The Better QB Backup? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Better QB Backup?

I actually give Bears props for understanding and going in a different direction.

Ok. Thats a point view. I respect that. So far Fields hasn't shown he understands defensive coverages and what the defense is doing. Yes he can run. He is excellent at it. He is excellent athlete. Is he a good quarterback?
Might become one. A catered built system and elite weapons can do that.

Want to see this in reverse? Look at Jimmy G's numbers. His passer rating dropped 26 points when he left San Francisco. That's a passer rating 9 points BELOW Fields. You think Jimmy G went from one of the most consistent high passer rating QBs in the NFL to no longer understanding defenses in a season?

The last quality back up QB the Dolphins had was Don Strock. The Dolphins will only go as far as Tua takes them and if he is injured and out most of the season, it won’t matter which of the present backups replace him.

With a healthy Tua, the Dolphins should win 10-12 games and make the playoffs. Without Tua, the Dolphins would be lucky to win 5 games with White or Thompson at QB.

Scott Mitchell?

Might become one. A catered built system and elite weapons can do that.

Want to see this in reverse? Look at Jimmy G's numbers. His passer rating dropped 26 points when he left San Francisco. That's a passer rating 9 points BELOW Fields. You think Jimmy G went from one of the most consistent high passer rating QBs in the NFL to no longer understanding defenses in a season?
Brother...stay with Fields. Look at some tape. Maybe better coaching . Maybe more effort on his part. I dont know. I know what see.

I know your not Tua fan. Its cool bro. Its what makes this place interesting.

I know your not Tua fan. Its cool bro. Its what makes this place interesting.
Not really about Tua. Just about having an interesting backup with some upside. Might be a total bust but at that price, I would have been happy to pay it.

The two backups we have aren't NFL QBs.

Not really about Tua. Just about having an interesting backup with some upside. Might be a total bust but at that price, I would have been happy to pay it.

The two backups we have aren't NFL QBs.
I agree. I think dolphins coaches see what he brings and not a good fit I guess.

True to a point. He is cheap 3.2 million this year. He may very well become a better quarterback but so far in his career not so much imo.
I know he has struggled so far. What I meant was the 5th round pick was a relatively low risk for a potentially very high reward. I am not a Steelers fan at all (live in western PA). But, they are one franchise that won't be hurt even if they miss on the Fields trade. They generally draft well and losing the 5th rounder will be inconsequential for them.

Back
Top Bottom