The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

Since the opening two games the staff has looked very good.

Ozzie Guillen didn't know the particulars of the case involving Geoffrey Rodrigues, but the fact the convicted felon alleged Jose Contreras was involved in a smuggling operation brought Guillen to his pitcher's side. -- Chicago Sun-Times

Juan Uribe had a home run and four RBIs on Friday, as the White Sox spoiled the Tribe's home opener with a 6-4 win. Jermaine Dye also went deep for Chicago, and starter Javier Vazquez limited the Indians to two runs in 5 1/3 innings.

Sox gave up 1 hit and lost. I think when the weather starts warming up so will the bats.

The power arms in the bullpen I think are going to be strength all year. I'd love to see them go Aardsma then MacDougal then Jenks in the 7-8-9.

Jose Contreras and three relievers allowed only one hit Sunday, but three errors -- two by the usually sure-handed Joe Crede -- proved costly as the White Sox lost a close one to the Indians, 2-1. Jermaine Dye drove in the lone run with an RBI single in the sixth.

John Danks wants to prove that his new team made the right choice in selecting him as part of the five-player offseason deal between the Sox and Rangers. And as the teams meet in a series starting Tuesday, the other players involved are thinking the same thing.

Buehrle saved the bullpen which has gotten a ton of work thus far. They need him to be the guy who went atleast 6 in some ridiculous number of starts. I like the backend of the rotation as far as consistency over the front.

Damn already a no-no this year. Congrats Iceman. ALthough technically you had nothing to do with it but congrats anyways. :wink: :D

NO-Hitter

Left-hander Mark Buehrle quickly put aside his recent first-inning troubles Wednesday and then absolutely dominated the Texas Rangers the rest of way, facing the minimum 27 batters in tossing his first no-hitter in the club's 6-0 victory at U.S. Cellular Field.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Dye with a Grand Slam, and Thome with 2 solo HR's.

The rare occasions I have posted in the main forum I get on people for blasting journalists. Though i'm going to do it right now. The greatly exaggerated demise of the White Sox by some people is laughable. Their are questions in the rotation, though I think it's been pretty good this year. I'm not looking at stats but off the top of my head I think of 3 bad performances thus far. I'm not going to blame Buehrle for his 1st start when he got one of his pitching arm. It's way too early to have enough information on how people will do. Though i've loved Vazquez this year and while Danks hasn't won i've liked him also. The bats will heat up. Jay Mariotti's hatred of Ozzie Guillen removes all journalistic credibility for him about the White Sox. I'm not going to say this team is going to be great or even make the playoffs. Though i'll say this they won 90 games last year with a horrible rotation during the 2nd half. If Kenny Williams can find a leadoff guy I think the White Sox will be in the playoffs. If guys are going to question the rotation, which is legit. I'll just pose this question what team in the AL does not have questions about their rotation?

Jermaine Dye's RBI double in the 10th inning proved to be the game-winner in Saturday afternoon's 7-5 victory against the Tigers at Comerica Park. Dye and Joe Crede each had two RBIs. Right-hander Jose Contreras allowed five runs in seven innings.

Sox playing well right now.:cooldude:

Left-hander Mark Buehrle quickly put aside his recent first-inning troubles Wednesday and then absolutely dominated the Texas Rangers the rest of way, facing the minimum 27 batters in tossing his first no-hitter in the club's 6-0 victory at U.S. Cellular Field.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Dye with a Grand Slam, and Thome with 2 solo HR's.
I was so happy when Mark threw it =)

Back
Top Bottom