the top of his lungs until they hang up. They had him doing the Dolphins postgame show (maybe they still do?) on 560 and it's pretty much completely unlistenable garbage.

he is awful.

Perk does the best job of basically reporting facts along with observations that are reasonable. Joe Schad is pretty good about this as well. The rest are garbage.

Basically yes so not sure who else they had to ty and pull from.. Joe just got there semi-recently so.

I mean it’s a sad state of affairs from having a Jeff or Ben etc

The postgame show was ridiculous. More of him being an arrogant know it all, constantly talking over his co-host. I imagine there were complaints about it, because he's not on postgame duty anymore. You can tell the people who work for him aren't too fond of him, either. When they get into a debate, he just talks over them and tells them how they're wrong. Then he'll keep on talking while everyone else has already tapped out of the conversation and remains silent.

Chris Perkins is what I call "vanilla," and I have always said he doesn't have passion for any of this town's teams. It is funny that they are the two news radio heads I have personally thought sucked for a long time.

Big O is a hothead who cant speak to people with different ideas without calling them idiots. It is annoying.

Look what I found on my old texts. Pretty ironic I think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180821-111008.png
    Screenshot_20180821-111008.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180821-110813.png
    Screenshot_20180821-110813.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180821-110714.png
    Screenshot_20180821-110714.png
    134 KB · Views: 7
Chris Perkins is what I call "vanilla," and I have always said he doesn't have passion for any of this town's teams. It is funny that they are the two news radio heads I have personally thought sucked for a long time.

Big O is a hothead who cant speak to people with different ideas without calling them idiots. It is annoying.

Look what I found on my old texts. Pretty ironic I think.

Lol yeah he called fans morons and idiots last year for not understanding why Raekwon was on special teams last preseason. Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know some small nuance of the NFL. We must all be morons then. I never once heard him try that **** with athletes though. :)

Last edited:
Perkins clearly just doesn't give a **** about football. Last time I heard him on the radio, he started talking about Lebron James during a segment about a Dolphins preseason game that was taking place the next day.

I mean he went back to talking about LEBRON JAMES multiple times during a segment in which his co-host was going down a list of things to talk about concerning the Dolphins and their preseason game. I thought I was listening to blowhard Colin Cowherd for a minute.

But for reporting? It's fine. He just gives you the facts. I appreciate that.

Back
Top Bottom