The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

He's still in Philadelphia, and he has been rumored to be headed to San Diego in a trade. But one can't help but think that somehow, some way, Aaron Rowand will be wearing a White Sox uniform on Opening Day next season -- if not sooner.

Chicago Sun Times

He's still in Philadelphia, and he has been rumored to be headed to San Diego in a trade. But one can't help but think that somehow, some way, Aaron Rowand will be wearing a White Sox uniform on Opening Day next season -- if not sooner.

Chicago Sun Times

I'd take Jermaine Dye for Rowand. I love what Rowand has done for my Phils and how he gives it his all, but a change may be good for both sides.

I'd take Jermaine Dye for Rowand. I love what Rowand has done for my Phils and how he gives it his all, but a change may be good for both sides.

Hey Ro-Ro here is another bit of info on this topic:

If J.D. Durbin or one of his pitching peers doesn't work out, it probably means the Phillies will have to make a trade, one that possibly includes centerfielder Aaron Rowand, their most valuable trade piece and, on paper, their most replaceable.

Philadelphia Daily News

Hey Ro-Ro here is another bit of info on this topic:

If J.D. Durbin or one of his pitching peers doesn't work out, it probably means the Phillies will have to make a trade, one that possibly includes centerfielder Aaron Rowand, their most valuable trade piece and, on paper, their most replaceable.

Philadelphia Daily News

Hey Ice, my only problem with Rowand is that he often takes a bad path to baseball in Centerfield...unlike a guy like Andruw Jones of the Braves who always seems to know where the ball is heading. Rowand has made some really spectacular cathes over the years, but then he goes brain dead on the routine stuff. He is hitting much better than Dye, but Dye has more power. The Phils really could use a decent middle reliever. They resigned Jose Mesa which I think is a big mistake, but they need someone until Gordon gets back. I am looking forward to seeing Cole Hamels tonight....I think Hamels has a decent shot at the Cy Young. The White Sox haven't been hitting or scoring runs :wink:...they have all lot of talented hitters though, so maybe they can get hot after the Phils' series. :tongue:

Yeah, I agree with you on Rowand, I was happy when he left. The Sox thought Anderson in CF was going to be something special, but that didn't happen. With Erstad here now, not sure if we would want Rowand back. yes, he was a big part of the Sox winning the W/S in 2005.

Sorry to hear about Freddy Garcia though, I was sad to see him go.

I think the Sox will keep Dye, I would be very surprised if they do trade him.

Today's game should be good, Contreras looking to bounce back. Hope Thome gets in the game to get some bats.

Asked if he'd consider a return trip to Chicago and the club managed by good friend Ozzie Guillen, Freddy Garcia responded: "I don't mind. I like Chicago. I love Chicago, I had great times there, nice city and I know I performed when they traded me. I know I performed."

Daily Southtown

Aaron Poreda apparently can't wait to get his pro career under way. The University of San Francisco lefty pitcher, drafted 25th overall in the 2007 First-Year Player Draft, agreed to terms with the White Sox on Saturday and was slated to report to the Minors.

Despite batting around during a five-run rally in the fourth inning, the White Sox dropped their series finale with the Pirates on Sunday, 8-7, to fall for the 10th time in their last 12 games. Pinch-hitter Jim Thome was robbed of a three-run home run in the ninth.

When does the White Sox FIRE SALE begin?? Jermaine Dye? Mark Buherle?

All will be on the market for .50 on the dollar very soon I am guessing!

Every team goes through a tough slump.

But, I have a feeling the team will have a new look very soon.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen and GM Ken Williams will have their usual state-of-the-team sit-down this afternoon. Guillen sounded like a manager ready to say goodbye to a few of them. Disappointed enough to ship out free agents-to-be Jermaine Dye, Mark Buehrle and Tadahito Iguchi?

Chicago Sun Times

Yeah, I know, but there the guys that helped get us our 2005 Champonship.
I hear 'ya. It would hurt to lose Buerhle cuz pitching in this league is at a premium. But if you get some good prospects in return you guys should be alright longterm.

Back
Top Bottom