The difference between the fins cap and the bills cap | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The difference between the fins cap and the bills cap

"Wrong. What we got was the opportunity to celebrate 10 times during the year, hope for the playoffs until after the 15th week of the season, and the satisfaction in knowing that we improved over last year"

Technically...you were eliminated a week earlier than last year. Since everything stat wise in sports can only be compared against stats at the same time...you got worse.

In fact...you've been eliminated from the playoffs a week earlier every year for the last 4 years.

2003- week 16
2002- week 17
2001- Wildcard game
2000- Division game

Originally posted by Spikes
"Wrong. What we got was the opportunity to celebrate 10 times during the year, hope for the playoffs until after the 15th week of the season, and the satisfaction in knowing that we improved over last year"

Technically...you were eliminated a week earlier than last year. Since everything stat wise in sports can only be compared against stats at the same time...you got worse.

In fact...you've been eliminated from the playoffs a week earlier every year for the last 4 years.

2003- week 16
2002- week 17
2001- Wildcard game
2000- Division game

Bills Records:
2003: 6-10
2002: 8-8
2001: 3-13
2000: 8-8

So consistenly sucking is better? What is this logic again? I thought that Dolfans were illogical...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
and all you have to show for your "better records" is a worst draft position. I mean, come on guys, you can convince yourself that 10-6 means something, but without the playoffs it's the worst record you can possibly have.

I'm personally hoping for a certain 14-2 team to lose their first game in the playoff race.....now THAT would be a wasted season :lol:

2 more days until I get another xmas present...

Spikes your right! And who do we have to thank for that! THe great coach we're keeping for a few more years! HA HA!! I look at it like this if you don't make the playoffs Nobody cares what your Damn record is!!

Guys, can you look at this objectively for a second?

Bills went 6-10: Got rid of their two worst coaches(gilbride is gone for sure), and got a good draft position(13th).

Miami went 10-6 missed the playoffs: finished good enough to KEEP their coach(mistake), and draft 20th.

Yes, we both would of much rather had a playoff berth, but now that we don't, who ultimately won?

Bills went 6-10: Got rid of their two worst coaches(gilbride is gone for sure), and got a good draft position(13th).

Miami went 10-6 missed the playoffs: finished good enough to KEEP their coach(mistake), and draft 20th.

Yes, we both would of much rather had a playoff berth, but now that we don't, who ultimately won?
Talk about spin doctoring...WOW...so when you predicted that the Bills would crush the Phins and Pats...you down deep were secretly hoping for them to lose so they would get rid of the coaches and have better draft position???????....: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....I guess that thinking came into play after you lost the last 2 games...I guess you ultimatelywon...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..I have now heard it all...talk of the unstoppable Bills in week 2...Spikes as Def player of the year....offense scoring at will...making reservations to the Super Bowl...to we ultimate;y won by having a terrible season...and laying down like dogs at the end..:eek: :eek: :eek: UNBELIVEABLE

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
Talk about spin doctoring...WOW...so when you predicted that the Bills would crush the Phins and Pats...you down deep were secretly hoping for them to lose so they would get rid of the coaches and have better draft position???????....: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....I guess that thinking came into play after you lost the last 2 games...I guess you ultimatelywon...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..I have now heard it all...talk of the unstoppable Bills in week 2...Spikes as Def player of the year....offense scoring at will...making reservations to the Super Bowl...to we ultimate;y won by having a terrible season...and laying down like dogs at the end..:eek: :eek: :eek: UNBELIVEABLE
that paragraph can describe Miami and their fans just as easily:lol:
Cause we all know Miami fans NEVER predict a superbowl...btw, find any post where I said we were going to the superbowl:rolleyes:

"you down deep were secretly hoping for them to lose so they would get rid of the coaches and have better draft position???????"

wow, someone can't read...you obviously didn't read my whole post, or you would've seen this: "Yes, we both would of much rather had a playoff berth"

hey, congrats on the sweep, but we still won

We have had this wrong all along!!!!

Why are we watching the playoffs...who really cares who wins the Super Bowl...the SD Chargers are the big winners...they get the best draft position...NO 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!...wins don't matter...lol...pride...what pride????....they were ultimately the winner of the NFL because they had the worst record...how clear it all is now...Thanks CW!...I have learned something new....why was I rooting for the phins to win every year when losing is what the main objective is....I just don't understand why the Bills won the 6 games they won...they would have been so much better off losing them all!!!!....pride...class...ultimately the winners...my eyes have been opened..:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Re: We have had this wrong all along!!!!

