The baseball field has got to go!!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The baseball field has got to go!!!!!!

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

true, so are you hoping the Marlins get beat out?....either way, the diamond is going to be there for a couple games...i wouldn't like it either but the opponent has to play on it too

My argument isn't just for the Fins players, although of course thier injuries would have a bigger impact on me then a player from another team. I wouldn't wish an injury like that even on a Bills player. I know the field isn't going anywahere this year but I just think as an opinion that they shouldn't be in the same stadium.

As far as the Marlins go, I'm not a Marlins fan so it really doesn't matter to me either way, it would be one less game that the field would be there.

I guess either way it will be there for the Bills game. :evil:

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

My argument isn't just for the Fins players, although of course thier injuries would have a bigger impact on me then a player from another team. I wouldn't wish an injury like that even on a Bills player. I know the field isn't going anywahere this year but I just think as an opinion that they shouldn't be in the same stadium.

As far as the Marlins go, I'm not a Marlins fan so it really doesn't matter to me either way, it would be one less game that the field would be there.

I guess either way it will be there for the Bills game. :evil:

true, i don't wish injuries upon anyone...it's just a game, not life

Would you be feeling the same way if it was Ricky????

It's not the point of the importance to the team, the players shouldn't be subjected to have to play on that crap, just like the turf in Philly. It could end a persons career.

New stadium for Eagles with grass. But that turf was a piece of s***. Just ask Wendell Davis. Both knees blown out because of that turf.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

true, i don't wish injuries upon anyone...it's just a game, not life

:jawdrop: IT'S NOT????????????

Great Circle you just took away my only reason for existing :lol:

:jawdrop: IT'S NOT????????????

Great Circle you just took away my only reason for existing :lol:

:lol: ...yeah, you're actually right...without football life would suck:(

How can anyone compare Pro Player to Veterans Stadium? the infield dirt will lay on the field for only a few weeks into the season, we should be fine....

Originally posted by dolfans1988

I agree with you on this, we wouldnt want any player to get hurt.. Why cant the marlins go play at Orange bowl?? If the dolphins played there before, why cant the Marlins... I dont think htye would even sell out all the seats.. But perry being injured, believe or not, is bad.. Him, Royals and mare have been practicing all offseason on not screwing up on special teams.. Starting from the long snap to Royals holding the ball up for Mare..

Why can't the Dolphins just go back and play there? It isn't big enough to hold the Marlins and I don't know what the deal is with everyone hating this infield junk. The Marlins are kicking *** so deal with it. There are people down here that care about the Marlins (like myself, Miguel, and FinFan4Lyf as well as the other 25-30,000 coming out here every weekend) and we're enjoying every minute of their run. The infield has never caused injuries before and the same type of injuries happen on grass so it isn't that big of a dela other than it looks bad. And it's hard to kick off but that's the same for both teams. I wouldn't mind a new baseball stadium either but you'll have to convince the other million people that live down here. And if they do put one up I hope it isn't next to the AA Arena, there's way too much traffic down there already anyway, all we need is another stadium and another hour drive for me to get there.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Okay, anyone willing to pay 100 million dollars, just so guys like Ed Perry don't get hurt every 10 years or so?

You are off by a couple of hundred million dollars.

Want to be a first class city with all sports? Provide the facilities. Otherwise, stay out of baseball. As you can see, nobody want to go to them anyway.

It's a triple A city.

Now this may not be the main reason, but a good part of why they don't get many fans is because of the threat of rain every single night. Who wants to take 3 little kids to the ballpark knowing there is an 80% chance of rain every night and that you could not only get drenched but also sit around for awhile and not see any baseball. It would certainly help if we had our own dome here but no one wants to pay for it so until people start becoming willing to pay for it we're just gonna have to live with it. BTW, my family voted yes for the stadium deal but not many did.

Originally posted by ZOD

Want to be a first class city with all sports? Provide the facilities. Otherwise, stay out of baseball. As you can see, nobody want to go to them anyway.

It's a triple A city.

DR_EVIL_MODE_ON "R-I-G-H-T-T-T-T" DR_EVIL_MODE_OFF

Originally posted by ZOD

It's a triple A city.

BTW, I am correct. I live in South Florida, and I hear the radio shows...ask Muck....it would cost $100 Million.

Now this may not be the main reason, but a good part of why they don't get many fans is because of the threat of rain every single night. Who wants to take 3 little kids to the ballpark knowing there is an 80% chance of rain every night and that you could not only get drenched but also sit around for awhile and not see any baseball. It would certainly help if we had our own dome here but no one wants to pay for it so until people start becoming willing to pay for it we're just gonna have to live with it. BTW, my family voted yes for the stadium deal but not many did.

Back
Top Bottom