The curse of Belichick. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The curse of Belichick.

Belicheat has been exposed since Brady left town. TB was the brains and the one actually winning all of those games under center.
Genius? I think not...Just a buffoon with his sleeves cut out

That’s laughable. Should have put Tannehill in there. Would have made it even funnier.
Probably would have won with Tannehill. That team had everything except consistency at quarterback. Just my opinion of course.

BB sent us Flo and Brissett to screw our season!

Lol jp.

But on a real note, I told my family that this was my last rebuild. I was riding or dieing w Flo (against my will) because I simply do not have the heart to suffer through another round of roster purges, coaching changes and scheme adjustments.

I never wanted a NE blow hard like Flo. Just like I want nothing to do w Brady being a minority owner.

But my goodness l, how is it possible to get it wrong at the QB position like 30+ times in a row? It's like losing black jack 30 times, odds are you will find a nut.

If they get Watson, I'll slam them for the panic. But I will tell you this, Watson will be the best QB we had suit up since 13. And after getting it wrong so many times, maybe this entire process will eventually yield our new found QB.

But if Flo gets canned, I am GONE. Watson or no Watson. I will be one of those ppl finding better ways to spend thier Sundays.
You’re seriously done if Flo leaves? This was all ride or die on Flo when the average tenure of an NFL coach is 3.2 years? How long did you really think Flo would be our coach? He’s on pace for the NFL average believe it or not. Cmon man it’s RIDE OR DIE WITH THE FINS NOT FLO. Agree on the blackjack reference and we definitely don’t want to go to Vegas with Ross. I’d love to take Grier and we would just head to roulette and I’d ask him Red or Black. Then bet opposite.

I'm gone if Flo and Watson are here...50 plus years as fan...Sundays will be freed up.

Yeah, if Flo goes, I’m not sticking around for another failed rebuild. I stopped watching football for almost 10 years after Marino retired. I’ll stop again until Ross sells the team.

Just a theory but... here goes:

For twenty years Belichick commanded a team with an iron fist, enabled by a quarterback that will go down as the GOAT and a front office that made excellent personnel decisions/moves. But without that GOAT we now see that maybe, just maybe, he's not all that much of a "genius". Moreover, seems his gruff and acerbic demeanor is wearing thin. To the point of running the GOAT out of town only to see said GOAT win it all with another team.

What's TRAGIC here is that this "style" of coaching clearly doesn't work. It's why guys like Saban coach college football. And now we have Flores failing with his own take on the "Belichick way".

Look, I wanted to believe. But it's over. The Dolphins will lose to the winless Jags next week and Flores and Grier's sorry behind should both be planning on finding a new employer.

Without the GOAT the Patriots never win 6 Super Bowls. And Belichick is never mentioned as a "coaching genius". An excellent coach? Sure. No doubt. But the man is an arsehole and his schtick of treating grown men the way he does... the way Saban did... the way Flores does now... without the GOAT he never would have succeeded enough to carry on like he does. And neither would his protege Flores.

Anyway. It's over, 2021. Done. So many wasted picks. So many bad personnel moves. So much pretentious posing as the "tuff coach". What a waste of time. Hope they cutt bait. Because another year or two of Flores and you'll see even more Dolphin fans finding better things to do on Sundays. I know I have.

PS - I gave up on this team on Week 1 after that "gift" we got in New England. If you watched that game and didn't already know the ship was sinking... then you were wearing rose colored glasses. And if you think there's anything left to salvage in 2021 then please get me the number of your dope dealer because you're smoking some good $#!t.
Question for you. What were you expecting this season before it started? Maybe you’ve been smoking too much of the good green prior to the season starting snd over expected? Is that a fair comment?

I am willing to put up with a new HC, a new GM and another 10 rebuilds. Because I have been a Dolphin fan since 1966 and as frustrating as it has been over the last 20 years I figure they will eventually get it right. Whether it will happen in my lifetime or not is the only question I have.

The only thing the Dolphins could do to lose me as a fan is to trade for Watson. Not because of my feeling that Tua is going to be a great QB but because I have no interest in rooting for a team with a sexual predator as their QB. Unless Watson is completely cleared in every law suit filed against him, I just
have zero interest in him coming to Miami.

If the Dolphins don’t believe Tua is the answer for them at QB and they sign Rogers after this season or trade for Wilson, I will be fine with either of them as the Dolphins QB. Even though I believe Tua will eventually be an excellent NFL QB, whether with the Dolphins or another NFL team.

Trading for Watson at this time, while he is still under investigation for over 20 sexual assaults would end my years as a Dolphin fan as soon as the trade is made. I hope it never comes to that but I would rather root for a mediocre Dolphin team than for any organization that would trade for a sexual predator.

That’s laughable. Should have put Tannehill in there. Would have made it even funnier.

I don't see why that is funny. I can't guarantee any of those QB win a superbowl and a couple other guys would be missing like Gronk, but every knew they were a QB away from being a deep playoff team and superbowl contender.

So I don't know if they win it or not, but they would still be in the discussion with those guys.

I don't see why that is funny. I can't guarantee any of those QB win a superbowl and a couple other guys would be missing like Gronk, but every knew they were a QB away from being a deep playoff team and superbowl contender.

So I don't know if they win it or not, but they would still be in the discussion with those guys.
Being a Tom Brady away is not the same thing as being a QB away. No, Andy Dalton was not propelling that team to the championship. Nor was Carr, nor was Tannehill, nor were a million other QBs out there. Tom Brady is the league’s all time leading passer and has 7 SB rings. His performance in many of those SBs far outweighs anything Andy Dalton has done or will do. This is simply the same spite-filled take on Brady being nothing special and just carried by either his team or his coach.

Back
Top Bottom