The Curious Case Of Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan in Cali, Jul 9, 2019.

1. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

Reshad is BY FAR the most accomplished member on this team, he has had a great and underrated career and is probably the 2nd best 5th round pick in Miami Dolphins history only because of ZT (good job Ireland).

Reshad is still top 5 at his position, sure he's overpaid but that's what bad teams gotta do to keep elite talent.

At age 31 he is still very much in his prime, Dolfans gonna eat a lot of crow in regards to his play with a real DC this year.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    illscriptures and BIGTom- like this.
  2. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

Well, he is one of the most accomplished, as he is one of two (I think) players to have gone to a pro bowl. Yes, he was alsova great rd 5 pick.

Neither of which has anything to do with his current status.

I'm not saying he is "trash", but he's not our third best player, and his contract (which I in no way blame him for) is not warranted.

I also don't give him a pass on quitting on his team, or not showing for OTAs.

3. mbhcu98

mbhcu98 Well-Known Member

He's on our team. Period. Get over your hurt, sissy feelings and support the guy until he's no longer here. IF!! He's no longer here.

spiketex, Etuoo33 and TannDaMan17 like this.
  4. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

Reshad has proven he can play at an elite level in this league:

I would argue only X and Tunsil have proven this as well, Minkah (imo our 4th best) while having great potential still has a long way to go so imo Reshad is currently in the top 3.

He had a bad year last year as did the whole team, coaching makes a BIG difference though and a boss like Reshad ain't declining at age 31.

5. dolfan4eva

dolfan4eva Starter

Sorry man but Caldwell was never a successful head coach. He got fired from the colts with pmanning as a quarter back went to Detroit and wasn’t much better. He actually said they didn’t need a run game and never drafted a decent running back and played almost all pass plays on offense.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

I thought he took the lions to the playoffs when they should of beaten Dallas no?

7. dolfan4eva

dolfan4eva Starter

If you look at his records he took good teams and the first year and made them anything from cellar dwellers to mediocrity. I watched every lions game when he was coach and he was far from good. They didn’t have a 100 yard rusher in a game for two to 3 years.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

He’s a respected coach in the league, maybe doesn’t have a great winning percentage but def respected and experienced..He’s our qb coach..that’s really good no matter how you spin it.

9. dolfan4eva

dolfan4eva Starter

I agree he is a good assistant just not a head coach.

10. mbhcu98

mbhcu98 Well-Known Member

Good then, right? He's not a Head Coach.

11. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid Donator

Reshad penchant for getting caught with his nose in the backfield, is his Achilles heel. You act like we haven't witnessed Reshad, good and bad for the past decade. Crow on a 31 yr old SS with a history? Please.

12. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

You and many others act like he's not a good football player anymore just because Burke was a football idiot. Please, he's one of the best we've got and he's still a top SS in this league.

13. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid Donator

I've been on the dump Jones train for years. He makes some great plays at the LOS, but all to often is caught peeking and is burnt. He was able to get away with it because his positive plays with TOs and pressures were highlighted on poor teams. So I reject the premise that Burke somehow led to his downfall or lack of production these past few years.

But it's all moot, because his contract keeps him in Davie for one more season at least. Meaning your hyperbole is just you trying to make waves. Meh.

14. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

He’s my favorite player on the team, of course I’m going to support him. U may not believe Burke/Gase contributed to his regression, we’ll see...

15. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

What's with all the belligerent posting about discussion recently?