The best NFl drafting team is ...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The best NFl drafting team is ......

dominizzo said:
IMHO Jets have the best their history proves it not only in the early rounds but the later rounds as well

F-ck the puke green schmucks. No one drafts better than Baltimore.

This really shows how crummy the Jets' free agency choices have been to have such strong drafts and toss people like Vinny Testaverde, Justin McAirens, and other such shlubs in there.

In recent history, I'd have to say the Ravens have had the best drafts. A string of years with Todd Heap, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Kyle Boller, Peter Boulware, Jamal Lewis....and don't forget their expansion draft where they picked two players arguably some of the best ever at their given position - Ogden and R. Lewis

Jaj said:
People say that without even studying the draft. NE's success comes from decent-good drafting plus very smart FA signing. Baltimore has drafted better than New England.

I've studied their draft history. Bruschi in the 3rd and Brady in the 6th says enough for me.

If we're just talking about 1st round picks, then yes Baltimore has been the best team to avoid busts. Which I guess you could say means they draft the best.

As of the past few years, it is probably Baltimore (Reed, Suggs, J. Lewis). But for last year(2004) I'll have to give it to Detroit(R. Williams, K. Jones, T. Lehman), they got three guys in the 1st two rounds they can build their team around.

dominizzo said:
New York Jets. This team always hasa way to draft premier players. They are the best drafting in the early rounds especially and late , but more in the 1st 3 rounds. I wish we had miami scouts like the jets do and their personnel. I wonder wat surprise they will have this year?

a list of players jets have drafted the last 10 years with 1st round selection they are all amazing not 1 bust except blair thomas

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/histteam?team=nyj

Yea they have a lot of Championships to show for all those GREAT drafts.

dominizzo said:
ohall said:
Yea they have a lot of Championships to show for all those GREAT drafts.[/QUOTE

well i still ssay jets draft better than miami does soo wats the point?

Point taken. F-ck the Jets. Can we end this argument now?

dominizzo said:
New York Jets. This team always hasa way to draft premier players. They are the best drafting in the early rounds especially and late , but more in the 1st 3 rounds. I wish we had miami scouts like the jets do and their personnel. I wonder wat surprise they will have this year?

a list of players jets have drafted the last 10 years with 1st round selection they are all amazing not 1 bust except blair thomas

:ban:

dominizzo said:

Not true, Dom. You are off base here. Anthony Becht was a bust where he was picked. So was/is Bryan Thomas. They've crapped out in the 2nd round plenty of times including Alex Van Dyke, Browning Nagle and Terry Day.

dominizzo said:
ohall said:
Yea they have a lot of Championships to show for all those GREAT drafts.[/QUOTE

well i still ssay jets draft better than miami does soo wats the point?

The point is you called them the best at drafting and they aren't.

Their Day 2 picks aren't that great and they've had plenty of busts on Day 1 as well.

You better come better prepared for the next gunfight, dom. Your thoughts about the Jets are the equivalent of a pop gun in this argument.

Back
Top Bottom