The best NFl drafting team is ...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The best NFl drafting team is ......

i´m really not that impressed, they have picked in the 20´s all the time and the only time they didn´t they got Anthony Becht, he is a no show most of the time and bryan thomas is a huge dissapointment so far, vilma was a great pick, but the jury is still out there on robertson and abraham probably will play his last season over there if not traded before the season starts

Jaj said:
People say that without even studying the draft. NE's success comes from decent-good drafting plus very smart FA signing. Baltimore has drafted better than New England.

We are in agreement here JAJ. ozzie does one hell of a job on his first day picks. One bust is all i can think of for his first round selections. but, he does very well, on his most important picks. Second day, he's a little shakey, but I would give Oz the nod for best drafter.

Moss - bust for the Jets....could still be good but never produced like 16th overall pick.
B.Thomas - BUST so far, but still young.
D.Robertson - one bad year, one good year, but does look good.
Becht - BUST
J.Mitchell - BUST
Blair Thomas - BUST
Farrior - BUST (for the Jets) and they traded down when they could have had Orlando Pace to take Farrior.
Marvin Jones - average at best, bust for how high he was taken.
Kyle Brady - BUST

Yeah, they've really tore it up like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Peter Boulware, Chris McAllister, Jamal Lewis, Todd Heap, Jonathan Ogden, Terrell Suggs, Duane Starks.........

dominizzo said:
New York Jets. This team always hasa way to draft premier players. They are the best drafting in the early rounds especially and late , but more in the 1st 3 rounds. I wish we had miami scouts like the jets do and their personnel. I wonder wat surprise they will have this year?

a list of players jets have drafted the last 10 years with 1st round selection they are all amazing not 1 bust except blair thomas

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/histteam?team=nyj

The Jets have been the worst drafting team in the AFC East over the last 10 years. Maybe Miami moved into last with Wanny but combining Wanny & Spielman's drafts with Jimmy Johnson's makes the Jets the worst team over this span.

Good example was 2001 in the first round. The Bills had the 14th pick and everyone was screaming for an O-Lineman. In Donahoe's first draft here he dropped back to the 21st and obtained an additional 2nd. What did he get at 21? Nate Clements, pro-bowl CB, and one of the best CB's in the NFL and someone who will command massive $$$$ next year. The extra second he parlayed into Travis Henry who also made the pro-bowl and ran for over 1400 yards.

The jets? They TRADE UP and get Santana Moss. A WR who had one big year as a 2nd WR when they were also looking at Clements before the Bills drafted.

You don't make your meat and potatoes with 1st round picks anyway.

Best NFL personnel departments for draft:

New England, Tennessee, Baltimore, Buffalo

Buffalo?

:roflmao:

Drew sold your boy Tom on Willis while having a useless knee and it worked out. I'd say this speaks more about Drew's sales ability than Tom's decision making or Buffalo's personnel department.

Buffalo got more than Willis McGahee since 2001. Look up the players we have drafted since 2001. Now I dare you to find 10 teams that have drafted better. But yeah, :roflmao: , is what dolphin fans were saying when we got him.

:lol: But that's what a good NFL front office does. They have their doctors examine a player like McGahee and make a draft choice based on ALL of the available information.

jnewmant said:
Baltimore is a great drafting team they always seem to find at least one star out of every draft
I argee, they do really good on defense every year.

I hate to say this but I believe that NE has done the best at the draft. I know they have done real well in FA, but look at their draft picks. Brady, Seymour, Wilfork. There is a long list on solid players that have been drafted. Indy, I believe is right up there. I don't like Baltimore as much as some. Boller at QB. Not a good choice.

everyone knows baltimore has been the best at drafting noone really even comes close to them.

2003 10(10) TERRELL SUGGS DE ARIZONA STATE
2003 19(19) KYLE BOLLER QB CALIFORNIA
2002 24(24) EDWARD REED S MIAMI (FLA.)
2001 31(31) TODD HEAP TE ARIZONA STATE
2000 5(5) JAMAL LEWIS RB TENNESSEE
2000 10(10) TRAVIS TAYLOR WR FLORIDA
1999 10(10) CHRIS MCALISTER DB ARIZONA
1998 10(10) DUANE STARKS DB MIAMI (FLA.)
1997 4(4) PETER BOULWARE DE FLORIDA STATE
1996 4(4) JONATHON OGDEN OT UCLA
1996 26(26) RAY LEWIS LB MIAMI (FLA.)

i believe only 2 players they have drafted havnt been pro bowlers....end of discussion

Back
Top Bottom