The Difference between Jay and Griese: HEART! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Difference between Jay and Griese: HEART!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You could see it in their eyes.. It didnt look like Brian wanted to be out there.. but Fiedler? Fiedler WANTED THIS! He was intense looking.. and did you see Chambers after his first catch? His eyes radiated with a menacing energy..

EVERYONE was ignited by Jay's immense heart, not by his skills.

Also, for the Wanny haters.. I must say that to me he displayed alot more passion than most think.. It was a more silent emotion and passion.. but you could see the intensity just by looking at him in the 4th quarter.. Even after the game ended you could see it..

Could Fiedler be the backup to lead us to the promised land? I think I am getting ahead of myself..

Great win nontheless! :D

lets not get too far ahead of ourselves...it was a great win and a fine performance by jay. but griese went for 3 td's no ints in his first outing too. and we all got swept up by that. including me:fiedler for MVP ;)

The Griese-Fiedler debate/comparisions are pointless. They both have strengths and weaknesses, but neither is good enough to win the dance. Can you see either one outgunning a McNair or a Manning to win a playoff game? Hardly.
The debate reminds me of the Flutie-Johnson bickering in Buffalo a few years back. Ultimately, a year or so later, both were gone, and both were backups, as they should be.
Griese and Fiedler would also make excellent backups. Don't even bother debating which is better....the point is neither is good enough.
Unfortunately.

there is no comparison, Fiedler's our guy, and he doesnt have to have a shootout with a Peyton Manning or STeve McNair, the responsibility of the tempo of the game is gonna fall on the defense, and thats a HUGE responsibility, but with all these vets, they need to and should get the job done....last night they didnt for the first 2.5-3 quarters, but they shut down the foreskins when they had to; crunch time...

Originally posted by AndyM
The Griese-Fiedler debate/comparisions are pointless. They both have strengths and weaknesses, but neither is good enough to win the dance. Can you see either one outgunning a McNair or a Manning to win a playoff game? Hardly.
The debate reminds me of the Flutie-Johnson bickering in Buffalo a few years back. Ultimately, a year or so later, both were gone, and both were backups, as they should be.
Griese and Fiedler would also make excellent backups. Don't even bother debating which is better....the point is neither is good enough.
Unfortunately.

Good post.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
there is no comparison, Fiedler's our guy, and he doesnt have to have a shootout with a Peyton Manning or STeve McNair, the responsibility of the tempo of the game is gonna fall on the defense, and thats a HUGE responsibility, but with all these vets, they need to and should get the job done....last night they didnt for the first 2.5-3 quarters, but they shut down the foreskins when they had to; crunch time...

You're right but with a Manning or a McNair we wouldn't have to rely always on our defense.

Ruh ruh.. now you are going to have Becky posting here about what a loser you all are for dispairaging Griese. :)

But that is a good point I never really brought up, I didn't want to heap negativity on my own perspective of Griese, just brought up points that were obvious. But yes.. he is very much like a robot. Win or lose, he shows next to no emotion out there. He doesn't reflect a fire to win, where many other QBs do.

I didn't get to see the game.. how did Brian play before the benching?

BroncoFox

I agree Jay is the guy for this year. However I take issue with anyone questioning BG's heart. I think what you see as a lack of heart is a lack of comfort. BG does not have the history and experience with this team that Jay does. But he will if he is back next year. BG also has not benefitted from good line support as Jay has. Even in the same game the line appeared to play better with Jay. That is a ringing endorsement for Jay this year, but you cant say BG has not heart. He played well and hard. His post game qoute shows not only did he have the heart to win but also the heart to take a back seat when needed to support the team.

Griese seems like a good guy.. but he just simply does not display the emotion neccessary for the leader of your team. Like the bronco guy said, he was robotic.. much like Bledsoe.

well, i think that it's safe to say that BG will be a backup for someone next year....and with that he will take a huge paycut.....so......what are the chances that he takes it and stays with us?

As for JF....He may not be Marino, Elway or whatever and lord knows I have screamed enough at TVs and games over the years asking myself what was he thinking....but no one can argue with his winning percentage. In all honesty, I think if the team as a whole plays more consistently (uhh...offensive line would be nice and more importantly the letdowns by the D the last 1/4 of the season) he can win any dance contest.

I'm a Bronco girl tho.. but yup, he is robotic. :)

And I also don't think he doesn't have heart. I think he *does* want to win.. I just think he is a very quiet guy. He himself said he is introverted. He also is very hard on himself I think. When it gets bad, instead of getting fired up, he starts making more mistakes.. he chokes. His lack of emotion can't be good for any team. Combine that with his inability to make plays, and get sacked far too often, and you are in a bad way.

Perhaps Jay is not your long term solution, but in a choice between him and Brian, he is the much better choice IMO. You should be thankful you only had to put up with Brian for a few games, instead of a few years. :(

BroncoFox

Originally posted by jbond
well, i think that it's safe to say that BG will be a backup for someone next year....and with that he will take a huge paycut.....so......what are the chances that he takes it and stays with us?

I don't know but Fiedler too has to take a huge paycut.

I hope we can get Wale to stay with us. He gets better and better every year and as JT starts to near the end of his career we need to start building for the future years...

Back
Top Bottom