The Difference between Jay and Griese: HEART! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Difference between Jay and Griese: HEART!

I'm not saying we're going to make the big dance...

Originally posted by AndyM
The Griese-Fiedler debate/comparisions are pointless. They both have strengths and weaknesses, but neither is good enough to win the dance. Can you see either one outgunning a McNair or a Manning to win a playoff game? Hardly.
The debate reminds me of the Flutie-Johnson bickering in Buffalo a few years back. Ultimately, a year or so later, both were gone, and both were backups, as they should be.
Griese and Fiedler would also make excellent backups. Don't even bother debating which is better....the point is neither is good enough.
Unfortunately.

Or for that matter, even the playoffs. I know one thing. When Feidler plays well, the offense moves the ball, we chew up alot of clock and we have a fresh and well rested defense, who I think ego's in the lockeroom alone, makes them step up their game, becasue they don't want to be the weak unit/link. The formula for beating spread offenses such as the Titans, Indy, and Chiefs, is jam the recievers, pressure the qb, and stiffle the running game. We did it to Buffalo, when they were hottest offense in the league, there's no reason we can't use the same formula against these teams. The key is, to keep these explosive offenses off the field with long drives. We haven't been able to do that lately. But we are surely capable of doing it. And when we do, 90% of the time, the defense steps up with a 3 and out, a turnover, or gives up maybe a field goal.

In the first half of last night's game, the defense looked unispired and lost. Couldn't tackle, no pass rush, etc... But The team was electric when JF returned. He is undoubtedly, the leader of this team, and it's evident that the players really respond to him.

On a side note, what I like about JF, is he always looks for CC. Which CC and RW are the keys to our offense. What an inspiring win.

just listening to Jay's post game comments and I like his cofidence..he told the guys in the huddle to "get it in there minds that they were going to go out and win the game"...

Back
Top Bottom