The Curious Case Of Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Curious Case Of Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones

Since he has been drafted, Miami has a winning record when he doesn’t play and a terrible overall record when he does.

Maybe that isn’t fully fair to him, but it goes to show you A. How irrelevant a one dimensional SS is and B. How easy it has been to replace him and find success on Sundays.

Reshad is good at what he does, but many of you overrate what he actually means to this team.

Look at all 22 starters. I honestly cannot think of a position I wouldn’t mind losing more than the starter at SS.

He has no business being $17 million on the cap and $25 million on a dead cap hit. **** is laughably bad.

Jones has been one of the top 5 best players the Dolphins have had in the past 10 years. However, the issue is he still wasn't that good. Which is the point. I'll never forget a speed receiver in Heyward-Bey running through him like he was a small child on a reverse run for a 60 yard touchdown.

In the NFL, the point is to pay you for what you're likely to do in the future. Not what you've done in the past.

Look at Jones' first 9 years in the NFL: 21 Interceptions, 7 Fumble returns, 6 Touchdowns, started over 100 games...

Anybody who thinks the next 9 years of his life are going to look anything like that is simply not living in reality. He won't even be in the league for half that amount of time from this day forward. More importantly, look at his best season in 2015 and ask yourself what are the odds any of his few remaining seasons are likely to resemble anything close to that.

The answer is, it ain't happening.

Bad contracts given to mediocre players just because they're the best you can find is why bad organizations stay bad.

He’s my favorite player on the team, of course I’m going to support him. U may not believe Burke/Gase contributed to his regression, we’ll see...

Regression? I always had issues with his backend play. He made splash plays, no doubt, but to often he got caught peeking.

Jones has been one of the top 5 best players the Dolphins have had in the past 10 years. However, the issue is he still wasn't that good.

No kidding. The criteria here has been mind boggling. I noted that within weeks of joining the site in 2005. Rank mediocrities were being touted in sigs, simply because they played for the Miami Dolphins.

Meanwhile the rest of the league and opposing fan bases didn't care at all.

Jones has had distinct strengths and weaknesses. His initial instincts are often so bad it shields him from deserved criticism, because he's nowhere near the play. Meanwhile if he had diagnosed only half as slowly, he would have been chasing the receiver and arrived obviously late.

Major tendency here for some of the biggest Tannehill apologists to also overstate Reshad Jones. That has been glaring for a half dozen years.

Back
Top Bottom