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
Why are we watching the playoffs...who really cares who wins the Super Bowl...the SD Chargers are the big winners...they get the best draft position...NO 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!...wins don't matter...lol...pride...what pride????....they were ultimately the winner of the NFL because they had the worst record...how clear it all is now...Thanks CW!...I have learned something new....why was I rooting for the phins to win every year when losing is what the main objective is....I just don't understand why the Bills won the 6 games they won...they would have been so much better off losing them all!!!!....pride...class...ultimately the winners...my eyes have been opened..:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
hey, gotta make the playoffs...these last 4 years you guys have been bragging about a better record, but what do you have to show for it?...come on NYphinfan...what do you have?

the only thing i've envied of the dolphins over that 4-year stretch is their playoff win over the colts. We've averaged 6 wins a year the past 4 years, you've averaged 10, and all you have to show for it is 1 playoff win(which was quickly a distant memory once you played oakland)

Gilbride is gone for sure???? Well as of now Greg was fired and rehired elsewhere. Conversly gilbride remains. Oh and good luck with the O coordinater as your head coach. It will be wildly sucessful to have two crappy offensive coordinators.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Re: We have had this wrong all along!!!!

hey, gotta make the playoffs...these last 4 years you guys have been bragging about a better record, but what do you have to show for it?...come on NYphinfan...what do you have?

the only thing i've envied of the dolphins over that 4-year stretch is their playoff win over the colts. We've averaged 6 wins a year the past 4 years, you've averaged 10, and all you have to show for it is 1 playoff win(which was quickly a distant memory once you played oakland)

While I do agree that if you don't make the playoffs your season is unsuccessful, actually to some extent if you dont' make the SB it was not successful. I don't believe that there is no difference between the Chargers, Cards and Lions to teams like the Fins, Vikings. The object is to win as many games as you can, they did that.

So what you are saying is if the Fins made the playoffs and lost in the first round then they can brag about being better? There are only 2 teams that get to play in every week of the season(of course not including byes) and only one of them gets to win.

I really can't believe that you can sit there and say that all teams that didn't make the playoffs are equal. I would love to see what you Bills fans would say if it was the other way around and a Fin fan was saying that.

Typical discussion with Bils fans,

"We had a better record were better."
"We had a worse record but we beat twice were better" :rolleyes:
"We had a worse record and you swept us but we fired our coach and got a better draft pick were better" :hitself:
"We have sex with our sisters were better" :lol:

come on phin...the redneck comeback?..you can do better than that.

and when did I say all non-playoff teams were equal?...no doubt your team was better than ours last year, I'm not disputing that...what I am saying is that we ended up in a better position for next year.

Again, we both would've much rather made the playoffs, but we didn't...so which one of us came out the ultimate winner? we got to fire our lameduck coach, you guys kept yours, and we ended up 7 spots better in the draft.

Yeah CW, I have to tow the Phin line here. Your argument is field with holes. Using your theory that you ulitmately benfited more from not making the playoffs (as in direct competition with the phins I mean, We both know we would rather make the playoffs than be in the position we are in but I type this so we both know we are on the same page, confused yet :lol: ) is ludicrous. That would mean that you should have done better this year since last year we were in a similar position with both team missing the playoffs while Miami finished with more wins. In fact, you got worse so I don't see how you cna use that argument this year when recent history shows it went the other way.

I hear what you are saying, using conventional draft theories, you will get a more "talented" or "coveted" player and have 7 more options to choose from currently over the phins. However, I think it matters more with what you do with those picks. Seeing how, in my opinion, your GM was duped last year into picking an unhealthy McGahee while already having a good runner on your team, somethign similar could in fact happen.

Now with Miami what is most likely to happen is for us to trade away our draft picks to our division rivals to move up in a third round move to pick a linebacker...again ( i.e. Greenwood, Moore) :lol:

I still say we combine and really take the Patriots to task, or at least attempt to as the DOLPHBILLS.

Originally posted by Samphin
Yeah CW, I have to tow the Phin line here. Your argument is field with holes. Using your theory that you ulitmately benfited more from not making the playoffs (as in direct competition with the phins I mean, We both know we would rather make the playoffs than be in the position we are in but I type this so we both know we are on the same page, confused yet :lol: ) is ludicrous. That would mean that you should have done better this year since last year we were in a similar position with both team missing the playoffs while Miami finished with more wins. In fact, you got worse so I don't see how you cna use that argument this year when recent history shows it went the other way.

I hear what you are saying, using conventional draft theories, you will get a more "talented" or "coveted" player and have 7 more options to choose from currently over the phins. However, I think it matters more with what you do with those picks. Seeing how, in my opinion, your GM was duped last year into picking an unhealthy McGahee while already having a good runner on your team, somethign similar could in fact happen.

Now with Miami what is most likely to happen is for us to trade away our draft picks to our division rivals to move up in a third round move to pick a linebacker...again ( i.e. Greenwood, Moore) :lol:

I still say we combine and really take the Patriots to task, or at least attempt to as the DOLPHBILLS.
I respect your post, and I agree, we should've been better this year, but we weren't--and we all know why: this year has taught us that coaching is extremely important to the success of your team...we were led by morons, and our record shows it

Originally posted by Spikes

This is the lamest argument I've ever read. Our record went from 9-7 to 10-6. In addition, we had a legit chance to win every game except 1 (the Tenn. game).

The Fins improved over last year, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom