The baseball field has got to go!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The baseball field has got to go!!!!!!

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Perry was injured covering a punt in the second quarter. His knee buckled as he stepped from the dirt of the baseball infield onto the grass at Pro Player Stadium, leaving a sizable divot in the turf.

It won't be going anywhere for a while because the Marlins are going to be in the playoffs this year. :cool: :cry:

What are the chances that a new ball park will be built in Miami?

That Marlins infield is a real problem for the Dolphins.

It's just garbage IMO.

It makes the field look like crap and who knows what can happen with that **** out there. It certainly doesn't help with planting your feet.

THIS COMING FROM A BUFFALO FAN LIVING IN MIAMI???

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
The Marlins are playing their asses off, support them for phucksake

yea guys support the local teams....

unless their in northern new york state...

And the media laughed when the old man was hired :rolleyes: .

The baseball field needs to go. I say the city should build it on the park land beside AA arena. Nobody uses it except the bums for a homeless shelter.

How hard could it be to put in grass on the diamond the day before a game, and then get rid of it after? The diamond has to go.

ZOD:

Who knew that Miami already tested out the new unis already?

1927_photo.jpg

You guys obviously do not understand. What is the big deal of having the diamond there? It has never been a problem (playing wise/injury wise) until Perry got hurt in it. And what does it matter If it's on the field? Who cares? And half of you that are saying they should build a new stadium for the Marlins...I don't think you want to be paying taxes over the next few years for the price range of $100 Mil.

I would think the FINs have a 900+ winning % when the diamonds a part of the field

but it looks ****ty, i hate it and i don´t understand they didn´t do something about it, they equipment guys can change a hockey arena to a basketball arena in 2 hours so where is the problem to come up with a solution for a football field, it really sucks , i always hate to see a home game during the baseball season

Originally posted by Al13
but it looks ****ty, i hate it and i don´t understand they didn´t do something about it, they equipment guys can change a hockey arena to a basketball arena in 2 hours so where is the problem to come up with a solution for a football field, it really sucks , i always hate to see a home game during the baseball season

Who cares what the Field looks like?! It is a Football Game not a Beauty Pagant! :rolleyes: And to answer your question, maybe because this is natural grass and not an Arena where you can bring a "set" and just place it there.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Who cares what the Field looks like?! It is a Football Game not a Beauty Pagant! :rolleyes: And to answer your question, maybe because this is natural grass and not an Arena where you can bring a "set" and just place it there.

The Field is a problem, It's just been very fortunate that is hasn't caused more injuries in the past. The players say that JRS is one of the worst fields in the league to play on, Mare has complained many times about having to kick off the infield.

You probably don't remember Primetime, back in 95 there was a Monday night FB game against the Steelers, Greg Lloyd planted Marino right in the chest and drove him into the dirt of the infield, luckily Dan wasn't hurt bad but he said he very well could have been as the dirt was hard as a rock.

It's just not good for the players.

Back
Top Bottom