The Cost Of Doing Business? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Cost Of Doing Business?

I don’t even know what to say to this post

I didn’t say I agree we will lose all of them

And in the second paragraph it clearly states why some of them have to be cut

Why can’t we keep all of them? Because not everyone will play for the vet minimum and there is only so much salary cap to go around.
what is coming in the future that will be putting so much pressure on the cap that is forcing them to let a few of these guys go?

it's going to be a challenge to have a roster as good as last year's if we lose our top 4 free agents (Wilkins/AVG/Hunt/Williams) but anything is possible

I hear what you're saying. But also look at the talent on this roster that Grier drafted. Wilkins, Baker, Howard, Holland, Hunt, Jackson, Tua, Waddle, Phillips, Achane.

That's pretty darn good.
Baker and Howard were drafted by TBum. If you give him credit for that then we can throw in him drafting Charles Harris over TJ watt which was insane. AJ was a terrible pick as it was just picking for biggest need over bpa. That year Jefferson was on the board and lamb was drafted the pick in front of us which I’m sure wouldn’t have taken much to move up a couple spots and draft him. It definitely would taken less than the extra first we gave up to take waddle who is not nearly as talented as the 2 wrs I mentioned. Tuas pick took no skills from Grier we needed a QB and it was between him and Herbert and no one else. Some might say we drafted the wrong QB but that’s debatable.
I’m not saying he’s missed on every pick but I don’t think he’s drafted well and passed on much better talent on guys who were rated higher. I’m not talking about a player that was drafted in the fifth that became a star

Younger players that want to succeed
. Get what we can in the draft and look at what we got

it's going to be a challenge to have a roster as good as last year's if we lose our top 4 free agents (Wilkins/AVG/Hunt/Williams) but anything is possible
agree it is possible, but I think it is not probable. i would say the same thing if we had the best GM in football. this will not be easy. god forbid we pay tua through the nose, and then leave the team with no OL again, and he gets hurt. i am terrified by the stories we are hearing about both hunt and williams not coming back, and lord knows with armstead you cant win either way

Sunshine - We are unlikely to lose all the players you have listed. Won't be able to keep them all but you have been infected by the pervasive extreme negativity on FH. Let's just see what happens before you imitate a lemming and throw yourself off a cliff.
With what money and or picks are we keeping any of those players and still being able to get a serviceable corner and solidify the Oline? We are still over the cap and I don’t see a lot of moves that can be made to lower our cap. I hope your right but I don’t see it

While I like those players, instead of paying Wilkins $24 and Hunt $17 we could sign 4-5 players that are good. We could end up a better/deeper team. Look at KC. Everyone said they had no wrs since they lost Hill but they quietly assembled one of the best defenses in the league.

Baker and Howard were drafted by TBum. If you give him credit for that then we can throw in him drafting Charles Harris over TJ watt which was insane. AJ was a terrible pick as it was just picking for biggest need over bpa. That year Jefferson was on the board and lamb was drafted the pick in front of us which I’m sure wouldn’t have taken much to move up a couple spots and draft him. It definitely would taken less than the extra first we gave up to take waddle who is not nearly as talented as the 2 wrs I mentioned. Tuas pick took no skills from Grier we needed a QB and it was between him and Herbert and no one else. Some might say we drafted the wrong QB but that’s debatable.
I’m not saying he’s missed on every pick but I don’t think he’s drafted well and passed on much better talent on guys who were rated higher. I’m not talking about a player that was drafted in the fifth that became a star
I wanted Jefferson over Jackson. And yes I think the way the Waddle trade worked out was unusual.

But Waddle has been very productive. Jackson took a while, as you mentioned, but he's turned out to be really good.

I believe Howard was Grier's first draft. Of course, he also drafted Tunsil and ended up trading him for a lot of assets.

Have to credit Grier for the trades, too, that brought Hill and Chubb.

If you look at Miami's roster, compared to the rest of the league, it's easily top 10.

With what money and or picks are we keeping any of those players and still being able to get a serviceable corner and solidify the Oline? We are still over the cap and I don’t see a lot of moves that can be made to lower our cap. I hope your right but I don’t see it
There are plenty of ways to lower the cap. Hill’s deal will be restructured and Tua’s extension will help. Plus many other possible moves. We will lose some guys but we will be fine until 2026

The moves to lower cap which has to happen no matter what are restructuring of existing contracts. Its going to happen. Only way we get below cap. Its been talked about on many threads.

I wanted Jefferson over Jackson. And yes I think the way the Waddle trade worked out was unusual.

But Waddle has been very productive. Jackson took a while, as you mentioned, but he's turned out to be really good.

I believe Howard was Grier's first draft. Of course, he also drafted Tunsil and ended up trading him for a lot of assets.

Have to credit Grier for the trades, too, that brought Hill and Chubb.

If you look at Miami's roster, compared to the rest of the league, it's easily top 10.
Griers first draft without Tbum was 2019. So he didn’t draft Howard tunsil or minka at least not as our GM and as much as everyone hated Tbum including myself those 3 players are were better than anyone Grier has drafted since Tbum left. I believe our 2023 team was top 10 even tho we fell very short but right now there’s no way I can agree with that with all holes we’re left with and no money

There are plenty of ways to lower the cap. Hill’s deal will be restructured and Tua’s extension will help. Plus many other possible moves. We will lose some guys but we will be fine until 2026
Hill will already count for 50 MILLION in 2025 as crazy as that sounds. I don’t think we can do much there unless we want to pay him well into his 30s

Considering how pretty much our whole o line was injured last year. Who's to say we couldn't pick up 2nd or 3rd tier o line in free agency as well as draft. We ll find out soon enough.

Hill will already count for 50 MILLION in 2025 as crazy as that sounds. I don’t think we can do much there unless we want to pay him well into his 30s
I mean there are rumors that we are trying to trade for Snead so I don’t think Grier is too worried about the cap right now so we shouldn’t be either

So whats your plan to get under the cap and field a team other then restructures?

Back
Top Bottom